Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unique Knossos map

EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 83
The Thebes, Troy, and Mycenae maps are really neat and the unique building effects are quite fun. Personally, because it's a victory condition city (and it's really cool), I'd like to see them add a map for Knossos. Like Thebes has a unique tier five building Knossos could be given a tier five building like the labyrinth or something else referencing Daedalus, the cities architect. I could potentially see what ever building being minotaur related building that lets you have two or more minotaurs and buffs them like Thebes buffs Spartoi. Lots of potential.

I could see these in game.

Comments

• ChicoperarioChicoperario Registered Users Posts: 209
    Wow really cool. Are those bronze-age architecture?

But wasn't there something about the cities of Crete having no walls? They could make up for that by making the settlement maps more "choke-point"y or have a stronger garrison.
  • EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 83

Wow really cool. Are those bronze-age architecture?

But wasn't there something about the cities of Crete having no walls? They could make up for that by making the settlement maps more "choke-point"y or have a stronger garrison.

That is Bronze age architecture. I'm not sure if it's specifically around the time of the Trojan war, but Knossos is the largest Bronze age archeological site on Crete. It's one of Europe's oldest cites. I'm not sure about cities having no walls, but if so then yes I wouldn't mind them compensating with barricades or choke points and a stronger garrison. A little anachronism also wouldn't be bad. Technically most of the settlement maps bear anachronisms in some form or another for example arrow towers. Mycenean cities at least didn't actually use them, yet I don't mind their inclusion (unless of sieging Mycenae of course XD).
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,404
    Yeah, for me unique Knossos is the most wanted unique city map that I would like to see in the game at some point.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, Morghur the Shadowgave, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    FD: Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Liu Zhang, Sun Ce, Yuan Shao.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED
    RTW: Carthage, Egypt, Greek Cities, Macedon, Scipii, Scythia.
    BI: Eastern Roman Empire, Romano-British, Sarmatians, Slavs.