Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressCannot start Coop-Campaing after mythos update

JustTheJorgeJustTheJorge Registered Users Posts: 7
edited November 2021 in Campaign and Battle Bugs
Hi, a friend and I were playing a coop campaign before the update and everything was fine up until that point but after the update when we tried to reload our campaign and both of us hit ready and start the campaign it just stays on the same screen as in the screenshot, the game is not frozen or crashes in any way but it just stays there and we cannot start the campaign we can also unready but even if we try to ready up again it doesn't work.

We have tried to reinstall the game for both of us, verify files, restart pcs, restart epic games, and also tried to do the multiplayer campaign between us but that keeps happening.

Any help is welcome, thanks!
Post edited by CA_Dimitar on

Comments

• ZakinuliZakinuli Registered Users Posts: 3
    Same problem. Sent a request to support
  • LK_RayoMat1310LK_RayoMat1310 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hello, I have the same problem, contact SEGA support but they told me that this is a problem for the developers and to try to contact them here.

Hello, I have the same problem, contact SEGA support but they told me that this is a problem for the developers and to try to contact them here.

same! CA please help!
  • vvthievvvvthievv Registered Users Posts: 4
    Same problem, my friend and me were so excited on launch then it has worked at all since we tried. Hopefully they can notify us when its resolved.
  • JustTheJorgeJustTheJorge Registered Users Posts: 7
    Hey, did you guys also have where your name is supposed to be completely blank? like in the photo my name is not there, and according to my friend he also couldn't see my name.

Hey, did you guys also have where your name is supposed to be completely blank? like in the photo my name is not there, and according to my friend he also couldn't see my name.

My friend and I do not see his name displayed, it is written with "_". And by the way, the patch did not fix the problem.
  • MatrokoMatroko Registered Users Posts: 6
    I do have the same issue as well. Did anyone find a solution? Is there a possiblity to roll back to a previous version on Epic?
  • MultiDevilsMultiDevils Registered Users Posts: 4
    Same issue here has anyone found a fix?
    No fix yet.
    List of stuff we both tried:

Reinstall the game
      Restart the game
      Restart Epic
      Reinstall Epic
      Delete Creative Assembly files in %appdata%
      Change Internet connection
      Join someone else to see if one of us was the problem (both couldn't play with the 3rd person who could play with someone else)
    Idk if this is an issue with epic or with the game itself.
    Hope they can fix it soon.
    I tried further yesterday and realised a few things. I tried to start a game with someone random and I actually could start it. So the issue lays on my friends side, who has the same problem of having his name not shown, as you mentioned above.
    Investigating further, I figured that it may have to do with the Epic Games account and Total War Access account having some kind issue, as can be seen in this other forum discussion: "TOTAL WAR TROY SCREWED UP MY FORUM NAME? SEE WARNING" .
    But still, having tried some workarounds related to Total War Access and Epic Games we could not find a proper solution, so my friend will contact Sega support, to see if they can do something on his side.

I hope this info at least helps someone :smile:
  • CA_DimitarCA_Dimitar Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 210
    edited September 2021
    Hello all ,

Thanks for your patience and detailed reports. We weren't able able to reproduce your issue internally. Could you provide us with your save files(preferably for both players). It could be really helpful if you can specify which save is from the game host. Also do you remember approximately when you started your campaign? Are there any unconventional symbols in the missing player names?

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Hi Dimitar,

In our case, we do not have a save, as we could not even start the coop campaign (also not possible to play multiplayer battles either). There is no countdown when we click start, and we are stuck with the button stating "start..."
    Regarding the missing names, in our case, my friend has a name with just letters, so no symbols.

From what I have seen online, this issue seems to be both happening to steam and epic store players.

I hope you guys manage to find the reason behind this!
    So I commented before, this is sad. My friend and me have been waiting for over 2 weeks to play, nothing has been fixed, the only difference I have noticed is that me and my friend are using different launchers. I use Epic and he uses Steam. Please fix this soon!
    Same with us, we don't have savegames anymore when we tried to delete the Creative Assembly folder they were deleted too, and this happens when trying to start any multiplayer thing, it also happens on battles and starting new campaigns not only loading them.

We started that campaign about 1 or 2 weeks before the update.

Also, my name shouldn't have any kind of symbol it is the same as in here JustTheJorge.

Thx for replying :smile:
    Hello all,

Thanks again for the answers. Could you please try creating MP game while the issue happens and after that provide us with your mp_log.txt files so we can investigate this further? These should be in the following location:
    %appdata% > The Creative Assembly > Troy/Troy_steam > Logs > mp_log.txt

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • narobav702narobav702 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hi Dimitar,

My friend and I just downloaded the game, so we've got a clean installation with no prior saves / campaigns.
    First thing we tried was the multiplayer coop mode. We experienced the same problem, the logs are in the attachment section.

Best regards
    Sorry for the late response, here is my mp_log.txt
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,400
    Hi Everyone!

Could we get mp_logs from both machines from the same session this will help us investigate further! This means getting the file from player 1's machine AND player 2's machine.

Looking into the logs you have provided on this thread, they are from Different sessions with different time stamps.

Thanks!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • cmoney87cmoney87 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same here, only reason my brother and I even bought this game was Co-Op to tide us over to Warhammer 3, and we can't start a co-op campaign...
    edited September 2021
    Hi,
    Here are the logs from our side. The user that has no name and causes the error is the one with the mp_log (1).txt
    So far I have gone through the log and it can be seen that at the minute: 18:23:43 . At that moment we have both clicked ready and nothing happened. There was no countdown.

Also, just to make sure, we are both playing on Epic. I mention this because I have seen some steam stuff mentioned on the log.

Thanks and good luck finding the issue!
    Here are the logs of me and my friend, joined tried to start also no countdown and then got out and closed the game so the record should be the last one.
    Here are my logs and my friend's, I already sent these in the ticket I have with Sega but no response. They are from 18th of September btw.
    Did they fix it yet ?
    I haven't tried recently but since they still have to say something about the last logs I don't think so.
    Hello all,

Thanks for the patience and the provided logs. We weren't able to reproduce your issue internally, but all the information has been sent to the dev team for further investigation.

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

Hello all,

Could you provide us with information about the firewall and other third party software you might be using?

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

• SomeDeathSomeDeath Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited October 2021
    3 months still not fixed,too many people have this problem and still haven't found a solution to it. everything was normal 3 months ago until dlc came. i think nobody try to fix that.
    What information are you looking for exactly in regards to the firewall and third party software?

I've already been asked in a ticket to make sure the game is allowed through my firewall and it was and I even deleted and re-added it, and I don't have any other third party software. Would also be nice if at the very least I would get a response back in my ticket. The last response was about a month ago and there has been no progress with the issue from what I can tell. From my perspective it just looks like you don't care at this point and there isn't even anyone working on the issue. I've found instances of people talking about this exact issue from a year ago, 1 whole year passed and nothing changed other than the fact that it seems a lot more people have the issue now, or at least more people are reporting it.
  • SomeDeathSomeDeath Registered Users Posts: 4
    other games have the same problem and still couldn't fix it like warhammer 2, there is no program on my computer that will break any game.
  • AstragotAstragot Registered Users Posts: 8
    It is a pity that this problem has not yet been resolved, although a lot of time has passed, such a feeling that they just do not care and they do not want to fool their heads with this problem, although more and more people are complaining about it.