Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Release Window Update

Comments

• LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    edited September 2021
    I expected that was going to happen. I just hope this game will be great at launch.

I'm just disappointed this mean another 6+ months without any new Warhammer content. I hope we will get at least another patch for Warhammer 2 with full playable Boris or new FLC legendary lord but I don't believe in a miracle.
    Post edited by Labria on
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 2,233
    not surprised in the slightest, CA killed the hype for this game awhile ago
  • GrbaGrba Registered Users Posts: 394
    Since there is a delay I hope that they will make some small changes to current rosters that are revealed.Like for example change the designs of Tzar Guard/Armoured Kossars,so that they aren't the same unit.

Anyway hyped for tomorrow.
  • kabilkabil Registered Users Posts: 13
    edited September 2021
    As recently game industry is regulate by someone,
    is it changed that future of WH3?
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,576
    Well, also it is worth noting that WH3 is suggested to have a very long lifecycle as it has "years of content" still after release.

I think we can expect to see a very long DLC window and lots of content will be added. Hopefully we will see a bit of campaign map tomorrow or at least sometime soon so we can see if Khuresh and Nippon might be included later on.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Awesome I’d rather a great game than a rushed piece of rubbish AKA Cyberpunk.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • ujopujop Registered Users Posts: 144
    If the game needs more development time the delay is ok from my point of view.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 730
    we shall see, even a new release date wont mean that the games launch will be polished.
    just give me content in form of trailers / news / blogs / etc. to keep me occupied.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,230

I'm genuinely curious at this point whether CA is going to go a full 12 months before we see the pre-order.

Nah. I think the pre-order will be matched with one of the gods in either October or November. So we'll find out about it this year, at least.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,684
    Early 2022 as in January or May??
  • DragonbroodlingsDragonbroodlings Registered Users Posts: 231
    edited September 2021
    Arsenic said:

Poor old Simone.

We were all slating the appalling marketing when the poor bugger had nothing finished to work with or show us. No wonder we got oddly poor LL posters and unit spotlights that seemed half-finished.

Does explain a great deal, makes me wonder how long they've known.

Yeah, the marketing makes complete sense now. And the unit roster revealed makes more sense too. They didn't show gameplay for quite a few of those units. I mean, they haven't shown much gameplay at all. And they still haven't given a specific release date. That's another important piece to this puzzle. No one at this point should take their "promise" at face value here.

Too many "soons" that turn into half year+ waits. No one should defend big companies. Companies are not your friends.

Overall, the product that they put out is decent to great, but they suck at marketing so much. I've never lost this much desire to play a game that should have been an instant buy. I've got other games coming out later this year and early next, so I'll probably wait till WH3 goes on sale at this point. I only have so much time to dedicate to hobbies.
    Post edited by Grom_the_Paunch on
  • TdchristmasTdchristmas Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 45
    I love 95% of the TW games and have since the first TWS all the way back in the day but I've got to ask this and its a real question.

You announce in Feb this year the game would be coming out at the end of the year. It's now been 7 months and you've only just announced that it won't be coming out this year so;

When you announced in Feb that the game was coming out you must have known what stage the product was at yes?

Given you have released numerous products previously and being a decent business you should also have known what else needed doing and how long those things would take yes? Covid can't be a factor in this as people could have returned to the office if needed or carried on working from home and you would have / should have taken this into account when making the announcement.

So why and how has it taken CA 7 months to go 'oh it won't be ready'? If the above is true, which is should be otherwise you are saying you had no idea and where just blagging it, you must have known ages ago.

If you've suddenly decided to add in loads more features (which is very unlikely) or changed / added things from when you looked at the project in Jan / Feb this could half be explained but no one believes that's the case so what is it?

You've hyped up the game for a launch, taken x pre orders and now just slapped fans in the face.

Clearly you didn't want to delay it, but what has happened between Jan/Feb and July/Aug/Sep to push the game back by X months that you didn't or couldn't see coming when you said it was coming out?

Honestly I'm just looking for a real and full answer but I'm sure all we will get is half assed ones. Which just shows you don't respect your fans or customer enough to tell us the trust. You'd get so many better posts and loyalty from doing so then hiding or lying about it.

• PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,967
    Crajoh said:

I'm still waiting for Baldur's Gate 3 to finish.
    No, i also dislike Garth Ennis. He is very juvenile and raunchy, and some of his statements are utterly ridiculous, like Captain America being offensive to WWII veterans when his co-creator, Jack Kirby, served in the war and soldiers liked his stories.

If you think using your abilities to help and inspire people is childish, then i feel sorry for you.
  • darkgaia01darkgaia01 Registered Users Posts: 422
    wow 4 years in development then delayed why even bother to announce the game back in feb if we weren't getting it for another year should have just ketped your mouths shut till it was actually ready
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,550

Crajoh said:

BG3? I've been waiting for Bannerlord for 8 years and the game despite being in early access has shown no signs of being complete any time soon a year later.
  • DerPhonixDerPhonix Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 589
    Does that mean we can get another WH2 DLC?
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    Good for them. And, in the end, good for us.
    DerPhonix said:

Does that mean we can get another WH2 DLC?

I hope it's a Vampire Counts update.
    No, i also dislike Garth Ennis. He is very juvenile and raunchy, and some of his statements are utterly ridiculous, like Captain America being offensive to WWII veterans when his co-creator, Jack Kirby, served in the war and soldiers liked his stories.

If you think using your abilities to help and inspire people is childish, then i feel sorry for you.

Crajoh said:

BG3? I've been waiting for Bannerlord for 8 years and the game despite being in early access has shown no signs of being complete any time soon a year later.
    I'm a D&D guy. And i've been waiting for a good 5e D&D videogame since 2014.

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,025
    Arsenic said:

Poor old Simone.

We were all slating the appalling marketing when the poor bugger had nothing finished to work with or show us. No wonder we got oddly poor LL posters and unit spotlights that seemed half-finished.

Does explain a great deal, makes me wonder how long they've known.

Yeah... it's honestly quite telling. Explains why they put red Chaos Warhounds instead of Fleshhounds in all the trailers as well.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,126

Laughing at all the youtube shills releasing videos at the same minute the news went up about the delay. The early videos this month about a delay were obvious damage control to soften the blow.
    CA loves to control their narrative with these spineless youtubers that are unpaid marketers at this point.

If true, and I think it is true, then the marketing team is doing quite a good job. Sure, as a customer I abhor the practice, but I must admit, it's beautiful how CA seems to have content creators in its pocket. Peak Eataine.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

Erathil said:

Good for them. And, in the end, good for us.

At least the units won't be half-finished.

• XyphaXypha Brussels (Belgium)Registered Users Posts: 327
    I hope Early is not a synonym to very soon for CA. :|
    Early 2022 is February for me.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,724
    This also means more time until we get Mortal Empires for WH3. The real mvp mode.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 13,275

Crajoh said:

I'm a D&D guy. And i've been waiting for a good 5e D&D videogame since 2014.
    Ew, 5 ed.

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,930
    Take your time CA.

Hope it is April/May at least. More time to squeeze and develop the game, the better.
  • SebaWKSSebaWKS Registered Users Posts: 16
    I rather be dissapointed from waiting then being dissapointed from unfinished, rushed game. Come on guys, nobody want Cyberpunk 2077 release history again.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 932
    Earlier in the year I speculated that we’d see a release toward the end of October into mid-November, but it had become obvious when they announced in mid-July that there’d be no more news until September that that was unlikely. So not unexpected really.

Have not been overly enthusiastic about Grand Cathay, but am looking forward to seeing its reveal tomorrow.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANRegistered Users Posts: 703

wow 4 years in development then delayed why even bother to announce the game back in feb if we weren't getting it for another year should have just ketped your mouths shut till it was actually ready

Exactly! Idk what aspects of this game need 3 years of development while WH2 was made in 1 year (1.5 including ME). CA for god’s sake remake the ME without any omitted regions!!! Currently ME isn’t a WH1&WH2 true map! Idk why they don’t use Empire solution!!!

Total War player until my last day!
  • Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANRegistered Users Posts: 703
    Xypha said:

I hope Early is not a synonym to very soon for CA. :|
    Early 2022 is February for me.

Actually it is 😂
    And ME will come mid 2022 and Medieval 3 for 2023 😐
    Total War player until my last day!