Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cathay trailer was disappointing. (Opinion)

124»

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,532

Zhang Ming's design looks absolutely awful. He looks like from a chinese mmo.
    They should have gotten the character designers from Total War 3Kingdoms at least.

So true, they should've taken the design from Xiahou Dun, make him look a bit older and add some fantasy to his design. Make his clothes primarily black to represent yang, and now you have an excellent looking character.

I really hope they redesign the Dragon Empress' face and hair... so damn ugly.
    They could use a bit of polish, yes.

That being said, maybe they are rough-looking by design. Maybe the South is going to be governed by a fiery and handsome not-Lu Bu, while the East by a serene and beautiful not-Diao Chan. Another layer of yin and yang.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 11,188
    Reeks said:

In short wh2 is a more complete version of the warhammer world i love than any single tabletop edition. Just amazing.

Wh2 is more complete version

Wh3 6+++ races more than Wh2 hold my beer

Like are you honestly so stuck in the TT that you are incapable of embracing something new? Not to mention extremely salty that the upcoming races are not coming in the order you like?

I don´t get the hate honestly

Seems petulant
    Oh no hate. What CA has done is amazing. So happy.

Wh3 looks like a big downgrade imo.

Doesnt matter as wh2 wont be "upgraded" with the trash survival battles etc.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,049
    edited September 18

Reeks said:

In short wh2 is a more complete version of the warhammer world i love than any single tabletop edition. Just amazing.

Like are you honestly so stuck in the TT that you are incapable of embracing something new? Not to mention extremely salty that the upcoming races are not coming in the order you like?

Seems petulant

Wh 3 looking as a downgrade, really?

many more races than game two

Bigger world encompassing combined map

I´m also betting that lot of improvements compared to game two are coming (siege rework, diplomacy, optimization(just to name a few)

Honestly you come off as some guy that have a very static picture in your minds eye about how the warhammer world should look, and when reality is different and the world changes(get expanded upon) you discard it all as a giant pile´o crap.

Of course you are welcome to like and dislike what you pleas i Just did not expect that raging ocean of salt from a guy who i´ve seen on these boards for years praising the work of this publisher, that´s all

Anyway, give it time, we don´t even know how things will play out yet, we have so much yet to see before we have the full picture.

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
    edited September 18
    Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Seems petulant

I´m also betting that lot of improvements compared to game two are coming (siege rework, diplomacy, optimization(just to name a few)

Honestly you come off as some guy that have a very static picture in your minds eye about how the warhammer world should look, and when reality is different and the world changes(get expanded upon) you discard it all as a giant pile´o crap.

Of course you are welcome to like and dislike what you pleas i Just did not expect that raging ocean of salt from a guy who i´ve seen on these boards for years praising the work of this publisher, that´s all

Anyway, give it time, we don´t even know how things will play out yet, we have so much yet to see before we have the full picture.
    If there was no wh2 then id say wh3 looks really good. But there is a greater version of the game in wh2 that i think looks alot better.

Yeah some people liked age of sigmar. I dont. I prefer older warhammer.

I think wh3 looks like a downgrade. And the more ive seen the worse it looks.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,049

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Seems petulant

If there was no wh2 then id say wh3 looks really good. But there is a greater version of the game in wh2 that i think looks alot better.

Aight you do you bruh

Who knows, you might change your tune when you seen more than just a few rosters :-)

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • aeshmiaeshmi Registered Users Posts: 138
    See a fair few people complaining about how Cathay looks generic China and imo I'm not sure what you were expecting if you feel like that.

One of the strengths/weaknesses of Warhammer Fantasy is that while a number of factions are unique there are a lot that are very heavily drawn from real world history in terms of aesthetics.

This is good in some ways giving people something familiar - or it is boring - entirely depends on where you stand. But the sheer number of factions and races even that out.

Lets not pretend that Brettonnia is some shining example of uniqueness aesthetically for example. Its no surprise that Cathay is very standard Chinese when we have lots of other factions that are behave the same way. Its just part of the design that in comparison to 40k - Fantasy has always had a heavy lean towards caricaturing real world history as well.
    Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Seems petulant

Aight you do you bruh

Who knows, you might change your tune when you seen more than just a few rosters :-)
    Yeah i might when the next huge map gets released etc. There is no principle involved what i think looks most entertaining ill play.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,447
    Makuhico said:

I get some of your points.... but also I don't know what would stop the censorship from disapproving of the game even if they went with the jade vampire or monkey King approach. They pretty much just censor anything against the government which I don't really see being an issue in wh3.

Chinese government didn't approve shang-chi in theaters because people in china though actors are too ugly, and the original of fu-man chu even no fumanchu in the movie 😂

The could ban the game for any random reason if they feel Chinese is portrait as weak, chatay will be a strong army guarantee!

Thry normally ban horror gosht flicks here....the Jade vampire never was an option.

Jade Vampires were a fan creation..... So yeah, they never were an option.

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

I have strongly mixed feelings. The very trailer was great, but it felt like something straight out of Netflix. I were hoping, expecting, desiring the Dragon Emperor, but what I got was his daughter. Then I have learned that there is a son too. It's like wanting Vegeta but getting Bulla and Trunks.

I don't really mind that they are playable, but for the love of all that is draconic, give me the overdragon himself!

There is only one solution, we shall have a very talented modder mod The Dragon Emperor hisself into the game as the LL to end all LL´s(with mechanics, voicelines, animations and the whole shebang)

Heck i´d pay for that if probably made
    It won't ever be the same. But ultimately it's not the end of the world. Technically, because the world has already ended, but also because I will probably warm up to these wyrmlings.
    Valkaar said:

I have strongly mixed feelings. The very trailer was great, but it felt like something straight out of Netflix. I were hoping, expecting, desiring the Dragon Emperor, but what I got was his daughter. Then I have learned that there is a son too. It's like wanting Vegeta but getting Bulla and Trunks.

I don't really mind that they are playable, but for the love of all that is draconic, give me the overdragon himself!

Yeah, except Vegeta is an ACTUAL character, with an established personality, that one could be drawn towards or dislike.

Like, I GET the argument that some people are disappointed with some of the new Marvel Replacement characters for example...they don't want Nu-Ironman/Thor/Captain America...they were drawn more to the originals as characters and don't want to see the role filled by someone who can't properly fill those old shoes.

The problem is....the Dragon Emperor had ZERO established character traits to be drawn to in the first place. He had no personality or feats or anything to be worth 'looking forward to'. Even his newly canon OP power level was not previously clarified.

Literally, CA/GW could have said that the Iron/Storm Dragon children ARE/WERE the Dragon Emperor/Moon Empress, and you would NOT have known the difference.

You only know the Dragon Emperor is missing literally because CA said they're missing. But if they didn't say he was missing, you wouldn't have known.

All you knew/wanted/got, was a powerful state ruler who could turn into a dragon. You have that. You actually have MORE THAN ONE. If anything, this is BETTER for you than getting JUST the Dragon Emperor.
    I know better what I wanted.

I wanted the Dragon Emperor. It's the idea that matters. The power, the gravitas and the gravity his character embodies.
    Lets hope your heart will shine bright in response to Miao Ying, Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gao, Master Of The Storm Winds
    Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!

Honestly she and her brother can always only play second fiddle to the true Grand Cathay ruler, the one who should have been the LL to rule them all
    The Dragon Emperor hisself

Time shall mend our broken hearts

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

There is only one solution, we shall have a very talented modder mod The Dragon Emperor hisself into the game as the LL to end all LL´s(with mechanics, voicelines, animations and the whole shebang)

It won't ever be the same. But ultimately it's not the end of the world. Technically, because the world has already ended, but also because I will probably warm up to these wyrmlings.
    Valkaar said:

Yeah, except Vegeta is an ACTUAL character, with an established personality, that one could be drawn towards or dislike.

Like, I GET the argument that some people are disappointed with some of the new Marvel Replacement characters for example...they don't want Nu-Ironman/Thor/Captain America...they were drawn more to the originals as characters and don't want to see the role filled by someone who can't properly fill those old shoes.

The problem is....the Dragon Emperor had ZERO established character traits to be drawn to in the first place. He had no personality or feats or anything to be worth 'looking forward to'. Even his newly canon OP power level was not previously clarified.

Literally, CA/GW could have said that the Iron/Storm Dragon children ARE/WERE the Dragon Emperor/Moon Empress, and you would NOT have known the difference.

You only know the Dragon Emperor is missing literally because CA said they're missing. But if they didn't say he was missing, you wouldn't have known.

All you knew/wanted/got, was a powerful state ruler who could turn into a dragon. You have that. You actually have MORE THAN ONE. If anything, this is BETTER for you than getting JUST the Dragon Emperor.

I wanted the Dragon Emperor. It's the idea that matters. The power, the gravitas and the gravity his character embodies.
    Yes, except the Children have ALL of the gravitas, power, and gravity of the Dragon Emperor as far as you knew.

This whole new "Dragon Emperor is literally godlike power thing" is a BRAND new piece of information. You didn't know that before/didn't want that before.
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Yes, except the Children have ALL of the gravitas, power, and gravity of the Dragon Emperor as far as you knew.

This whole new "Dragon Emperor is literally godlike power thing" is a BRAND new piece of information. You didn't know that before/didn't want that before/weren't hoping for that.

You were hoping for LL level power/gravitas.

Which we got.
    Again, I know better what I wanted.

Nothing changed. I wanted the supreme leader of Cathay, and these siblings are not him. They are glorified provincial governors.
    The children ARE the supreme LEADERS of Cathay. You got what you wanted. They aren't just governors reporting back in to Mom + Dad.

The Dragon Emperor is a symbolic/religious figurehead type character that the people revere. He isn't their leader. He doesn't direct or manage the nation in any meaningful way. He likely doesn't even care about them/their fate. The Children are their leaders. The Emperor is just a figure of spiritual worship.
    I don't mind, I can repeat myself. I wanted the Dragon Emperor, the one who rules the whole of the Celestial Empire, not 2,3,4 or 12 siblings who rule the parts of it. There is one supreme leader and he is absent.

Maybe, maybe not. In the end it is a change that I'm not fond of.
    In another thread weren't you saying you wanted to have the other siblings as LLs?
    Goatforce said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Lets hope your heart will shine bright in response to Miao Ying, Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gao, Master Of The Storm Winds

Honestly she and her brother can always only play second fiddle to the true Grand Cathay ruler, the one who should have been the LL to rule them all

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

This whole new "Dragon Emperor is literally godlike power thing" is a BRAND new piece of information. You didn't know that before/didn't want that before.
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

This whole new "Dragon Emperor is literally godlike power thing" is a BRAND new piece of information. You didn't know that before/didn't want that before/weren't hoping for that.

Which we got.

Nothing changed. I wanted the supreme leader of Cathay, and these siblings are not him. They are glorified provincial governors.
    The children ARE the supreme LEADERS of Cathay. You got what you wanted. They aren't just governors reporting back in to Mom + Dad.

The Dragon Emperor is a symbolic/religious figurehead type character that the people revere. He isn't their leader. He doesn't direct or manage the nation in any meaningful way. He likely doesn't even care about them/their fate. The Children are their leaders. The Emperor is just a figure of spiritual worship.
    I don't mind, I can repeat myself. I wanted the Dragon Emperor, the one who rules the whole of the Celestial Empire, not 2,3,4 or 12 siblings who rule the parts of it. There is one supreme leader and he is absent.

In another thread weren't you saying you wanted to have the other siblings as LLs?
    In more than one thread in fact. Yes, I want multiple siblings as LLs, ideally 3 more: for the Centre, for the South and for the East. But the Emperor Dragon was the first and greatest desire of mine, and If I could, then I would gladly trade those wyrmlings for him.

In a perfect world I would have them all, including the Moon Goddess.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,288

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Which we got.

If you change their titles to Dragon Emperor/Moon Empress and some other text here and there, it will be exactly the same. It's not like Dragon Emperor is more than a title anyway, we never knew anything about him. It's a mod you can do yourself in fifteen minute with zero knowledge of modding.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,520

Goatforce said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Which we got.

In more than one thread in fact. Yes, I want multiple siblings as LLs, ideally 3 more: for the Centre, for the South and for the East. But the Emperor Dragon was the first and greatest desire of mine, and If I could, then I would gladly trade those wyrmlings for him.

It wouldn't be compatible with the new lore. You may as well make Sigmar and Ursun playable then.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 30,968
    Amonkhet said:

Goatforce said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Which we got.

It wouldn't be compatible with the new lore. You may as well make Sigmar and Ursun playable then.
    Dragon Emperor vs Khorne himself when?
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,543

Wait for DLC for the more grimdark options! Chinese mythology has so many.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

Xenos7777 said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Which we got.

If you change their titles to Dragon Emperor/Moon Empress and some other text here and there, it will be exactly the same. It's not like Dragon Emperor is more than a title anyway, we never knew anything about him. It's a mod you can do yourself in fifteen minute with zero knowledge of modding.
    It won't be the same, because I know know the truth of the matter. We knew something:

Amonkhet said:

Goatforce said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Which we got.

Or Nagash, who most likely will be playable. Will he be in his weakened form? Probably, but the same could be applied to the Dragon Emperor and the Moon Goddess.

Xenos7777 said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Which we got.

It won't be the same, because I know know the truth of the matter. We knew something:

Amonkhet said:

Goatforce said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Which we got.

Or Nagash, who most likely will be playable. Will he be in his weakened form? Probably, but the same could be applied to the Dragon Emperor and the Moon Goddess.
    Nagash is weakened as a result of resurrection. The Dragon Emperor, from what we know, just hangs out in his palace. There is no real reason that we have for him to be in a weakened state, so the comparison is unfair. Also Nagash's power level, especially if we aren't going by ETs which CA has stated we are not, is probably not nearly at the level of the Dragon Emperor.

From what little we know the Dragon Emperor seems to be on at least the power level of a living Lord Kroak, which probably far supercedes Nagash even at his most powerful (outside of his warpstone augmented rituals). so again the comparison is unfair.

Wait for DLC for the more grimdark options! Chinese mythology has so many.

Certainly there should be some additions like that.

Personally I really want a Monk DLC because I love the idea of accomplishing inhuman things through willpower. I'd love some darker options too. At least monsters that are nasty.

China's base mythology is probably equivalent to Europe's. Very roughly. There's enough there to go any direction they like with the 3 LPs.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,245
    aeshmi said:

See a fair few people complaining about how Cathay looks generic China and imo I'm not sure what you were expecting if you feel like that.

One of the strengths/weaknesses of Warhammer Fantasy is that while a number of factions are unique there are a lot that are very heavily drawn from real world history in terms of aesthetics.

This is good in some ways giving people something familiar - or it is boring - entirely depends on where you stand. But the sheer number of factions and races even that out.

Lets not pretend that Brettonnia is some shining example of uniqueness aesthetically for example. Its no surprise that Cathay is very standard Chinese when we have lots of other factions that are behave the same way. Its just part of the design that in comparison to 40k - Fantasy has always had a heavy lean towards caricaturing real world history as well.

Getting over my initial disappointment that Cathay has been redesigned to not be based on the Qing (Since previous old GW artwork and bannermen references pointed to them).

I just wish GW picked and stuck to one era as the main aesthetic theme like they did with the other factions of the setting. Empire has a strong Holy Roman Empire aesthetic, Bretonnia has a strong early medieval theme etc
    Pick a theme. Instead Cathay is a rundown of different Chinese eras and dynasties, I think that's why people are saying it's generic Chinese, because it can't be tied to a particular era/dynasty and the overall aesthic is weaker for it.

I even noticed some Japanese designs in there...

These guys look more like Japanese labourers to me, the way they're presented with the thick ropes and especially the symbol on his back closely resemebles the Mitsudomoe, a symbol more Iconic and synonymous to Japan. How that bodes for possibly future Nippon, I wouldn't like to guess. The designs in a lot of areas are so generic fantasy they don't even look broadly East Asian let alone Chinese. And what's with the nonesensical single square pauldron doing hanging there... And the Terracotta Sentinal's face, why does it have one? Looks too much like a robot face.

The Dragon Children's headgear also don't look Chinese or even East Asian. Generic fantasy big ugly shapes.
    World of Warcraft type designs.

Or the weird that half face helmet.
    Doesn't look like any Chinese helm I've ever seen.
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • LegendaryArticunoLegendaryArticuno Registered Users Posts: 186
    ^ Both GW and CA designers in charge of Cathay's art direction aren't Chinese or have experience with ancient Chinese designs... and it' really shows.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,582
    edited September 20

^ Both GW and CA designers in charge of Cathay's art direction aren't Chinese or have experience with ancient Chinese designs... and it' really shows.

Thought CA could have learnt something from 3k by now. That masked lady is my least fav unit so far.

Don't tell me that masked lady can actually transform into dragon as well ?
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,551
    I appreciate the research done on cathay but yeah, most people I know says cathay feels like generic china. It doesn't feel as focused as other factions, just like how tomb kings are specifically ancient bronze age egypt, vampire counts are hammer film dracula stereotypes, vampire coast is pirates of the caribbean, etc.

It sucks having to explain all the historical references and themes in cathay because its all over the place. It has stuff from tang, song and ming dynasties.
    I'm pretty okay with it being all over the place with references. Reality is we're only getting 1 Chinese inspirted race (No dispute here) I do think that while a lot of it in broad strokes is good but I don't particularly like either LL's human form. Neither look particularly human. I would like the sentinels to have human faces too rather than face plates.

I'm sort of looking to the DLCs for really focused content. Those I expect to be focused and designed specifically to one theme. I'll accept Cathay being a bit here and there with references for the core release.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Goatforce said:

Xenos7777 said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Which we got.

Amonkhet said:

Goatforce said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

I hope
    I hope so too!
    Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Valkaar said:

Reeks said:

Valkaar said:

Which we got.

Nagash is weakened as a result of resurrection. The Dragon Emperor, from what we know, just hangs out in his palace. There is no real reason that we have for him to be in a weakened state, so the comparison is unfair. Also Nagash's power level, especially if we aren't going by ETs which CA has stated we are not, is probably not nearly at the level of the Dragon Emperor.

From what little we know the Dragon Emperor seems to be on at least the power level of a living Lord Kroak, which probably far supercedes Nagash even at his most powerful (outside of his warpstone augmented rituals). so again the comparison is unfair.
    There can be a real reason, with the most obvious being the drowsiness most dragons suffer from. It's a matter of making it up. There is nothing unfair about the comparison. Nagash will most likely, narratively speaking, reach ET power level by the end of his campaign. Malekith, for example, in terms of power, far exceeds his ET appearance after the Vortex ending.

In general, I am of the opinion that the Dragon Emperor should have not been elevated to a deity-like status. Dracothion would have been a better choice: a bridge between FB and AoS.
  • Lexa19994Lexa19994 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 10
    Yeah this post is stupid and so is the guy that wrote it not to mention a lack of detail of why its bad from you or them basically a child saying they hate the basic concepts of things without looking deep in to it, grand cathay trailer was amazing, it had hype and everything, maybe you just wasn't feeling it, as for the leader looking like something out of warcraft, newsflash the game is fantasy, they share races, although personally I didn't see anything resembling warcraft from it and in warcraft the elves have weird long ass eyebrows which is a joke itself

I'm not a lore person and I don't get in to lore for these reasons, guys like you always bring it in to the game which in turn ruins your experience more than it does mine, yeah chinese is supposed to resemble ying and yang but in no way does that cater to the chinese market, and they only recently fleshed out on cathay recently for the implementation of having it in to TW:Warhammer 3

you sound to have a lot of unresounding hate for this faction for god knows what reason whether its "Lore" or something else, but put this weird anger for this faction you gained out of nowhere and look at it in a different light.

You literally have an amazing Dragon queen and I presume king, she falls off the cliff and turns in to an epic dragon to fight the chaos, you have the sentinels that come to life to defend cathay, you have a hard sturdy front line which allows you to effectively used ranged units while your frontline soaks up missles.

I read the site post again thought is still the same, just more unending hate for the chinese and speculations on your part, I presume you're the one that wrote that, they are a defensive nation unlike every other nation, they seek peace not war probably based somethings of sun tzu, you assume a nation will be bad when you never actually seen it in action, it was literally a reveal trailer, with little info and you're suddenly on the hate train because it's chinese?
  • Lexa19994Lexa19994 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 10
    Makuhico said:

Reeks said:

I agree OP. Wh3 is not what i want in a warhammer game. But i love wh2 (one of the best games ever so ill just play that.

Hahahaha!

Are you so salty about the inclusion of Grand Cathay that you flat out refuse to play it?

Lol

See this guy fellas?
    He´s containing so much salt that the oceans are now nothing but fresh water!
    I think you misunderstood us a bit.

No one is hating the inclusion of Cathay, at least not me.

What is happening is that we are disappointed on what the trailer shows.

I wanted a cooler Cathay but sincerely they look weak, let me put this in context:

How the hell do they look weak?, they have giant stone sentinels, massive firepower, airships, powerful sorcerers, a dragon/human lord and they look weak? get out
  • invoketimeinvoketime Registered Users Posts: 2
    Abmong said:

aeshmi said:

Getting over my initial disappointment that Cathay has been redesigned to not be based on the Qing (Since previous old GW artwork and bannermen references pointed to them).

I just wish GW picked and stuck to one era as the main aesthetic theme like they did with the other factions of the setting. Empire has a strong Holy Roman Empire aesthetic, Bretonnia has a strong early medieval theme etc
    Pick a theme. Instead Cathay is a rundown of different Chinese eras and dynasties, I think that's why people are saying it's generic Chinese, because it can't be tied to a particular era/dynasty and the overall aesthic is weaker for it.

I even noticed some Japanese designs in there...

These guys look more like Japanese labourers to me, the way they're presented with the thick ropes and especially the symbol on his back closely resemebles the Mitsudomoe, a symbol more Iconic and synonymous to Japan. How that bodes for possibly future Nippon, I wouldn't like to guess. The designs in a lot of areas are so generic fantasy they don't even look broadly East Asian let alone Chinese. And what's with the nonesensical single square pauldron doing hanging there... And the Terracotta Sentinal's face, why does it have one? Looks too much like a robot face.

The Dragon Children's headgear also don't look Chinese or even East Asian. Generic fantasy big ugly shapes.
    World of Warcraft type designs.

Or the weird that half face helmet.
    Doesn't look like any Chinese helm I've ever seen.

There are similar patterns in the cultural relics of the Shang Dynasty (1600 BC) and the Zhou Dynasty (1100 BC)
    Japan has similar patterns, but they are not unique.