Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQโ€™s here.

Categories

What is Clan Pestilens missing?

SagezSagez Registered Users Posts: 138
I saw some people saying that Clan Pestilens needs more content, what exactly? More units, reworked mechanics? They do feel like left behind Moulder and Skryre and right now, with nerfed corruption (as I remember) and plagues they seem a little forgotten.

I'm not a Skaven expert so I ask. I only played Pestilens once and I liked their plague monks.

Comments

• Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,616
    Adding +2 recruit rank tech for plague monks like all the other units get would be a start.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,194
    A type of plague design mechanic
    -Huge pox-filled Rat Ogre
    -There's a few LL or possible heroes
    -I think key words would help as well
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Registered Users Posts: 1,077

If they do a craft brew plauge mechanic it's going to be with Ku'gath Plaguefather, since that's his thing.
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,394
    They need Plague Lords and this wonderful thing down here๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,194

If they do a craft brew plauge mechanic it's going to be with Ku'gath Plaguefather, since that's his thing.
    It's also a Pestalins thing, which they could use differently for both:

Skaven use it to upgrade the Plague Claw Catapult and other marked units

Nurgle uses it similar to the Death Guard Mechanic that allows an AoE around key characters.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,944
    First off, they need to be given back the Plagueclaw Catapult which CA erroneously put in the Skryre building tree.
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,605
    Ideally they need a generic lord and Plague Monks and Censer Bearers made viable in campaign, currently the only two Pestilens units that are good are Plague Priest and Plague Claw Catapult. Melee infantry needs help in campaign in general and Plague Monk infantry for Pestilens needs a bit on top of that.

A bit more ways to spread plague would be good too, plus Skrolk's skill tree could use some tweaks, it's pretty outdated compared to new or reworked lords and it was kinda boring to start with.
  • BloatedCorpse1234BloatedCorpse1234 Registered Users Posts: 55
    They need same stuff as other non-dlc Skaven factions: mechanics.

Skrolk is a strong lord and Pestilens is a fun faction to play. But after one has done campaigns with Ikits workshop, Throts lab or with Deathmasters dealings, the non-dlc factions feel kinda empty.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,450
    Plaguelord or Plague Pontifex as a generic lord options, they could get a few units for flavour like the Pusbags and Skrolk need actual buffs to the Pestilens units. His unique skill line is really boring.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,632
    They're missing a decent start location (ME).

South Lustria is useless... the whole region makes for the lamest starts in the game. Way too crowded and the geography is terrible.

ME really needs Lustria and the Southlands restored. I hope they do that for game 3.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    A generic Lord to lead them

More unique poison ability to set their poison apart from any generic poison units
  • Clsmith88Clsmith88 Registered Users Posts: 97

First off, they need to be given back the Plagueclaw Catapult which CA erroneously put in the Skryre building tree.

And maybe a non-hero Plague Furnace unit in the upper tiers of the Pestilens tree too?
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    Sagez said:

Reeks. >:)

Fun aside, hopefully in game three there will be a full warhammer map which will give them a better game start.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
    Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Need is a strong term but Pestilens should ideally be improved to the same level of the other great clans, that is mechanics (Plague laboratory equivalent) and the ability to build full thematic armies.

I know that Moulder are also lacking their Master mutator generic lord, but Pestilens could benefit from a generic Plaguelord/Plague Pontifex (it should be possible to make it distinct from the Grey Seer Plague).

Then for additional units, they could be based on the "Bubonic Court of Nurglitch" Lusteia 6E list.

If you Google it, you'll find that the list contains basically Pestilens versions of regular skaven units, with most having the "Frenzy" rule and the ability to have a flail as a weapon:

Pusbags -> Pestilens Skavenslaves
    Rotten Rodents -> Pestilens Clanrats
    Frothing Giant Rats -> Pestilens Giant rats (sadly giant rats aren't in the game but Wolf rats could be used)
    Mad Rat Ogres -> Pestilens Rat Ogres with Frenzy
    Stinking Things -> Pestilens Chieftain
    Rat Spawn -> This one woule be the exception, a skaven pestilens chaos spawn equivalent.
    Cauldron of Thousand Poxes -> Could be approximated as a Plague Furnace available as a unit. Strangely in the Lustria 6E expansion it was supposed to be based on a Screaming Bell.

All of this would be in my opinion warrant something between a Lord Pack and a FLC. Basically, I think this needs a Drycha-style addition, with variants of existing units including characters (similar to Tree spirits -> Malevolent tree spirits we got for Drycha).
    This would of course be ideal, but I don't know if CA is still in the business of making Drycha-style additions/reworks.

Maybe in game 3 alongside the Thanquol DLC to finalise the skavens once and for all?
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    MiniaAr said:

Need is a strong term but Pestilens should ideally be improved to the same level of the other great clans, that is mechanics (Plague laboratory equivalent) and the ability to build full thematic armies.

I know that Moulder are also lacking their Master mutator generic lord, but Pestilens could benefit from a generic Plaguelord/Plague Pontifex (it should be possible to make it distinct from the Grey Seer Plague).

Then for additional units, they could be based on the "Bubonic Court of Nurglitch" Lusteia 6E list.

If you Google it, you'll find that the list contains basically Pestilens versions of regular skaven units, with most having the "Frenzy" rule and the ability to have a flail as a weapon:

Pusbags -> Pestilens Skavenslaves
    Rotten Rodents -> Pestilens Clanrats
    Frothing Giant Rats -> Pestilens Giant rats (sadly giant rats aren't in the game but Wolf rats could be used)
    Mad Rat Ogres -> Pestilens Rat Ogres with Frenzy
    Stinking Things -> Pestilens Chieftain
    Rat Spawn -> This one woule be the exception, a skaven pestilens chaos spawn equivalent.
    Cauldron of Thousand Poxes -> Could be approximated as a Plague Furnace available as a unit. Strangely in the Lustria 6E expansion it was supposed to be based on a Screaming Bell.

All of this would be in my opinion warrant something between a Lord Pack and a FLC. Basically, I think this needs a Drycha-style addition, with variants of existing units including characters (similar to Tree spirits -> Malevolent tree spirits we got for Drycha).
    This would of course be ideal, but I don't know if CA is still in the business of making Drycha-style additions/reworks.

Maybe in game 3 alongside the Thanquol DLC to finalise the skavens once and for all?

Doesn't the bubonic court list depict Pestilence at the time of the lustria campaign? IIRC the book explicitly mentions it being relatively different from the modern (26th century) version of the Clan.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,718
    Plaguelords and Cauldron of a thousand poxes unit and or plague design mechanic
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 653
    Sagez said:

It's own faction.

• Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 889
    Sagez said:

I saw some people saying that Clan Pestilens needs more content, what exactly? More units, reworked mechanics? They do feel like left behind Moulder and Skryre and right now, with nerfed corruption (as I remember) and plagues they seem a little forgotten.

I'm not a Skaven expert so I ask. I only played Pestilens once and I liked their plague monks.

Pox Rats mounts and units, more themed units/heroes/lords, a mechanic that allows for brewing different plagues and giving units different types of poison.
  • SagezSagez Registered Users Posts: 138
    Thank you guys for awesome replies, now I know! I clicked ''agree'' to every post.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,718
    Dang I forgot Pox Rats. 100% must have