Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Araby is still in the plans!

2»

Comments

• Vin362#6699Vin362#6699 Registered Users Posts: 1,502
    I don't know if Araby is coming or not but what I do know is I wouldn't be making predication for Wh3 till after the big campaign map.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,002
    Great Book of Grudges is a complete clown who would sell his mother to a wandering circus in exchange for 10 views on one of his videos.

Sotek is not a moron usually, so I don't know why he's going along with this (I'm going by what OP wrote, I'm not watching 2 hours of chitter-chatter just to figure out the exact context of the conversation). Since CA has stated now explicitly at least twice that Araby is NOT happening, I'm not saying we can 100%, no matter what say it's not happening ever period, but spinning it as a "yeah, we think it's happening" is pretty disingenuous to say the least.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,740
    Araby lives in the combined map, you’ll see.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

OK, let's make a deal, if Araby doesn't show up in WH3, you ask for a permanent ban and for all of your threads and posts to get deleted because you are a false prophet and need to atone.

If it becomes playable in WH3, you also ask for a permanent ban and for all of your threads and posts to get deleted because that would make Araby's inclusion all that sweeter.
  • steam_164570733298OrFZuRwsteam_164570733298OrFZuRw Registered Users Posts: 111

Great Book of Grudges is a complete clown who would sell his mother to a wandering circus in exchange for 10 views on one of his videos.

Sotek is not a moron usually, so I don't know why he's going along with this (I'm going by what OP wrote, I'm not watching 2 hours of chitter-chatter just to figure out the exact context of the conversation). Since CA has stated now explicitly at least twice that Araby is NOT happening, I'm not saying we can 100%, no matter what say it's not happening ever period, but spinning it as a "yeah, we think it's happening" is pretty disingenuous to say the least.

In the video is nothing around this. Blame the poster, not the video. They just discuss Araby and options for the game.

OK, let's make a deal, if Araby doesn't show up in WH3, you ask for a permanent ban and for all of your threads and posts to get deleted because you are a false prophet and need to atone.

If it becomes playable in WH3, you also ask for a permanent ban and for all of your threads and posts to get deleted because that would make Araby's inclusion all that sweeter.
    I accept but I would probably be back for the last day of the forum, whenever that happens.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Improve UI

In the video is nothing around this. Blame the poster, not the video. They just discuss Araby and options for the game.
    They clearly state in the video : “ due to idiots claiming Araby is “poorly developed and racist” the chances of their inclusion reduces, BUT AND ONLY IF we start talking positively about Araby maybe maybe we can get them, as far as both are concerned “this has to happen, almost a hostage situation”

And I’m not talking about minor CCs but Loremaster of Sotek probably the guy with the deeepest involvement with CA and GW both and I mean REALLY deep involvement.
    *Improve UI

edited September 2021
    and 2: Why aren’t we all in the same page here? Don’t we all want Araby? Why make this horrible statements regarding arabyans and arabys possibilites?

This thread should only
    have responses like:

“Yes lets keep the hope”

“Lets push together and make Ca understand we want them”

“A bright day for WH fans”

Bunch of downers.
    *Improve UI

• steam_164570733298OrFZuRwsteam_164570733298OrFZuRw Registered Users Posts: 111

They clearly state in the video : “ due to idiots claiming Araby is “poorly developed and racist” the chances of their inclusion reduces, BUT AND ONLY IF we start talking positively about Araby maybe maybe we can get them, as far as both are concerned “this has to happen, almost a hostage situation”

And I’m not talking about minor CCs but Loremaster of Sotek probably the guy with the deeepest involvement with CA and GW both and I mean REALLY deep involvement.
    He didn't confirm anything. He had already looked at the topic from this point of view in previous years.

He also has no particular ties to GW. If something like Araby comes along, he'll find out about it maybe a month in advance and he won't publish it without permission. You might as well have picked out older vdeos from him.

They just don't have that many topics at the moment. So they added a little lore about Araby.

That doesn't mean that Araby doesn't stand a chance. But the discussion of the lorry in a video is really no proof.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited September 2021

and 2: Why aren’t we all in the same page here? Don’t we all want Araby? Why make this horrible statements regarding arabyans and arabys possibilites?

This thread should only
    have responses like:

“Yes lets keep the hope”

Bunch of downers.

Because there comes a time when you have to call it quits.

For me? I'm still debating if even Dogs of War have any chance of appearing going forward.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • mewade44#6520mewade44#6520 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,072
    Ya content creators need $ too.
  • Ghost327Ghost327 Registered Users Posts: 39

This thread should only
    have responses like:

“Yes lets keep the hope”

Bunch of downers.

No we dont all want araby, I wanted warhammer fantasy, time spent on araby is time not spent on making the game better
  • talonn#7575talonn#7575 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,827

nope. Not happening
    talonn said:

nope. Not happening

“for now”
    *Improve UI

Araby is free money for them. All they need is to change the map a little bit. Of course people will buy it. I mean Cathay is the proof they cann add new races into the game.

Cathay is proof CA can add things that GW creates for them.
    And? GW can also create Araby to sell their minis. So who cares? Its still free money for them and nothing impossible. Would people buy a eskin and some new regions to give them place? People would.
    Creating an entire miniatures line isn't "free money".

Also when and how do you think we are getting Araby because I very much doubt they are going to be on the Game 3 map.

CA keeps telling us they have no plans for Araby. Give up.
    Do you have any insight into GW's plans? Do you have any idea how exactly the contract between CA and GW looks like? Was Cathay Predictable? I'm pretty sure you would have made the same arguments against Cathay.

You pretend that there is an iron logic here. The company wants to make money. When the other plans have been exhausted, it is a perfectly normal possibility to fill the remaining space.

It's only over when the engine is out of date and it is said that no more content is coming. Until then you can demand and expect what is funny. Such threads simply show that people would buy such a product.
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,375
    I want Araby. CA take my money!
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,544
    I don’t want Araby, many more important races yet.
    Spend time on them.
    I mean I would rather hobgoblins or an independent night goblin faction or halflings etc etc etc before it’s even thought about.
    No to Araby except at end of WH3 maybe if all other cool races have been done.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 9,589
    edited September 2021

I'm pretty sure you would have made the same arguments against Cathay.

Cathay and Araby are not in the same situation.
    SerPus said:

araby was more confirmed than cathay.
    *Improve UI

• Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,774

Soteks speculations are usually so incorrect you’d be rich by betting against his opinions. A podcast by these two has about as much analytical thinking as the gum stuck to the underside of a public toilet.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 9,589

You need to look up what 'confirmed' means.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,485

SerPus said:

Araby trailer confirmed!
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 3,205
    CA thought so much of Araby they gave it to a bunch of Ninja rats, sunburnt Frenchmen and target practice for Brendon Fraser.
    It's a beta.
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 1,211
    What may help Araby is if GW release new lore/army content for them in a couple of years as part of the Old World refresh. At that point, the chances of Araby as DLC will improve significantly
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)