Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nagash should be a legendary hero. not a LL.

overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,175
As the titles says, I think it makes more sense. Make him more detailed than kroak, with his own unique versions of spells, faction wide buffs and a questline like drychas to unlock. Make him exclusive to characters like Arkhan(slightly modified abilities), Manfred and Neferatta*. (Maybe others vampire counts, not sure on the lore there.)

Give him a quest battle, release him along side the next vc rework

*I mean, come on, she's gonna be the next vc lord.
I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.

Comments

• AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,717
    He might well be a Lord- but either way he is going to be attached to a Lord pack; possibly in a similar way as Ariel.
  • Uagrim#4644Uagrim#4644 Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    You mean "Nagash was weak" manfred should have access to nagash?

Disagree Nagash should be a lord of his own.
  • DeadpoolSW#7283DeadpoolSW#7283 Registered Users Posts: 3,151
    Oh yes, the veritable god of undeath should just bend the knee to any old vampire. He should be a LL leading his own race of undead elites, with the ability to confederate most other undead LLs.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,175

He might well be a Lord- but either way he is going to be attached to a Lord pack; possibly in a similar way as Ariel.

That's what I was thinking, like Ariel or Coeddil. They are better as they are. Kroak wouldn't have worked as a legendary lord, he's too strong and from what I understand nagash is meant to be pretty op.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,865
    She won't be if Nagash get's his own race pack.

But that's what this thread is really about isn't it. You don't actually care if Nagash is a LH. You just want Neferata for the VC. Be honest.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • Loreguy#1056Loreguy#1056 Registered Users Posts: 1,853
    Nagash does not serve. He is supreme lord of undead.
    Loreguy said:

You're going to be in for a shock when you find out Lord Kroak is a LH.
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,886

Character that can only cast one spell isn't a very fun LL, to be honest.
  • Uagrim#4644Uagrim#4644 Registered Users Posts: 2,099

Loreguy said:

Lord Kroak has the problem that he is in a dead state and doesn't communicate much with anyone anymore.
    Uagrim said:

Loreguy said:

Lord Kroak has the problem that he is in a dead state and doesn't communicate much with anyone anymore.
    I know that. It wasn't the point I was making, obviously.
  • Xenos777Xenos777 Registered Users Posts: 8,038
    Arkhan makes some sense, but absolutely not Mannfred or Vlad.
  • Leping#7906Leping#7906 Registered Users Posts: 621
    And Ariel is basicaly a queen but LH

Nagash can be one with no problem because he can't have is own race without boring rip of all the Tomb king/VC content
  • Xenos777Xenos777 Registered Users Posts: 8,038

Loreguy said:

Lord Kroak isn't really a character, he's a magical relic. It's like a crusader army bringing into battle the mummified body of a saint pope. Technically they think of him as the highest authority on the field, but it's just a metaphysical thing.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,622

Loreguy said:

Wait, was Kroak also supreme lord of the undead?

------Red Dox
  • Labria#2848Labria#2848 Registered Users Posts: 2,234
    If Nagash will be just boring legendary hero. Who will lead Nagashizzar faction on map?
    It make more sense to add him as legendary lord for Tomb Kings together with his books and Arkhan the Black.

I just hope CA will not waste race slot with Nagash race or similar nonsense. We have many better options for new DLC races than boring random mix of Tomb Kings/Vampire Count units without own theme.
  • Loreguy#1056Loreguy#1056 Registered Users Posts: 1,853

Loreguy said:

I am shocked! :smiley:

It seems that Lord (as social status) and Lord (as game classification of an unit) are two different thing!

Nagash should be lord tho.
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,886
    Labria said:

It make more sense to add him as legendary lord for Tomb Kings

That doesn't make any sense.
    Red_Dox said:

Loreguy said:

Wait, was Kroak also supreme lord of the undead?

------Red Dox
    You can't all be this dense.

Try again. I believe in you.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,483
    No, characters like Kroak and Ariel make sense to be LH because the first one is dead and can't lead while Ariel is in charge of ruling the forest, not the armies, she going to war is an exception, not the rule.

Meanwhile, Nagash is more than capable of leading armies and he is not going to take a sit and watch others do everything, once he resurrected, he went bananas eating God's of Death, him going on campaigns is not rare.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 4,126
    Another disagree farmer I see
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!

She won't be if Nagash get's his own race pack.

But that's what this thread is really about isn't it. You don't actually care if Nagash is a LH. You just want Neferata for the VC. Be honest.

I don't really have a favorite, I only know what I learned from book of choyer on YT. I really think this is logical.

But I'd be lying if I said from what I do know neferata would be a cool lord. I just like the idea of nagash being in the realm of kroak, something cool for the faction.
    Xenos7777 said:

Arkhan makes some sense, but absolutely not Mannfred or Vlad.

I swear I just saw a book release where manfred worked with arkhan to resurrect nagash
  • peabodyestate#9505peabodyestate#9505 Registered Users Posts: 1,595
    No no no no no no no there's no limit!
  • General_Hijalti#1213General_Hijalti#1213 Registered Users Posts: 5,430

Loreguy said:

Last time I checked kroak couldn't command anything and just directed his skink attendants to take him to where he need to be
  • LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,229
    No. That's like having Settra serve tables at Denny's.
    It's a beta.
  • mdgh1991#3091mdgh1991#3091 Registered Users Posts: 518
    edited September 2021
    Nagash MUST be a LL leads his very own race. Anything else is totally unacceptable in Nagash lovers opinion. Do you understand, mate?
  • Ekix#9944Ekix#9944 Registered Users Posts: 1,992
    Undead Legion is a new race even firmer to exist than Cathay in Old World, its been pointed by GW since the split of undead armybook at 4th edition. Nagash must be the first LL of this new race, along 3 of his more powerful and loreful mortach: Drachenfels, Neferata, and Dieter Helsnicht. Maybe a flc for Walack Harkon, he also was a mortach..

Nagash didn't had a necrach or a strigoi bloodline LLs as his mortach, and I dont think VC get more than 2 LLs more, that's why the DLC for VC should be necrarch +flc strigoi (Zacharias or Melkhior + Vorag or The Black Prince) Maybe also Red Duke and Nitocris, to have one of every bloodline.

The op should think better about completion of great names from all undead lore before suggesting silly things. Nagash is a great opportunity to create new mechanics for manipulative scheming LLs like Nagash, Neferata and Drachenfels always have been in lore. They are perfect to be together and if you want a Lahmia in VC, there's plenty of other names that are very interesting in Lahmia bloodline.

Do you prefer Neferata to have more elite units? then aim to have her with Nagash, and Undead Legion, easy.

new Undead Legion:
    Nagash (unlockable for beating game with Undead Legion)
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata
    Dread King or Walach Harkon

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

• Evenrider#8471Evenrider#8471 Registered Users Posts: 23
    Equix said:

Nagash must be the first LL of this new race, along 3 of his more powerful and loreful mortach: Drachenfels, Neferata, and Dieter Helsnicht. Maybe a flc for Walack Harkon, he also was a mortach..

Arkhan the black is the most loyal follower of Nagash. He is one of the first 3 mortarch (together with Neferata and Krell). To some of the named units from end times Arkhan is named in the story of that units (Nagashizzar Guard). If someone needs access to Nagash's legion roster it's Arkhan the black. But he is now a TK LL with some VC units.

Sure they can change that and there might be some LL to replace him, but if i only bought the TK dlc, do i get access to the new TK lord in TWW3 or to both races with Arkhan as LoN LL and the other TKs? Same with the LoN campaign pack, do i get access to 3 LoN LL and 1 TK LL but not Arkhan?

CA can change much but if they change something and rip characters out of dlcs/races/... there are allways people who will be angry.
    Just think of it, you bought the TK dlc to play Arkhan and in TWW3 you have to buy another dlc to play him, because he is now in another race.

The idea with LoN can mostly work if the other LLs in that race fight vs Nagash/dont care about him at all. So Nagash would be the LL in LoN what Arkhan is in the TK dlc. Then Arkhan wouldn't have the highest priority as the most loyal follower.
  • PPerunPPerun Registered Users Posts: 366
    I do agree with the OP and think its a misconception that (legendary) heroes necessarily have to be lower in hierarchy than lords.
    In contrary, those can be so important that leading troops is totally below them. To emphasise that, Nagash can be given a very powerful blue skills line boosting the entire faction
  • GloatingSwine#8098GloatingSwine#8098 Registered Users Posts: 2,686
    Nagash should be in charge of whatever faction he is in.

I think the ideal way of doing him would be to have him as his own faction with a basic unit roster and powerful lords and heroes, but give him Meneleus' faction mechanic from Troy where he can vassalise any Undead faction and by vassalising them get access to units from their rosters (with some incentive to collect more than one of each). So by the end he would have a combined roster from all of the current Undead factions.