Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Release Window Update

Comments

• duglandtotoduglandtoto Registered Users Posts: 443
    kevManiac said:

Thanks for the headsup. Was to be expected, and I don't mind a delay of a few months.

Also, Cathay reveal tomorrow! Hype!

I mind. Because it has been 4 years since WH2. I mind because they said 2021 to us and they have waited two months just to tell us it's gonna be delayed. I mind because They said 2021 knowing they couldn't meet the deadline, but said it anyway for their investors and shareholders. Yes I DO mind.
  • Pappa_FraPappa_Fra Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 288
    If the game isn't ready then its the right decision irrespective of how disappointed people (me included) are.

Also it was pretty obvious to most sensible people that it wasn't going to come out this year, based on what we had seen up to this point, so is no great surprise.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    I'm all fine with the delay, the game needs the time it'll need to be in an acceptable state. No Rome 2 launch, thanks you.

I do hope, however, that we're not back to 5 weeks for 2 races of drip-feed, and breaks all throughout !
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 614
    Expected this but yeah give it all the polish you can give it.

• SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 1,472
    Better a well made game than a rushed and bugged one, time to wait a bit.
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,649
    I had a sense the schedule was a bit too tight since the Pre-order hasn't been revealed yet either. Now expecting
    Pre-order reveal Nov-Dec. and WH3 release around March 2022

Well look forward to the Cathay reveal tomorrow with great anticipation and dread in equal measure. Fingers crossed it's not too far from how I imagined the faction.
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,813

God i really hope the Cathay reveals are interesting; because this has to be one of the most impressively botched pre-release campaigns in the history of video gaming...

"John Romero's About To Make You His ****" is my favourite, but this one is good too.
    Observe the power of the edgy internet axegrinders and how quickly some have changed their tune- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/300358/what-would-make-you-buy-the-game/p1

Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

• Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 2,020
    Delayed just as I expected.... Also yayyyy Cathay reveal tomorrow that's awesome!!!!
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,374
    edited September 2021
    Honestly not surprised at all. Was actually expecting this. Game was supposed to come out in like a couple of months time theoretically, and we still had no official day of release.
    It was waaay too suspicious.

Can't wait for Cathay tomorrow though.
  • ravezaarravezaar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 272
    no Excuses to **** up Siege Battles now then
  • avvveavvve Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 456
    Incredible how long it took them to figure out this..

After so many "Soon"'s back in spring and then delaying the whole marketing in July. Just to come back with another delay, jikes...

Is CA becoming the the next Blizzard?
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,631

kevManiac said:

Thanks for the headsup. Was to be expected, and I don't mind a delay of a few months.

Also, Cathay reveal tomorrow! Hype!

I mind. Because it has been 4 years since WH2. I mind because they said 2021 to us and they have waited two months just to tell us it's gonna be delayed. I mind because They said 2021 knowing they couldn't meet the deadline, but said it anyway for their investors and shareholders. Yes I DO mind.
    And you know all this stuff how? Did your magic crystal showed it to you?

I don't know if you have noticed, but we are still in the middle of a global pandemic, with developers having to work from home, the entire reason they only gave us the "late 2021" date instead of a more conrete thing, is because it wasn't sure to begging with.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,048
    Tuesday newsday it is
  • Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANRegistered Users Posts: 708
    Idk why CA needs extra time while they have had time since 2019 (at least!). Remember that they have had separate team working on this game. WH2 was made in 1 year! WH3 is 30-40% similar to WH2 in many parts; unless many things are going to be changed in the game including new ME map from scratch! I think 2022 is too late for a 2016 core game! Anyway, have you noticed we haven’t any new total war title released in 2021?☹️
    I hope to see Medieval 3 in 2022 too.
    Total War player until my last day!
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,332
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,399
    thing is at this stage they cant confirm the 2022 date neither.

*Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,167
    to early 20222 . . . like "very soon" and "soon" (6-7+ months)?
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,446
    I'm genuinely curious at this point whether CA is going to go a full 12 months before we see the pre-order.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,500

Well they're not going to take the risk of announcing a release date unless they can be sure it's the right one.

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,803

I'm genuinely curious at this point whether CA is going to go a full 12 months before we see the pre-order.

I mean thanks god they say in the july post (they knew at this point to delay it)

that we get the pre order reveal as well.

But wouldn't be suprise.

• CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 1,026
    Everyone already knew CA couldn’t **** live up to the promised 2021 release. Pretty ridiculous the pre-release has been this much of a debacle by a triple a company.

But sure, “early” 2022, I’ll see you in May
  • duglandtotoduglandtoto Registered Users Posts: 443
    Ok CA, Here is the deal.

No hard feelings really.

But News everyday. Never quiet.

Yes Yes?

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,143

You don't really understand much on the release date side of things do you?

So why are you out of the salt mines?
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,399
    So I’m stuck with Silent and Fury untill may? no way we can get something for WH2?
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,050
    Yayyy!! Higher quality game! Longer franchise! Take your time.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,048

So I’m stuck with Silent and Fury untill may? no way we can get something for WH2?

There are faction mods you can try, like OVN Lost Factions.
  • ravezaarravezaar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 272
    reveal tomorrow or a 30s teaser of the trailer comming near Xmas? , well atleast its not Troy so I guess one can click on it
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    You do you boo, just make sure it's in a stellar state when we get it and I'm content.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,500

Yes you're totally stuck playing only Warhammer 2 until May 2024, suck it up.

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,351
    Poor old Simone.

We were all slating the appalling marketing when the poor bugger had nothing finished to work with or show us. No wonder we got oddly poor LL posters and unit spotlights that seemed half-finished.

Does explain a great deal, makes me wonder how long they've known.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.