Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Potential Rework Idea for Sigvald.

Laytenb2122Laytenb2122 Registered Users Posts: 20
This is just a small idea I had while thinking about Chaos. We know that WOC is getting a rework for Game 3 which should make them fun to play, but we do not know the specifics of the rework. It is likely that there will be the usual things in a rework such as new starting positions, the LLs being separated into their own factions, etc. However, a core issue for this race is the roster which lags behind nearly every other race. Its unlikely that the rework would give all-new units for WOC (barring a Lord Pack that comes out alongside the rework) but a potential work-around could be found.

Case in point: Sigvald. Sigvald is dedicated to Slaanesh so it would make sense that he would have access to a small selection of Slaaneshi daemons for his faction such as Daemonettes. It would be similar to Allarielle's faction where she was a HE lord but had access to a few WE units like Dryads and Tree Kin. If Sigvald had a similar system and the right units were chosen, he would be fun and different but would still be balanced enough to where he couldn't steamroll the map super quickly. Hell, any other WOC Lords that are added through potential DLC could have access to a few daemon units, such as Valkia being able to field some of Khorne's daemons. This would not only fit thematically with WOC but also help boost their roster and make them a bit more viable.

Comments

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,164
    For the favourite son of Slaneesh to not get full access to the entire Slaneesh roster and not be added to the proper Slaneesh race, would be Aranessa all over again, and I despise her implementation.

The entire reason we have MonoGods and not DoC is so we can have 4 separate races that mix Mortals, Daemons and BM aligned to a god, all the aligned characters should be in their proper races, like Valkia, what is even the point of having MonoGods if you only have Daemon LL?

WoC have enough units for a DLC, maybe 2 if CA digs deep enough and they don't lack big named characters to be added either, with people like Crom, Engra, Harald or Mordrek, so they don't need to borrow from the MonoGods in any way.
  • NyumusNyumus Registered Users Posts: 278

For the favourite son of Slaneesh to not get full access to the entire Slaneesh roster and not be added to the proper Slaneesh race, would be Aranessa all over again, and I despise her implementation.

The entire reason we have MonoGods and not DoC is so we can have 4 separate races that mix Mortals, Daemons and BM aligned to a god, all the aligned characters should be in their proper races, like Valkia, what is even the point of having MonoGods if you only have Daemon LL?

WoC have enough units for a DLC, maybe 2 if CA digs deep enough and they don't lack big named characters to be added either, with people like Crom, Engra, Harald or Mordrek, so they don't need to borrow from the MonoGods in any way.

I agree with You. We just need to see How CA will do the WoC changes. Because, in my opinion, there is two ways of.doing it and still make it cool and fun to play:
    -Remove Sigvald and Sarthorael from WoC. Make them part of their respectiv Monogod (Slannesh and Tzentch, respectivelly) and add someone else on WoC to take their place, someone more to the undivided side, like Archaon and Kholek.

Or

-Add more LL to WoC alligned with the other remaining gods (like Valkya for Khorne, Festus for Nurgle, and Eggrim for Tzentch). Still move Sarthorael to Tzentch DoC. Give each WoC specific alligned God a fraction of their demonic units to supplement their army.
  • epic_162578572945FgdWSzpepic_162578572945FgdWSzp Registered Users Posts: 135
    personally i think the best way to do woc would be to have them raze cities to honor the different gods (like norsca) which unlock limited portions of their roster and some other buffs