Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Have you preordered WH3?

IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,543
I start: Yes

Why? After +2k hours of playing I just find inevitable the moment to buy it so better with a 10% youtubers gave to everyone. I don’t think I would wait for a sale , thats like 8months? for a 20% off? 1+ year for a 30/40% off?

I don’t pirate so thats out of the question, even if the game is the. worst of the 3 it will at least still work as ME expanxion pack.

Thats why I pre ordered.

*Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
*Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
*Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
*Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

Comments

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,543

I'm confident that the game is going to be good but I'm not preordering on principle until the preorder is revealed and I see gameplay from youtubers.

I'm not totally averse to preordering but I'd like to see exactly what I'll be receiving, preferably from people who aren't on CA's official marketing team.

true, that lets me see a fault in my logic: If I pre order I make CA lazy and they wont give it the 500%.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.

• SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,143
    Honestly, I have not.
    I need to see the Pre-order first, and then the various factions that will be added particularly Tzeentch and Cathay before I make a decision on whether I want to buy or not.

I don't need to see YouTuber gameplay as I really already know what the gameplay is like, and I am not too concerned about launch bugs unless it makes Rome 2's launch look good.

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,421
    No. I made a pact with Hashut to not preorder!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

Bonus question for those who want to answer it:

What would make you NOT buy the game on release day? Or even don’t buy it at all?

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,049
    No pre-ordering is stupid and should be avoided at all cost

I did do it at some point as well, but Ca ain´t getting any more pre-order cash from me, they lost that privilege by releasing unpolished products and using scummy marketing ploys like their adding DLC content on their FLC charts (bone giant for example) and selling us mystery content galore(kharibdyss)

Now i buy their product after they have been released and only if i find the level of bugs to be bearable and i let the sheeple act CA´s free q/a department

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,143

What would make you NOT buy the game on release day? Or even don’t buy it at all?

Bonus Answer!
    If the game is incredibly unstable, then I would cancel my pre-order.
    If the game constantly bugs out like Empire, then I would cancel my preorder.
    If the game is Rome 2 electric boogaloo with dishonest marketing, then I am not buying it on release, and I would buy like a year or two later at a hefty discount.

If all of the factions looked really lackluster, then I would honestly just skip it.

Reeks said:

I did do it at some point as well, but Ca ain´t getting any more pre-order cash from me, they lost that privilege by releasing unpolished products and using scummy marketing ploys like their adding DLC content on their FLC charts (bone giant for example) and selling us mystery content galore(kharibdyss)

Now i buy their product after they have been released and only if i find the level of bugs to be bearable and i let the sheeple act CA´s free q/a department

What a colorful text, so you are literallt every day in the forum lurking for news but if WH3 comes with bugs you won’t buy it? I call bs

• Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,577
    I haven't pre-ordered yet. I want to know more info about the game and what the preorder race is. Also their are still a lot game 2 races i want to play more of so I'm not in a rush.

I'll definitely play game 3 but the real question is when????????
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,324
    No.
    1. I know way too little to preorder.
    2. I am still **** about how preordering game#2 ended with not being able to play with a brandnew gaming rig, because of their GeForce screwup which was solved after A MONTH, since obviously it was too much of a hassle to hotfix before.
    3. And lets not forget that gam#2 in release state, and a month after followed by another 8 months of Norsca hiccup is also something too remember. Which opens the question if it might really be wise to buy asap, or if waiting 6 months might not be the better approach. Even if we probably all agree that "longterm" their current best Total War will just get better once (Im)Mortal Empire drops, and the "old races" will be adapted to the new power balance the new races will set.
    If they want my money in advance this time, they should better wow me. And so far, the marketing campaign for game#3 was imo terrible in regards of pacing and actual news who not got leaked in advance.

------Red Dox
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,171

1. No I haven't pre-ordered.
    2. Because what we have seen doesn't look remotely worth it.

A: Monos are as bad as I feared.
    B: Kislev is a minor faction.
    C: Cathay is nothing.
    D: The fact they go to the realm of chaos is pants on head stupid. Nobody can convince me otherwise.
    F: Magical reinforced survival mode is stupid.
    G: Ogres and CDwarves are not core.
    H: Daemons of Chaos died for nothing.
    I: I have no reason to believe the core gameplay or balance, will improve.

TLDR: They haven't demonstrated anything to get me to pre-order, and in fact I'm less likely now, than I ever have been.

How's that marketing plan working out?
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,524

I'm confident that the game is going to be good but I'm not preordering on principle until the preorder is revealed and I see gameplay from youtubers.

I'm not totally averse to preordering but I'd like to see exactly what I'll be receiving, preferably from people who aren't on CA's official marketing team.

^This 100%

So if september news about WH3 are great a lot of you will pre order right? and some might wait till release day.

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,634
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,870
    I will.

Let’s be honest, people who spend a good amount of time in this forum will be playing it at some point.

I play the game a lot and find it pointless to wait for the sake of it because it’s now fashionable to not pre order games as it makes you a shill or ‘sheep’. Nah, I’ll pre order, play it and enjoy playing it.
  • philosofoolphilosofool Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 754
    I haven't yet. I don't give people my money until I need to.

I want to play it near max or max settings (1440p). I currently have a GTX 970. I will pay $500 for a video card at MSRP if it will last me a long time, but I refuse to pay $1200 for one. I might have to wait until video cards come down in price. If Crypto prices don't crash before the release, I will probably have to wait for a video card.

If there are reports that it needs a major patch before it is enjoyable, I will wait for a patch that makes it fun.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,993
    I haven't pre ordered but not because I don't want to, but because I'm not in a hurry to do so, we don't even know when the game is going to be released and you can buy the game during the first week and still get the Preorder bonus.

I will eventually Preorder, but I simply don't have this urge some people have to Preorder the moment they can, it's not like the game has limited copies or something.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,825
    I made an exception for WH3 as I am very confident I will enjoy the game no matter what. Normally I don't preorder as it's a bad practice.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,171

I will.

Let’s be honest, people who spend a good amount of time in this forum will be playing it at some point.

I play the game a lot and find it pointless to wait for the sake of it because it’s now fashionable to not pre order games as it makes you a shill or ‘sheep’. Nah, I’ll pre order, play it and enjoy playing it.

I've pre-ordered everything in Game 1/2, and every DLC.

I'm not against pre-order on principle.

I legit don't have reason to think Game 3 improves on what we have, at this point.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,209
    edited August 19
    Didn't preorder.
    Because the only reason to do it (the preorder bonus) hasn't yet been revealed. Plus you can preorder after reviews will be made public (which tbh i don't trust that much since the game is complex and not easy to get into, but hey, they're free), so i really don't see any reason to preorder right now.

For the bonus, i'd say either a super-buggy game (where i wouldn't buy it anyway, since if i buy a game i want to play it) or, more important, if the siege rework suck.
    The fact is, i'm not that happy to recieve a "more of the same" for TWW3, since the "same" for TWW2 resulted in a lot of content that, due to lack of quality, was partially useless (therefore didn't increase my enjoyment for the game), and TWW3 appears to be a more of the same with the exception of the siege rework, which is effectively the only "vertical increase" to the content TWW3 will definitely have (there may be more, but 99.9% won't, so i'm assuming the siege rework is the only thing that could really differentiate TWW3 from a big DLC).
  • SantobubuSantobubu Member Registered Users Posts: 441
    There was no point in kidding myself, even if there were some reasons for concerns I would have caved in anyway and got it a few days before release. There was a 20% discount on fanatical and I just went for it. So yes!
  • SantobubuSantobubu Member Registered Users Posts: 441
    Actually the offer is still there https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/total-war-warhammer-iii
    You're welcome 😊
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,719
    edited August 19
    Nope, I'm saving money to buy a good gaming PC for warhammer 3 and some other upcoming titles so it isnt really woth it to buy the game until I have it.

Also I usually dont preorder anything because you know: Cyberpunk 2077, rome 2, the norsca fiasco, no man's sky... so I will probably buy it some time after the release.

For the bonus question I think there isnt anything that would make me not buy the game eventually. Only something super extreme like a incredibly buggy release that makes it literally unplayable and CA saying the day next to release that they are abandoning the game forever. But of course something like that isnt happening.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,870
    Surge_2 said:

I will.

I've pre-ordered everything in Game 1/2, and every DLC.

I'm not against pre-order on principle.

I legit don't have reason to think Game 3 improves on what we have, at this point.
    I didn’t think TSatB was an improvement over TPatW but I still bought it.

Like I say, at some point if someone spends a lot of their time here they will most likely buy it at some point.

I like the series and I want more, it’s that simple for me.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,049

Reeks said:

What a colorful text, so you are literallt every day in the forum lurking for news but if WH3 comes with bugs you won’t buy it? I call bs
    Did you have a hard time comprehending what you qoted?
    I feel like i explained pretty clearly why i dont pre-order and how i treat buggy releases 😉

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    edited August 19

This.
    Plus I would rather pay future money than now money for a game still months away.
    I will probably preorder the week before release.
    Post edited by Fingolfin_the-Golden on
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,374
    Not yet, no. I probably will when we get a release date and see what the preorder race pack is.
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,013
    Noooo.

I will still buy it barring something spectacularily bad about it though I find that highly unlikely.

I could preorder it but on this little info? Not in a million years. I will do what I always do. Wait until the last possible minute and then get my preorder bonuses.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • AfanAfan Registered Users Posts: 363
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292
    Nope, I will never pre-order any CA games after Rome II.

Yet; We dont see a lot of Wh3, 2 factions, new battle type for new faction, nothing new about siege reworks, diplomacy etc.

As right now, I can wait, even half a year, plenty of games to finish.

Maybe CA will change my mind, with pre-order bonus, news.