Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Silence and the Fury - Is this a metaphor ?

zagumaarzagumaar Registered Users Posts: 83
I didn't think about it before, was this title a metaphor about the months to come ?

The Silence = CA, who will not give any news on wh3 before long, who will not publish a patch for the mess that came with the last DLC.

The fury = Us, the fan that just get mad because of the behaviour of this company.

I hope i'm wrong :)

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,665
    They did say they were aiming to come back to TWW3 in September. If the last DLC was bad and in need of a patch it should get one asap though. I only played it long enought to finish the three campaigns and didn’t notice anything myself.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 1,208
    They literally made the same joke themselves. https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-september-news/

I wish everyone would stop freaking out, it's starting to get embarrassing.
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,228
    GBone said:

They literally made the same joke themselves. https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-september-news/

I wish everyone would stop freaking out, it's starting to get embarrassing.

you mean their marketing strategy ;)

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• zagumaarzagumaar Registered Users Posts: 83
    RikRiorik said:

They did say they were aiming to come back to TWW3 in September. If the last DLC was bad and in need of a patch it should get one asap though. I only played it long enought to finish the three campaigns and didn’t notice anything myself.

There's the tuskgor chariot bug, skink oracle bug, cavalry getting rekt on the charge by infantry (thus not a bug but something very annoying) and there's a few minor things here and there.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,887
    1. They said TWW#3 news come back September. I know that a lot of morons and trolls think that mean 0:01am September first, but every single person worth making coherent thoughts could estimate that September is a 30 day month. And we usually do not get news ion the weekends, more like Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.
    2. Last week on September 2, we had Troy release which meant that week was kinda out of the equation anyway. Could still apply to this week since they still want to hype aroudn Troy while it is fresh.
    3. So while we look forward for the rest of the month, with DAILY topics from the usual names about "Why no news??", since that will surely help if your only goal is to farm some virtual karma, there is not much that we can do to speed up CAs marketing strategy. And quite frankly, I am still underwhelmed how they handled Kislev/Khorne with stretiching weeks of nothingness. So I really don't know why people are sitting on hot coals and want news yesterday. I would bet there is a 70% chance you will just get disapointed after the initial bombshell and we are back to lacking meaningful news in the weeks after.
    4. Regarding the patch: In the past it usually took roughly a month after DLC to add a patch and fix whatever they **** up. Silence&Fury was released July 14. Now just be a human being in a first world country, and expect a three week summer vacation hiatus end of July/August. Yes, that is a real thing. And now add the roughly 1 to 1,5 month patch time and 3 weeks summer vacation together, and look up in your calendar when you might reasonably expect a patch.
    5. Besides a certain cav related topic, I have to say the current state of the game is also not that bad. Remember the time with Shadow&Blade and the general strength bug for everyone? THAT was pretty bad, and in a December vacation time where we also waited forever to CA fixing that. So with currently no "hotfix needed" emergency bugs, CA might also take their sweet time with this patch. Since it could quite frankly be the last patch the game will ever recive. Maybe they also want to unload some last QoL changes as the final goodbye, so taking some extra time might be fine.
    RikRiorik said:

The cav bug would come to mind.

-----Red Dox
  • littlenukelittlenuke Registered Users Posts: 855
    There are so many bugs the multiplayer scene is dead. To name a few Broken chariots, double magic missiles, Broken AoEs on spell and so many smaller bugs eg. Rune of breaking doesnt give its effects if a unit already has an attack effect.
    Karaz-A-Karak discord: https://discord.gg/UZV6F5N

• littlenukelittlenuke Registered Users Posts: 855
    Skink Oracle double shot and troglodon double hit bug
    Karaz-A-Karak discord: https://discord.gg/UZV6F5N

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,727
    I’m not mad, why would you be, they told you news in September?
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • zagumaarzagumaar Registered Users Posts: 83

I’m not mad, why would you be, they told you news in September?

I'm not mad ether, not yet at least.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Red_Dox said:

<
    Besides a certain cav related topic, I have to say the current state of the game is also not that bad. Remember the time with Shadow&Blade and the general strength bug for everyone? THAT was pretty bad, and in a December vacation time where we also waited forever to CA fixing that. So with currently no "hotfix needed" emergency bugs, CA might also take their sweet time with this patch. Since it could quite frankly be the last patch the game will ever recive. Maybe they also want to unload some last QoL changes as the final goodbye, so taking some extra time might be fine.

No, MP right now is dying not because of cav related issues no matter how much certain players like to play them up, but because chariots are completely broken and obliterate any unit they touch in seconds thanks to borked up hit and hurt boxes. So anytime you play with or against a faction with chariots, you have to come to a gentleman's agreement first to not use those units and you won't get that at least half the time and the result is a crappy and unenjoyable battle.

That was pointed out to CA weeks before the DLC dropped, they chose to do nothing about it anyway.