Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are you telling me this was a lie, CA???

124»

Comments

• XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,902
    Yrellian said:

D E B A C L E
    E B A C L E
    B A C L E
    A C L E
    C L E
    L E
    E

I had hoped I wouldn't need to use my ultimate weapon ever again...

They're just placeholders man, get over it.

Placeholders? :smiley: This one is in a big denial.
    nah dude don't you remember the opening Kislev trailer where they used WH1 Chosen models painted red?
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • ThousandFirefliesThousandFireflies Registered Users Posts: 31
    Mightfo said:

Ok, so judging by things like this...

They can have a lot of specific units, and have a few shared assets. Plus different mechanism and gameplay.

Where's the problem?

So cathay would be ok with colour changed empire troops?

Kislev would be ok with colour changed brettonian troops?

There's a fundamental misunderstanding going on between most of each two camps.

Here's the thing:

One can be upset that Tzeentch mortals are visually unfinished, while realizing that the "The chaos god factions are as diverse from.." statement is probably talking about gameplay diversity and is not a lie.

That's my position. I love Tzeentch and want things like mutation mechanics, often reflected in visuals. I dont like what they've done with the mortals.

But, while still holding that statement, it is easy to see that that CA quote isn't a lie. You can have gameplay diversity even if some visuals are reused.

CA is messing up with the human models so far, but that statement wasnt a lie. These are quite clear.
    i mean, only gameplay we seen was scripted battle from early build
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,120
    This is so low on the “things to **** about” list yet some choose this hill to die on.

Not sure what the final product is.

And it should be NO surprise that Chaos Warriors exist in all the Daemon factions, and Tzeentch twisted people on a WoC roster may also exist on that Daemon’s proper faction.

I’d consider it a waste of assets if Beastmen, Norse, and WoC in particular didn’t have crossover units with the different Greater Daemons
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,916

SerPus said:

What's this then?

Chaos Warriors models painted blue.
    Aka, chaos warriors with the mark of Tzeentch. There are no other models even in AoS.
    As can be seen by the models, those are undivided and have the mark of undivided
    Killertut said:

can we not just wait 3/4 weeks for the "tzeentch introduction" and roster reveal to know what we are getting and how exactly the chaos warriors of tzeentch will look like?

different, unique models? superb, we didnt waste all this energy for demanding better.

same stuff we have seen in these screenshots? now we can get angry and get the pitchforks out and demand ca do redo them.

The sooner we make a fuss the sooner they change them
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,737
    edited September 2021

SerPus said:

What's this then?

Aka, chaos warriors with the mark of Tzeentch. There are no other models even in AoS.
    As can be seen by the models, those are undivided and have the mark of undivided
    Yep, because this model here has no undivided symbols at all:

Also, there's no "mark of undivided" in 8th. You can have one of 4 marks, no mark at all, or all 4 marks (Archaon only).

SerPus said:

What's this then?

Yep, because this model here has no undivided symbols at all:

Also, there's no "mark of undivided" in 8th. You can have one of 4 marks, no mark at all, or all 4 marks (Archaon only).
    But it also has khorne symbols.

The TT ones shown had no Tzeentch symbols
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,952

I love how people have taken that comment that's obviously impossible and nothing but sales puffery so seriously.

That statement is the literal dream of every Chaos of fan, ever. And something they are moving towards in AoS. How else should people have taken it?

I didn’t take it literally, but at the very least I assumed it would mean different mechanics and some different looking chaos warriors. If they aren’t willing to provide new chaos warrior models for what is essentially a brand new unit, they aren’t even satisfying the bare minimum that that statement implied.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,460
    Surge_2 said:

Daemons are diversity.

For some reason this made the song "Change (In the House of Flies)" start playing in my head.
This discussion has been closed.