Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are you telling me this was a lie, CA???

Comments

• steam_164510928748qF8o2besteam_164510928748qF8o2be Registered Users Posts: 1,766
    i mean the shoulder pads are diffrent on the warrior. i dont know how much diffrent they can make that before they move to far away from in the core is a chaos warrior.

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 9,589
    Brakier said:

i mean the shoulder pads are diffrent on the warrior.

There are different variants of Chosen models. Nothing about these is new, except the color.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,961

Of course it was a lie.
  • Hondlis#2158Hondlis#2158 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594

Hondlis said:

Well they might be placeholders but there is still real chance they are not. Before Khorne roster reveal most of us was convinced we've seen like 50 % of roster only to find out we've seen it almost all and it's the smallest roster to be released in all 3 games.

So i guess a little bit of hysteria won't hurt us and also maybe points out what we as customers want and expect.

And i have no idea why someone takes recolored warriors and chosen as a sign of something normal or expected. Show me a single artwork where Nurgle warriors are exact copy or Tzeench ones.

It's based on TT models, not artworks (most of which are fanmade anyway).
    Here's a tzeentch warrior from AoS (on the right), does he look overly fancy to you?

Current tzeentch warriors are a bit lazy but I wouldn't expect them to be wildly different. Maybe a unique helmet and some magical flair like glowing weapons, idk.
    There are to TT models to begin with...
  • SeswathaSeswatha Registered Users Posts: 4,807
    Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

Well they might be placeholders but there is still real chance they are not. Before Khorne roster reveal most of us was convinced we've seen like 50 % of roster only to find out we've seen it almost all and it's the smallest roster to be released in all 3 games.

So i guess a little bit of hysteria won't hurt us and also maybe points out what we as customers want and expect.

And i have no idea why someone takes recolored warriors and chosen as a sign of something normal or expected. Show me a single artwork where Nurgle warriors are exact copy or Tzeench ones.

Here's a tzeentch warrior from AoS (on the right), does he look overly fancy to you?

Current tzeentch warriors are a bit lazy but I wouldn't expect them to be wildly different. Maybe a unique helmet and some magical flair like glowing weapons, idk.

What's this then?

What's this then?

Chaos Warriors models painted blue.
    SerPus said:

What's this then?

Aka, chaos warriors with the mark of Tzeentch. There are no other models even in AoS.

• Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,751
    Reeks said:

After we found out that mortal soldiers would be a substantial part of the MONO rosters i had hoped that Ca would at least make them like they were in the lore, where they had distinctly different looks

It turns out the MONO haters were right though, we got spoon fed the same models with different colors and very minor model changes

R.I.P
    The dream is dead

as long the place holder is confirmed to be real, then i will consider the dream dead! until then never!

Aka, chaos warriors with the mark of Tzeentch.

Nothing about the models is mark-specific. You could paint them in any color you wanted and it wouldn't affect their rules.
    Anyway, is your point that something that didn't have a model on the tabletop can't appear in the game? Because in that case, we are in trouble.
  • ladymissfit#8688ladymissfit#8688 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480
    seriously it looks fine. tzeentch, ironically, doesn't need all that much change from the base chaos warrior/chosen model. just make it shiny and replace a few of the bits and you got it and hey, that's what they did. the spawn and forsaken are a bit silly though. could've done more with them.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox

replace a few of the bits and you got it and hey, that's what they did.

Except they didn't do that. Could at least make unique helmets, but no.
    edited September 2021
    SerPus said:

Aka, chaos warriors with the mark of Tzeentch.

Nothing about the models is mark-specific. You could paint them in any color you wanted and it wouldn't affect their rules.
    Anyway, is your point that something that didn't have a model on the tabletop can't appear in the game? Because in that case, we are in trouble.
    In 8th, it totally would affect their rules. Something without a model can appear in the game. But chaos warriors do have a model. CA is using that model as a basis, which is understandable. Could've added a bit more flair to it as I said, but I don't know why they should look wildly different. They don't need to look like a character from a Chinese MMO. See the AoS artwork a few posts before.

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,284

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

What's this then?

While some people do a lot of conversion stuff for their miniatures, others just simply paint them in the corresponding colors.

-----Red Dox
  • ladymissfit#8688ladymissfit#8688 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480
    SerPus said:

replace a few of the bits and you got it and hey, that's what they did.

Except they didn't do that. Could at least make unique helmets, but no.
    they changed a fair amount of the armour but not the helmet. would've been nice though that's true but it's hardly something worth getting angry about.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox

In 8th, it totally would affect their rules.

What, the paint?

But chaos warriors do have a model.

Marked Chaos Warriors don't. Except for the Khorne ones, since they are used for Skullcrushers.

I don't know why they should look wildly different

Because they do look different.
  • Ninaran#8122Ninaran#8122 Registered Users Posts: 534
    Nobody is surprised, mono fans have been in denial from the start.

they changed a fair amount of the armour

Why don't you provide an example?
  • Ninaran#8122Ninaran#8122 Registered Users Posts: 534

Of course it was a lie.

Yeah it's crazy how true that image was from the start. Currently nothing really to look forward to in Warhammer 3, shame. Three Kingdoms 2.0 and WoC with different colour pallettes aren't really all that appealing.
    edited September 2021
    SerPus said:

In 8th, it totally would affect their rules.

What, the paint?
    Yes, in case of Tzeentch "the paint" gives a 6+ wardsave.
    SerPus said:

But chaos warriors do have a model.

Marked Chaos Warriors don't. Except for the Khorne ones, since they are used for Skullcrushers.

That's still a chaos warrior, the only standout part is the helmet. Which is possible within just simple model conversions. It doesn't look completely different from every other warrior and neither tzeentch warriors would. As I said, could've added a few unique details here and there (like a different helmet) but the base is the same.
    SerPus said:

Where?
    This is an official art.

• Hondlis#2158Hondlis#2158 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594

Hondlis said:

SerPus said:

What's this then?

Aka, chaos warriors with the mark of Tzeentch. There are no other models even in AoS.
    Exactly. Thats why they need to be made. GW left a gap CA needs to fill.
    And i don't understand why should they be same.

Whoever you ask about Nurgle or Tzeench warriors knows exactly how should they look. And that image never comes from painted WoC warriors but artworks.

Thats btw what CA had done with some units already in the game.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited September 2021

SerPus said:

Where?
    This is an official art.

And so is this, for example, a Nurgle chosen:

But the artwork I like the most is this:

Which is from a Warhammer video game set in Fantasy.

The issue isn't that there aren't artworks to work with. The issue is that CA is lazy.

Either way, I still expect that these are simply Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch and not the Chosen, and that the Chosen will be DLC with an actual unique model at some point in the future.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
    edited September 2021
    Crossil said:

SerPus said:

Where?
    This is an official art.

The issue isn't that there aren't artworks to work with. The issue is that CA is lazy.

Either way, I still expect that these are simply Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch and not the Chosen, and that the Chosen will be DLC with an actual unique model at some point in the future.
    AoR looks are too MMO like for my taste.

Chosen can look a bit crazier than warriors but warriors should look more vanilla.

Crossil said:

SerPus said:

Where?
    This is an official art.

AoR art and looks are too MMO for my taste (and also, not cannon, of course).

Chosen can look a bit crazier than warriors but warriors should look more vanilla.
    Neither of those is AoR. So you're wrong.

The mark, not the paint.

That's still a chaos warrior, the only stand out part is the helmet.

No. If you look closer you will notice Khorne symbols on him.

Where?

Notice any differences?
    edited September 2021
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

SerPus said:

Where?
    This is an official art.

Well, the first one obviously wasn't, it's from Tamurkhan I guess. The 2nd one looks like it could've been from AoR but even if it's not not a fan either way.
    SerPus said:

The mark, not the paint.

Where?

Notice any differences?
    Ok, let's put a tzeentch symbol on the tzeentch warrior shoulderpad if that would make it or break it for you.

The 1st pic is a fanart https://www.deviantart.com/majesticchicken/art/Champions-of-Tzeentch-254326921 (and the dude with a staff is a sorcerer and not a regular warrior anyway).
    Didn't google the 2nd one but it probably is one too. Kinda hard to see what's going on on that one.

• Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,751
    Crossil said:

SerPus said:

Where?
    This is an official art.

I believe these are place holder but is kinda give me a sour taste that we get monos truly after one or two dlcs..

edited September 2021

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

SerPus said:

Where?
    This is an official art.

Well, the first one obviously wasn't, it's from Tamurkhan I guess. The 2nd one looks like it could've been from AoR but even if it's not not a fan either way.
    SerPus said:

The mark, not the paint.

Where?

Notice any differences?
    Ok, let's put a tzeentch symbol on the tzeentch warrior shoulderpad if that would make it or break it for you.

The 1st pic is a fanart https://www.deviantart.com/majesticchicken/art/Champions-of-Tzeentch-254326921 (and the dude with a staff is a sorcerer and not a regular warrior anyway).
    Didn't google the 2nd one but it probably is one too. Kinda hard to see what's going on on that one.
    I can do this all day, you know:

And I don't care you're "not a fan" the point still stands. It's not as simple as you're trying to make it out to be.
  • Killertut#9655Killertut#9655 Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    can we not just wait 3/4 weeks for the "tzeentch introduction" and roster reveal to know what we are getting and how exactly the chaos warriors of tzeentch will look like?

different, unique models? superb, we didnt waste all this energy for demanding better.

same stuff we have seen in these screenshots? now we can get angry and get the pitchforks out and demand ca do redo them.

It's a colored picture from the 7th edition army book.

Didn't google the 2nd one but it probably is one too.

It's from the 8th edition army book.

Kinda hard to see what's going on on that one.

Okay, here is another one.

And here is the Slaanesh one, while we are at it.

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,711

They can have a lot of specific units, and have a few shared assets. Plus different mechanism and gameplay.

Where's the problem?

40% of the Khorne faction units are based on existing models/units.
This discussion has been closed.