Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Campaign Win as the British Empire

MicahJSMicahJS Registered Users Posts: 5
Hello all,

I just completed the main campaign game as the British Empire on medium settings. It took me several tries before I realized I needed to conquer Hindustan first in the Mughal Empire then go to war with France next, eliminate the United States, conquer some Iroquis territory, then make peace with France, then go to war with the Cherokee nations, then finally conquer Gibralter in Spain, all in that order. I really like all the Total War games. I was just so excited and happy to win the campaign as the British I had to share it here with everybody. I hope it's okay. And thanks again to the developers for making all their Total War games.

Micah

Comments

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,905
    Congrats on the win.

It's not hard coded in what line to take provinces to get the win, only that you have those provinces by the end date.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,140
    Congrats.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• MicahJSMicahJS Registered Users Posts: 5
    Thanks for the replies. Commisar, about which provinces to take in line, yes you are right, I just found it easier in my current situation to take those provinces mentioned in the order I took them.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,905
    MicahJS said:

Thanks for the replies. Commisar, about which provinces to take in line, yes you are right, I just found it easier in my current situation to take those provinces mentioned in the order I took them.

Ah ok just wanted to make sure in case there was a misunderstanding :smile:

Personally as Britain I find my start is on focus on building a defence force in Rupert's land, an army in Jamaica and then trade ships in Britain and the Caribbean. Then basically snipe the two Pirates provinces and send the trade ships to the trade nodes, try to put one ship at first on each open node to block it from other nations. Then with only a few heavier ships you can protect your trade ports and the nodes and make a nice profit for building up.

Find it doesn't often work for other nations though due to having land borders where enemies will invade from but if you can get trade nodes early it does pay off.

I also find quite often the United Provinces gets taken out but can respawn quite easily with rebellions, but when they fall the island of Ceylon turns to rebels which is a great base to expand in to India.
    Commisar, about my campaign, I first sent an army from Great Britain to conquer the Mughal empire before the Maratha Confederacy could take them over. I then had some great allies with the Maratha Confederacy for the entire campaign. I did this while building up my forces in the Americas to conquer needed France and Cherokee Nations territories, and the Leeward Islands. I also went to war with the Iroquis Nations too for awhile. The United States emerged too but I conquered them before they were a problem later on. I saved Gibralter for last in Spain.

Thanks for the advice too about the trade nodes. I really hadn't thought about using them much, just trying to build up my provinces and research new technologies to gain more income.

I also built up a sizeable navy to deal with the French, Spain, and pirate navies.

I also had to do a lot of diplomacy with the other nations, even having to trade territory I had in order to have peace with the French and Persia. Even though I traded some territory it was worth it. I only traded two provinces.

Oh, and I played thru the short campaign. I'm thinking about trying the long campaign too.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,140
    edited 3:44AM
    Do the world domination campaign. Two hundred turns to get forty regions. Lot's of fun, and you can choose how you want to accomplish it. I usually do Prussia, Sweden and Great Britain one after the other.

Some of the other factions are a real challenge also, France, Ottoman Empire and the Netherlands especially.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

dge1, yes, the world domination does sound like fun with two hundred turns to get forty regions, thanks. I'll try it. I think I will probably try the British empire first though because I do like the British empire and because in history they were a great sea faring nation, then the others you mentioned, then France and the others you also mentioned.