Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

You think player base asks for too much?

makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
Here are the few quotes from Reddit that will help you shut up these unpleased whiners who are only here to cry:

"This is the nature of a forum. Whiners and ragers are always going to be a vocal minority. Their constant irritation gives them motivation to post that easier-going people just don't have.

In my view CA has earned a lot of trust with the Warhammer franchise. They don't do a perfect job by any means, but these games are already masterful. On top of this they have established a consistent history of retracing their steps to improve already released content.

Perhaps, in the future, there will be a reason to complain about WHIII, but at the moment we are months away from release and only have a handful of marketing releases to leverage. Anyone that is incensed at this point in the process lacks perspective."

"Maybe don't act like a 4 year old"

"i don't think its fair to make CA compete with god damn concept art. at least show the stupid models y'all want it to look like instead of the fantasy artist crap"

"Imagine caring so much about one unit"

"It’s fine guy they will just make mods for them and it will be all good ha"

"Wait....THIS is what the drama about chaos spawn is?? Good lord people"

"mods will sort this **** out, i'm not worried"

"Seriously hope CA won't add any other race, like Ogres, DoW, Khuresh, Legion of Nagash and Chaos Dwarfs. Who cares? Someone will just make mods for them ha"

"Another whine before you have even seen the final product post you say? Why that is such an unusually occurrence on this sub Reddit"

"Cry about it"

"Butthurt Nurgle simps"

Bonus material - quotes from people who actually got some degree.

"5 years for this"

"CA are cutting corners everywhere they can, as if they will charge TWW3 as a 9$ game"

"If everything is a recolor then why can't they give us an Army Painter?"

"You cannot remotely criticize new total war games for being a MOBA on DLC life support and if you do you get banned"

Comments

• PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,123
    I actually read your entire post here and still do not understand what your point is?
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,836
    So Khorne can get unique units with new models/assets, but Tzeentch can't?
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    Pede said:

I actually read your entire post here and still do not understand what your point is?

I guess you got to be a Reddit user to understand the scheme. All these comments is the same thing u see under every posts criticizing CA and so on, its like people got some instruction how to defend their supreme CA masters.
    Amonkhet said:

That's correct, you cannot have good things in life, go pay for Blood DLC in next TW release.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,406
    Always fun to see whiteknights in action

Incredible mental gymnastics they must perform on the regular to convince themselves that their behavior is justifiable lol

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,927
    I know it is annoying but atleast they are not the majority this time.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,718
    Reeks said:

Incredible mental gymnastics they must perform on the regular to convince themselves that their behavior is justifiable lol

The White knights are out in full force.

I hope they at least get meal vouchers or something, or maybe all they need is a like from a CA employee somewhere to keep them going.
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 863
    Yeah i mean, people on forums and stuff tend to be the most critic of the game, if you follow them enough you'll know how this is a fact, even to absurd degrees.

But for the love of god, that example you showed isn't "asking too much". That's simple visual coherency that CA didn't care about, even if the cost for them would've been insignificant. That's not the 100th "TWW is not how i wanted, CA fix it" which, yes, i can see that as excessive, that's literally what the director said in the article ("The Chaos god factions are as diverse from each other as a normal Chaos faction is to the Empire").

There are also other topic you bring in with those comments, like DLC spam, army painters and "mod do it better", which i will not discuss since they seem offtopic.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,057
    Having critism, complaints and giving feedback is fully legit and acceptable.

A few people have taken it way too far though, you don't need to be an **** to deliver critism, complaints and\or feedback.

Reeks said:

Both white and black knights can go choke on a cinnamon roll.
    Amonkhet said:

Every race should get as much unique stuff as possible. Reuse of assets is ok here and there where it makes sense, but atleast give them appropriate models.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,632
    edited September 17
    Chaos Warriors are one of the two most known and distinct symbols of Warhammer Fantasy. Along with the actual Warhammer and whichever Empire Hero is wielding it at the time.

They should be front and centre of every trailer. If you're doing a Monogod roster;

They matter more than recoloured or skinned dogs.
    They matter more than recoloured or skinned minotaurs or any other Beastmen unit.
    They matter more than recoloured or skinned spawn.
    They matter more than recoloured or skinned marauders.
    They matter more than recoloured or skinned furies.
    They matter more than half the Daemon units.

The Warrior of Chaos is as important to Monogods as the Greater and Lesser Demons. For many reasons I'm sure you can surmise yourselves.

I said for aeons that I didn't want Monogods because they'd never be done justice and aren't as different as the chaos die hards liked to imagine they were.

But CA is doing them, so do them right or not at all.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,247
    edited September 17
    Too much? We got these as FLC

Pretty sure it is possible to do the same amount of work on a budget of a full-price game.
    edited September 17
    SerPus said:

Pretty sure it is possible to do the same amount of work on a budget of a full-price game.

Is the forum bugged or did the imagine fail to upload? I just see picture placeholder box.

Edit: Oh it worked inside my quote. Bizarre.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,602
    SerPus said:

Honestly, I think the Mirror Guard model would be perfect Slaanesh warriors if they weren't already in the game.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,211

SerPus said:

Honestly, I think the Mirror Guard model would be perfect Slaanesh warriors if they weren't already in the game.
    Just goi a Realisation..

People jeep that gonna be slannesh own warriors...

SerPus said:

Just goi a Realisation..

People jeep that gonna be slannesh own warriors...
    Use the model for Slaanesh chosen and just change the shields and shine on the armour. Genius.

I'm sure that's exactly what will happen.
  • ZehirutZehirut Registered Users Posts: 82

SerPus said:

I wonder, since it seems the Monogods were always in their plan, why did they give the undivided faction somethings as iconic as Sigvald and the mirror guard?
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,602
    SerPus said:

I'm sure that's exactly what will happen.
    That's fine honestly. I don't care that it's not new, although I would have prefered it.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

Zehirut said:

SerPus said:

I wonder, since it seems the Monogods were always in their plan, why did they give the undivided faction somethings as iconic as Sigvald and the mirror guard?
    Perhaps because they knew they could re-skin it for Slaanesh proper later on. And I'm not sold on that "Sigvald moving to Slaanesh" theory either.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,406
    Laindesh said:

Having critism, complaints and giving feedback is fully legit and acceptable.

A few people have taken it way too far though, you don't need to be an **** to deliver critism, complaints and\or feedback.

Reeks said:

Both white and black knights can go choke on a cinnamon roll
    Preach!
    Both them and the basement dwellers who spew nothing but hate are a cancer on gaming comunities

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!

That's fine honestly.

Of course it is.
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 7,011
    Yeah the Slaanesh Warriors just being pink/purple and gold Mirror Guard seems almost certain and also is completely fine. I don't care about them breaking the bank on aligned warriors as long as they look different than the standard woc unit.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,820

SerPus said:

Eh, I like the Mirror Guards, but I feel like they represent Sigvald more than they represent Slaanesh. They wouldn't look as good in dark colors, and Slaanesh is purple and black, but, more importantly, they are way too slick and pristine and modest to represent servants of the Lord of Excess !

Being so conceited makes sense because their entire role is to play second fiddle to Sigvald, and to have flat, shining surfaces to serve as mirrors. But an actual Slaanesh Warrior should be much more over the top, much more campy, at least with the half-**** half-pec chest piece and the leather straps !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,087
    edited September 17
    makar55 said:

i don't think its fair to make CA compete with god damn concept art. at least show the stupid models y'all want it to look like instead of the fantasy artist crap"

I'm pretty sure the Age of Reckoning concept art is of models that exist in a Warhammer game.

And there are multiple Tzeentchian WoC characters and two other settings to draw inspiration from.

So screw that comment. Especially when CA literally made several new units that are more than just color swaps.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
    I don't think you can ask for too much, say what you want and see what happens, just avoid getting abusive if it doesn't.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 2,602
    Nope. We aren't having threads created to bash on the viewpoints of others.

Express your own views, by all means. Leave other folks alone. We know there are always two camps on these polarising issues. Flinging shade breaks the respect rules. Closed.
This discussion has been closed.