Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is interest in TWW waning?

Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,336
edited September 9 in Total War General Chat
We’ve had no news for YouTubers to discuss for absolutely ages. Combine this with the game having been out for a long time now and the current state of the game being riddled with bugs… people seem to be tiring of game 2.

Legend of total war is now streaming Skyrim instead.

Maybe interest will pick up again with news on the horizon.

How are others finding their interest in the game?
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,351
    This is the usual when there eis nothing new to talk about, the alternative is to talk ad nauseam about the same things
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 662
    We need some news at this point, which hopefully we'll get today. Its detrimental to make the community wait any longer.
  • SkipconSkipcon Registered Users Posts: 30
    The marketing is killing hype I believe, they should have announced it three months later and had the train going till release, rather than leave long gaps that kills the hype
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,336
    Skipcon said:

The marketing is killing hype I believe, they should have announced it three months later and had the train going till release, rather than leave long gaps that kills the hype

I think they planned on releasing game 3 in 2021 when they started the hype… I think now they’ve realised that won’t happen, they’re waiting till they’re confident they know the release date and we’ll get continuous hype till release…. But that’s a whole different discussion
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,820
    Well yes, there is nothing new to talk about, nor in WH2 or in WH3, and Beastmen are too easy right now to be replayable, not to mention the bugs.

Although, the interest in TWWH might wanes, but that's nothing compared to the flop Troy is getting right now, despite focused marketing !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,430
    This is getting silly.

Do you lads and laddettes not play other games?
    I'm currently also not playing TWWH often, only when one of my co-op buddies has time, but I'm still interested in game 3.
    I'm just patiently waiting.

Steam is vomiting more fun games onto sales than I could work with and my Switch is keeping me endlessly entertained.

CA is not your coke-daddy.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,248
    MrDragon said:

Sadly CA currently holds a monopoly on WHFB-based strategy games.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,351
    SerPus said:

MrDragon said:

Sadly CA currently holds a monopoly on WHFB-based strategy games.
    I'm currently paying the Dark Souls trilogy and oh boy, the stress is real.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,336
    MrDragon said:

This is getting silly.

I'm currently also not playing TWWH often, only when one of my co-op buddies has time, but I'm still interested in game 3.
    I'm just patiently waiting.

Steam is vomiting more fun games onto sales than I could work with and my Switch is keeping me endlessly entertained.

CA is not your coke-daddy.

So the original question is interest in TWW waning?… in short, your answer is yes
    SerPus said:

MrDragon said:

Sadly CA currently holds a monopoly on decent WHFB-based strategy games.
    Fixed that for you.
    There are others out there but most of them are pretty darn ****.

But you only want to play WHFB strategy games?

I dunno between Dark Souls 1 and 3, Monster Hunter World, Warcraft III (build 26b, the last stable version before Reforged), Command and Conquer Red Alert 2, Civ 6, Stellaris, Endless Legend etc etc, I just play a lot of games.

Maybe I'm not hardcore fan enough, maybe that's why this news drought really has me not that bothered.
    MrDragon said:

What other strategy WHFB games were made recently?
    MrDragon said:

When you wait for something for 15 years it becomes more than just a game.
    SerPus said:

MrDragon said:

What other strategy WHFB games were made recently?
    MrDragon said:

When you wait for something for 15 years it becomes more than just a game.
    Recently? Not a clue if there are any, but that wasn't a specification I made to be fair.

As for the "more than just a game" part, I guess I indeed am not hardcore fan enough to relate to this issue then.
    MrDragon said:

Recently? Not a clue if there are any, but that wasn't a specification I made to be fair.

That's why I said 'currently', since no one else is making such games. Mark of Chaos was released in 2006.
    MrDragon said:

As for the "more than just a game" part, I guess I indeed am not hardcore fan enough to relate to this issue then.

Yes, that's probably the case.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,795
    I’ve been tiring since it was confirmed there would be no new races and no Araby. So when was that? After the release of The Prophet and the Warlord? Though I did play a lot up until and a bit after The Hunter and the Beast. So two years or so.

I still return periodically and enjoy a playthrough or two but the last two DLCs have really not seen me play much more than just the assorted campaigns.

If TWW2 had had faster release times and a shorter lifecycle I think that in and of itself would have kept me more in the hype for TWW3. But it didn’t and then once information started coming out for TWW3 it followed the same slowness of TWW2s entire lifecycle.

I habe found it really hard to maintain enthusiasm under these circumstances and I’m a Warhammer junkie in pretty much all it’s forms.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 981
    RikRiorik said:

I’ve been tiring since it was confirmed there would be no new races and no Araby. So when was that? After the release of The Prophet and the Warlord? Though I did play a lot up until and a bit after The Hunter and the Beast. So two years or so.

I still return periodically and enjoy a playthrough or two but the last two DLCs have really not seen me play much more than just the assorted campaigns.

If TWW2 had had faster release times and a shorter lifecycle I think that in and of itself would have kept me more in the hype for TWW3. But it didn’t and then once information started coming out for TWW3 it followed the same slowness of TWW2s entire lifecycle.

I habe found it really hard to maintain enthusiasm under these circumstances and I’m a Warhammer junkie in pretty much all it’s forms.

The problem with the long lifespan is that expectations grew.
    WH3 won't bring in enough changes to actually justify that long development time. Unless Sieges actually become extremely super fun, yet from what we have seen of WH3, that won't be the case. In fact, i believe the Sieges will be barely better than the ones we have rn.
    Diplomacy Rework will most likely just be able to trade Regions, which is cool, but thats possible with mods since TWW1.
    And the campaign map, even tho a lot of people are super interested in it, i am not. Its a map, its not gonna look awful, but it won't be the biggest thing when it comes to that Game.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,618
    Theo91 said:

We’ve had no news for YouTubers to discuss for absolutely ages. Combine this with the game having been out for a long time now and the current state of the game being riddled with bugs… people seem to be tiring of game 2.

Uh, yes ?

That tends to happen if you didn t get new content for a long time?
  • 6nieve66nieve6 Registered Users Posts: 405
    I'm really angry right now. The amount of crap marketing CA is doing is off the charts

At the same time I know I'm going to buy everything from them because it is the only chance to enjoy a warhammer fantasy game.

They know it too
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,087
    No

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,047
    Theo91 said:

Playing Pathfinder : Wrath of the righteous and enjoying the heck out of it, waiting for humble bundle today to see what goodies I get ( bought a year pack), waiting for a Bannerlord discount to buy it (love what the mods are adding on warband, so Bannerlord will be even better) and also enjoying The dev diary 72 for Holding Court (CK3) https://www.crusaderkings.com/en/pc/news/dev-diary-72-holding-court-at-court-in-the-royal-court-in-a-courtly-fashion?utm_source=stcom-owned&utm_medium=social-owned&utm_content=post&utm_campaign=crki3_ck_20210907_cawe_dd.

Yeah, life is good.

Oh you meant Warhammer Total War. Yeah no.

• AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,867
    kinda, because CA's marketing with Wh3 is pure BS
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,709
    Yes, a little, but it was always to be expected.

The game has been out five years, and the most popular races are already released. Going to be some wastage on that basis alone.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,927
    Theo91 said:

Next to not existing right now.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 3,867
    edited September 7
    I expect it will pick back up around WH3 release.

CA should be aware though that the video game community is fickle with a short attention span and as my cuban god/grandmother often says "Tu no eras la última coca-cola."
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • steam_163135713382gsXFcdRsteam_163135713382gsXFcdR Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    Most people have other interests and don't play one game exclusively for 5 years straight. Actually it's a bit pathological to do that. Normal people get bored doing the same thing over and over again for years.

Just because I'll easily take a break from the game where I don't touch it all for half a year, doesn't mean that I will not be interested anymore when the next game in the series does actually come out.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,028
    1. Let's see the peak and average player counts for WH2 are both substantially higher than a year ago.

2. We have people angry about the amount of news received about WH2. No one get's angry over something they are not interested in.

3. We have low intelligence idiots giving marketing advice in multiple threads.

Seems like the level of interest in Warhammer Total War is at normal or above average levels. It will go off the charts once news starts hitting.
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 461
    Maelas said:

Well yes, there is nothing new to talk about, nor in WH2 or in WH3, and Beastmen are too easy right now to be replayable, not to mention the bugs.

Although, the interest in TWWH might wanes, but that's nothing compared to the flop Troy is getting right now, despite focused marketing !

What's happening with Troy?
    Just as planned

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,820

Maelas said:

Nothing specifically, just that their release week barely scraped 4k concurrent players, which is less than even 3K by a sizeable margin !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,057
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Nothing specifically, just that their release week barely scraped 4k concurrent players, which is less than even 3K by a sizeable margin !
    yes cause it being free on Epic Store last year has nothing to do with that :P
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,897
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Because there's really no reason to buy it for Steam when you can have the same content on EGS and that's where its core playerbase is located? I mean I won't bother buying it for Steam just out of tribal allegiance for the Newell cult.