Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

ClosedThe last update make the game to "re-install" completely

ScorpinScorpin Registered Users Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Performance & Graphics
Hi, this happens when I'm updating the last patch. I post it here because I don't see any section for issues about the install process. It's normal...? I think it's not taking more space in the drive than before the patch, but.. it's a bit strange and take some time. I add a screenshot. Thank you.

Edit: Ok, now it finished I see that YES, needed a lot of extra space for that, exactly the same than the installation itself, so... another 60 GBs to do the process... I think it's a bug, but if not, it's a big problem to update aproximately just 300mb to anyone with space problems in their drives...
Post edited by CHARLOTTEB_CA on

Comments

• CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,378
    Hi Scorpin,

The Steam update process requires there to be more space than required for the update to download - So it's always worth having a little more space available on the drive being used when updating!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • ScorpinScorpin Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm sorry for the late response, but I didn't remember this was here.

I know it's normal a bit more of space, but in this case the game needed exactly the total space of the actual game (60 GBs right now) to install a 300 MBs update... Have no sense for me to need double the actual space to get an update, ANY update... I think it's a bug, so I ask you to treat it like that, please. Thank you.

Greetings.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file