Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Quest item quests need a rework to be less specific. Especially the older ones.

Cosmic_LichCosmic_Lich Registered Users Posts: 218
Some of the older quests have a trend of issues that can lock an item away from you for the rest of the campaign. One character this affects the most is Grombrindal. He has several quests where you need to send an agent all across the old world which is fine enough. The issue arises when he needs to beat 2 Greenskin armies after you have finished them off if you pick Thorgrim as your starting LL. Or when you need to beat 2 Norscan armies which are so far away and possibly already stomped on by Bretonnia and/or the Empire. This issue affects Vlad to a lesser extent when he needs to capture that settlement north of Sylvania when Mannfred or Drycha took it. You're then forced to wait for something to happen like a confederation, the owner losing the settlement, or you just need to declare war on Drycha.

There are many quests from the older faction LLs that need a simple rework. I don't want them to be easier, I just don't want them to either take too many turns to complete or just impossible due of circumstance.

Some people would suggest using the Instant quest item/battle mod to circumvent this issue, but then I run into the issue that when I play Bretonnia that half of the items only have one quest and no battle. So when I reach the level the item is lost to the void from a buggy mod that's never updated.

Comments

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,167
    I'm pretty sure CA fixed Quest Battles some time ago so when one of the conditions of a step is impossible it simply cancels that step and goes directly to the next one.
  • Cosmic_LichCosmic_Lich Registered Users Posts: 218

I'm pretty sure CA fixed Quest Battles some time ago so when one of the conditions of a step is impossible it simply cancels that step and goes directly to the next one.

So the examples I gave was Vlad needing to wait to capture a settlement if he doesn't go after it immediately and Grombrindal needing to fight greenskins and Norscans who are prone to extinction. You end up needing to travel across the entire map just to fight a specific race a couple of times.
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Registered Users Posts: 1,077

When it becomes completely impossible, yeah.

When it's merely deeply inconvenient due to circumstances like most of the Dwarf ones being impossible to do commit time to whilst you're inevitably ass deep in rats because they were designed for a game where those rats didn't exist, not so much.

The game 1 factions' quest battles are way more inconvenient and have more outright negative things (like the one for Ghal Maraz where it just confiscates 5000 gold in one step).
  • epic_162578572945FgdWSzpepic_162578572945FgdWSzp Registered Users Posts: 135
    Grudges can sometimes suffer the same problem. Recently as belegar I killed sartosa and they had a random lord raiding still before promptly dying off but before they did I got a stupid grudge to raid vampire coast. So I had to make a lord ship him off to galleons graveyard and raid noctilus for a turn. It doesn't make any sense for most of the grudges to not be tied to the factions that commits the offence