Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Release Window Update

Comments

• Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANRegistered Users Posts: 708

Erathil said:

Good for them. And, in the end, good for us.

At least the units won't be half-finished.
    Rosters are already unfinished.
    Total War player until my last day!
  • Nico_NINico_NI Registered Users Posts: 444
    Well, if it means we'll get a better and more polished game, it's ok!

Now give me a Bretonnian DLC!!
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,444
    cool, cool cool cool

Make great game CA, but pls keep us updated, cheers
    BsFG dwarf
  • master_phen_xmaster_phen_x Registered Users Posts: 180
    I am 100% behind CA's decision.
    TWW3 needs AAA quality and finition,
    Delay as much as necessary,
  • GenHuxGenHux Registered Users Posts: 2

Well that reminds me of something.
  • MeanSonOfAGunMeanSonOfAGun Registered Users Posts: 476
    So you mean "Fantasy TTW interested players is hereby given the chance to fully experience the newly introduced Mythos mode for Troy"?
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,036
    Well, some people here are expecting this, but take your time and finish your game

BTW you shouldn't put a game for preorder before you have a release date
    We Live in a Society.

• PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,047
    Neodeinos said:

Crajoh said:

Awesome I’d rather a great game than a rushed piece of rubbish AKA Cyberpunk.

I'm still waiting for Baldur's Gate 3 to finish.
    BG3? I've been waiting for Bannerlord for 8 years and the game despite being in early access has shown no signs of being complete any time soon a year later.
    I'm a D&D guy. And i've been waiting for a good 5e D&D videogame since 2014.
    Ew, 5 ed.
    5th edition redeemed D&D after the mess of 4e.

Change my mind.
  • GloriousKevGloriousKev Registered Users Posts: 2
    As long as it works fully on day one and is feature rich you could delay it by a year and I would happily wait.
  • OtjenynOtjenyn Registered Users Posts: 282
    edited September 2021
    This is no surprise ai? We knew this was comming for a long time. The thing tho I am mostly frustrated is that TW WH2 is very buggy. And that we now have a postponed WH3, and a buggy WH2, so neither is really fun to play. So I do hope we don't have to wait another 4 months for another bugfix patch, and I mean a real one with the patch adressing long time bugs for WH2, because its even gonna take longer for immortal empires....
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,142
    edited September 2021
    Appreciate the update. Think most of us figured early 2022 would be the final release window.

Excited for Cathay!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANRegistered Users Posts: 708
    I think The main reason of these types of delays is Saga series which keep CA busy. CA could have easily put attention on making a main game per 2 years and support each with a bunch of DLCs instead of making games like Troy. They could have put Saga team on preparing main games for consoles instead. With Saga series, as a result, we see a 2022 release window for a 2016 core game! The God knows when we would see Medieval 3 and Empire 2!!
    Total War player until my last day!
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,284

Neodeinos said:

Crajoh said:

Awesome I’d rather a great game than a rushed piece of rubbish AKA Cyberpunk.

I'm still waiting for Baldur's Gate 3 to finish.
    BG3? I've been waiting for Bannerlord for 8 years and the game despite being in early access has shown no signs of being complete any time soon a year later.
    I'm a D&D guy. And i've been waiting for a good 5e D&D videogame since 2014.
    Ew, 5 ed.
    5th edition redeemed D&D after the mess of 4e.

Change my mind.
    Well, anything is better than 4e.

• dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 3,137
    edited September 2021
    Not a problem, was expecting it anyway and would rather have it right.

Please keep us in the loop for anything further.

Would also really appreciate some updates about how long after launch we should be looking at for the combined campaign launch and if we will know details about the scope of it prior to the game's release.

Also, kudos on getting the bad out of the way and then looking at the good. And remember to keep doing the same please; if you think there's a part of a roster that will disappoint some people, make it known early so we're excited by what we do see.

Appreciate this one, thanks.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,259

So you mean "Fantasy TTW interested players is hereby given the chance to fully experience the newly introduced Mythos mode for Troy"?

where is my steam code?
  • Dragonsteel82Dragonsteel82 Registered Users Posts: 221
    Now I can have more time for computer part pricing to normalize for my new PC build for Warhammer 3.
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 343
    Take all the time you need CA. We want an epic conclusion to this series.
  • vonfoxfirevonfoxfire Registered Users Posts: 828
    edited September 2021
    No surprises here , the game was clearly unready for sale.
    Though this just adds more fuel to my suspicions that they had only just started working on TWW3 last year to late 2019.
    Which certainly would be disappointing to think TWW3 would be put on the back burner for so long.
  • FerdiadLivesFerdiadLives Registered Users Posts: 203
  • QinshiQinshi Registered Users Posts: 251
    THANK GOD, they postponed the release date

I'm pleased by this.
    Remember the rush/bad release from Rome 2. MY GOD what a total SHITSHOW that was.
    Untill this day you'll find Rome 2 vanilla release review video's on youtube, making a mock of the bad pathfinding/bad AI/capture points on a battlemap in the middle of nowhere, ...

And those video, untill this day get first hits when you look for a "Total War: Rome 2 review" video on youtube.
    If you dont look any further, and look at the massive amount of patches it has gotten, you would not buy this game.

Meanwhile the release video's review for Warhammer 1 and 2 are all 'praise and sunshine'. Further ensuring new people look this game up, buying the game.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,723
    To be expected, i'm not even mad... Khorne and other things they showed felt unfinished to me, so yea i did expect this.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,036

I think The main reason of these types of delays is Saga series which keep CA busy. CA could have easily put attention on making a main game per 2 years and support each with a bunch of DLCs instead of making games like Troy. They could have put Saga team on preparing main games for consoles instead. With Saga series, as a result, we see a 2022 release window for a 2016 core game! The God knows when we would see Medieval 3 and Empire 2!!

SAGA teams are differente teams, they work in another country.
    We Live in a Society.

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,142
    Qinshi said:

THANK GOD, they postponed the release date

I'm pleased by this.
    Remember the rush/bad release from Rome 2. MY GOD what a total SHITSHOW that was.
    Untill this day you'll find Rome 2 vanilla release review video's on youtube, making a mock of the bad pathfinding/bad AI/capture points on a battlemap in the middle of nowhere, ...

And those video, untill this day get first hits when you look for a "Total War: Rome 2 review" video on youtube.
    If you dont look any further, and look at the massive amount of patches it has gotten, you would not buy this game.

Meanwhile the release video's review for Warhammer 1 and 2 are all 'praise and sunshine'. Further ensuring new people look this game up, buying the game.

I agree with your premise on Rome 2's launch but too be fair, CA's games in the recent years have all had great launches. Think CA more then learned from their mistakes on that one.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,981
    That's alright, as long as you don't cancel it like you did Total War Three Kingdoms.

Yes... I'm going to keep bringing until you fix what you broke.... my heart... :(
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,903
    GenHux said:

Well that reminds me of something.

lol I bet all gaming publishers and developers utterly despise CDPR for making the consumer base hyper sensitive to delays
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,473
    This means more time to fix the remaining list of bugs in WH2, right?

Right???
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,576
    edited September 2021

lol I bet all gaming publishers and developers utterly despise CDPR for making the consumer base hyper sensitive to delays

Nah. They're thankful for CDPR for providing the the default format for the delay apology announcement that they all use now.

"Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • ViroshVirosh Registered Users Posts: 108
    That's OK really, I was more or less expecting the delay. And we know we'll be getting some reveals/info tomorrow, much appreciated!
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,114
    It was kind of obovious that it wouldn't come this year.
    And apparently not even trying to hide the date to prolong the development, they can no longer deliver in the year.

but delays don't mean that the game comes out better, or more polished, this game has development problems, and what has been shown so far is very weak.

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,242
    That is fine. Delays happen. And a good product is more important than a bad product earlier.

But work on your communication. This and other things should be on constant basis. Atleast monthly if not weekly. Your marketing is terrible. But your product is amazing so you can keep having the worst marketing and still do great (ofc you would do even better with proper communication).
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.