Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are you telling me this was a lie, CA???

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,686
    Daemons are diversity.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• ChrisSchChrisSch Registered Users Posts: 72
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,072
    Do we get another panic thread every day until is comes out your wrong !?

• ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 689
    I think the good faith interpretation would probably be diversity in terms of gameplay more than aesthetics.
    Then again, I imagine a lot of human model stuff is recycled as well from Empire for both Cathay and Kislev, be it the models' skeletons or animations, but we are less likely to notice those cases because of different armors. I wouldn't personally be surprised if Cathayn (is that the word for it?) swordsmen and halberdiers use the same animations as the Empire ones do.
  • DarkKnight88DarkKnight88 Registered Users Posts: 27
    I find it funny that some still believe monogods are fully fledged races. You're getting Chaos Daemons divided by 4 people.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 16,087
    at this point forget most humans units , focus on the daemons because thats were the budgets for mono went mostly
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,463
    They can have a lot of specific units, and have a few shared assets. Plus different mechanism and gameplay.

Where's the problem?
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 7,617
    saweendra said:

at this point forget most humans units , focus on the daemons because thats were the budgets for mono went mostly

It is understandable when mortal units are missing, so we can expect them in DLCs. The problem is that they are in the game but don't have unique models.
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,335

We need in a case hes right.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,026
    I could've told you it was a lie.

Wait, I did.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,522

I find it funny that some still believe monogods are fully fledged races. You're getting Chaos Daemons divided by 4 people.

Yeah the quarter cores are a thing.
    But let’s make the most of them. All 4 chaos factions will die to Kislev and Cathay just the same.
    Go humans!
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,352
    Yeah there's going to have to be god specific assets for Tzeentch mortals in there when the full reveal is on or there is going to be a bit of a debacle.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 16,087
    SerPus said:

saweendra said:

It is understandable when mortal units are missing, so we can expect them in DLCs. The problem is that they are in the game but don't have unique models.
    I mean most of them are just filer for monos honestly.
    To pad out the roster until dlc.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 7,617
    saweendra said:

I mean most of them are just filer for monos honestly.
    To pad out the roster until dlc.

Ans that's another problem. Marked Warriors and Chosen are too important to be a filler.
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 941
    D E B A C L E
    E B A C L E
    B A C L E
    A C L E
    C L E
    L E
    E

I had hoped I wouldn't need to use my ultimate weapon ever again...

They're just placeholders man, get over it.
    edited September 2021
    extremely fair the forsaken have different helmet.

At least ca got some lengs to do it.
    Hondlis said:

We need in a case hes right.
    As long is not become that obnoxious like last time i not care.

I just not see them as real deal because how out of place they where and how they just shoot their foot that they chaos warrior at least not get some work.

But if they are real?

Then leat the wrath unleash and the tears fall like a waterfall.

Until then i wait for tzeentch turn before i go in to panic mode.

P.s also they still very diverse in roster and propaly gameplay, even campagne to.

So they didn't lie.

At least so far i see but i have to of course see the gameplay mechanics before i can agree or disagree but so far no lie for me.

• IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
    I'm waiting until I see the full roster before I start rioting. Those skeletons in TK, VC and VCounts look awfully like Skeletons. Does Khorne have hoverboarding Chaos Warriors? Do Blue Horrors look anything like the Khorne variant? They look sufficiently different from each other from the little I have seen.
  • ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,075

D E B A C L E
    E B A C L E
    B A C L E
    A C L E
    C L E
    L E
    E

Placeholders? :smiley: This one is in a big denial.

The final rose has faded,
    The eaves will sing no more;
    The waxen ground will keep you bound,
    Death-pale until the thaw.
    Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 941
    Yrellian said:

D E B A C L E
    E B A C L E
    B A C L E
    A C L E
    C L E
    L E
    E

Exactly the same as with the khorne trailers, no? Remember the WoC placeholder models? The recoloured doggos?

Lets do a little bet. If I'm wrong, I'll post a thread publicly announcing that I am a donkey. If I'm right, you do the same.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,881
    How is the statement a lie though? It doesn’t say that each god will have a roster without reskinned units. All it means is that it’ll be different from other factions and have a variety of units. Tzeench warriors won’t just be warriors on the battlefield, they’ll be at least nominally different.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

Yrellian said:

D E B A C L E
    E B A C L E
    B A C L E
    A C L E
    C L E
    L E
    E

Exactly the same as with the khorne trailers, no? Remember the WoC placeholder models? The recoloured doggos?

Lets do a little bet. If I'm wrong, I'll post a thread publicly announcing that I am a donkey. If I'm right, you do the same.
    I mean singe entity gore beast, big chaos spawn, the chaos warhound.

And yes you could argue they came in to the game but is obvious that the flesh hounds just wasn't ready yet.

To show case and the same is for tzeentch, they we know this months is all catahy, is easily to see that ca not gonna try to tell anything about the big blue until his time come.

We both could be wrong!

But we got thanks to khorne at least some doubt that is really the final thing.

If not then sad and these thread can't pop out soon and as many as it take to change that.

I mean if man not right i take the L.

• ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,075

Yrellian said:

D E B A C L E
    E B A C L E
    B A C L E
    A C L E
    C L E
    L E
    E

OK, I can live with that. You've got yourself a bet. So, all the chaos warriors, chaos spawns and forsaken will remain the same. If they are changed, I'll make a post about being a donkey, if they remain the same, which they will, you'll do it.

The final rose has faded,
    The eaves will sing no more;
    The waxen ground will keep you bound,
    Death-pale until the thaw.
    Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,638
    edited September 2021
    I like what I see so far. All the daemon stuff looks cool and most of it seems to be in. WoC will always be armoured dudes, sure the models could've been a little more unique but I don't see the grand tragedy here. Thank god for no naked AoS cultists. I hoped to see Tzaangors but I also think they're unlikely to show up because the new bird models are AoS and too different from the marked gors from FB.

• HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,335
    Well they might be placeholders but there is still real chance they are not. Before Khorne roster reveal most of us was convinced we've seen like 50 % of roster only to find out we've seen it almost all and it's the smallest roster to be released in all 3 games.

So i guess a little bit of hysteria won't hurt us and also maybe points out what we as customers want and expect.

And i have no idea why someone takes recolored warriors and chosen as a sign of something normal or expected. Show me a single artwork where Nurgle warriors are exact copy or Tzeench ones.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,585
    After we found out that mortal soldiers would be a substantial part of the MONO rosters i had hoped that Ca would at least make them like they were in the lore, where they had distinctly different looks

It turns out the MONO haters were right though, we got spoon fed the same models with different colors and very minor model changes

R.I.P
    The dream is dead

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • gorgos96gorgos96 Member Registered Users Posts: 379
    If they release them like this, I'm sure mod teams will change them up within the first few weeks
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,638
    edited September 2021
    Hondlis said:

Well they might be placeholders but there is still real chance they are not. Before Khorne roster reveal most of us was convinced we've seen like 50 % of roster only to find out we've seen it almost all and it's the smallest roster to be released in all 3 games.

So i guess a little bit of hysteria won't hurt us and also maybe points out what we as customers want and expect.

And i have no idea why someone takes recolored warriors and chosen as a sign of something normal or expected. Show me a single artwork where Nurgle warriors are exact copy or Tzeench ones.

It's based on TT models, not artworks (most of which are fanmade anyway).
    Here's a tzeentch warrior from AoS (on the right), does he look overly fancy to you?

Current tzeentch warriors are a bit lazy but I wouldn't expect them to be wildly different. Maybe a unique helmet and some magical flair like glowing weapons, idk.

• gorgos96gorgos96 Member Registered Users Posts: 379

Hondlis said:

It's based on TT models, not artworks (most of which are fanmade anyway).
    Here's a tzeentch warrior from AoS (on the right), does he look overly fancy to you?

Current tzeentch warriors are a bit lazy but I wouldn't expect them to be wildly different. Maybe more unique helmet and some magical flair like glowing weapons, idk.
    Considering their rosters will be comperatively limited, it's not bizarre to expect variation between models at the very least.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,352
    Even if they are placeholders there is no way to know if they are. Enough outrage can make anything change before release. But these are the models that were put in the trailer. Evidently they were considered good enough for that.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 1,079
    They never said it to be about the looks.
    They are different by pöaystyle.
    No lie.
    Pls use basic logic.
This discussion has been closed.