Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dogs of War or Legion of Nagash?

PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,910
Which one of these two factions/races is the more likely to come in WH III?

@ArneSo @Fingolfin_the-Golden @Maelas
The Ogres are coming to get ya!

Proud DC/Marvel/Vertigo comics fan.

Grimdark is overrated.

Comments

• ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    Legion of nagash bc itd not just a joke of a more humorous warhammer era
  • korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 450
    ASyrian said:

sure

• MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,646
    Dogs of War, because it's not just a joke of one character stretched into a whole faction.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let it be known that I was foolish enough to doubt UberReptilian, who, in her infinite wisdom, predicted that the Ogre Kingdoms would be the preorder bonus before even the Ogre Mercenary FLC for Warhammer II. This signature will stand as a monument to my shame. Woe upon me!
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 942
    Legions of nagash is more likely and my preference but I'd like to see both.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,910
    ASyrian said:

I'm a big undead fan but i also love quirky multi-racial mercenaries from Fantasy Italy.

It's hard to choose.

@Equix

Grimdark is overrated.

ASyrian said:

sure

Pre-6th edition Warhammer best hammer.

Grimdark is overrated.
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,212
    I think Legions of Nagash is more likely.

• Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,242
    The Dogs of War definitely. They undeniably would have a extremely unique campaign, and have the potential for new playstyles. And there are places on the map that couldn't be filled properly without them. These are the most important factors for CA and it's why we have races like vampire coast and cathay as core. Because they made use of large sections of the map.

A Nagash race doesn't functionally add anything of value to the game we wouldn't have otherwise. They overlap with vampire counts significantly both in potential units and campaign mechanics. And only have a single city that is actually associated with them specifically and can easily be filled by other undead races and it still be pretty loreful.

I always like to ask the question. Without Nagash himself what would the race actually add to the game? I still haven't gotten a decent answer.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,316
    edited September 22
    Nagash is more likely just due to location and being thematically appropriate to the apocalyptic narrative.

DoW is one of the less likely Races overall. CA had plenty of opportunities to get around to them that were more fitting than now. We've seen everything from the Southern Realms diplomacy subdivisions, to adding Sartosa to Tomb King cinematic helmets, Pigbarter, New World Colonies, Dogbert's stream meme, etc. etc. etc. As CA has passed on those opportunities over and over and the game has moved further and further from their thematic and territorial homelands, their chances have DECREASED. Not gone up because *they have a minor lore blurb start location left guys!!! Hyyyype*

The newly implemented mercenary system is DoW last best hope. I think it's WAY more likely that the selection of available mercenaries will be expanded upon to include way more than just Ogres. In this way, DoW mightvmake it in as a mechanic, not a Race.

Meanwhile, as CA expands the map and references to the South of Cathay, I think the chances of these new Eastern Races only continues to climb.

So we might very well be looking at a situation where Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs are the only "basically confirmed" Races left. After that, Nagash, Nippon, Ind, and Khuresh are fighting for a slot in a close race.

And DoW ^ are behind all of that in their Race chances. Their chances as a mechanic however are much higher!
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,904
    I think Legion of Nagash because:

1. Nagash has been hinted at in several Vortex epilogues
    2. He has an obvious start position that should be in the game 3 map
    3. As much as I'd like to (and expect to) see Dogs of War at some point, the obvious time to introduce them would have been game 1/2
    4. I really, really want to see Legion of Nagash
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 1,096
    Nagash, because the second lords (who would also be able to become Race leader) is Drachenfels/Nameless is my favourite and they could work upon a system where you have dilema giving you access to the Mortarch when you vassalize/confederate the proper faction
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,563
    Dogs of War, Nagash wont bring anything fun besides OP undeadz

Dogs of war bring you a roster mix of races, guys like DaVinci!

Paymaster, that fat guy that travels with money.

etc.

Dogs of War is literally 5000% more interesting as a race than Nagash.

He should come last.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

• HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,448
    Well considering one of Cathay's LL starts in the one city everyone talked about as being a DoW start position, I think their chances have dropped.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,246
    Dogs of War- an actual tabletop army with miniatures, rules, units and dozens of characters.

Nagash- a fan fiction race designed around a single character literally designed as a joke. One unit (which really belongs in AoS).

I know which one should be most likely...
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,563

Dogs of War- an actual tabletop army with miniatures, rules, units and dozens of characters.

Nagash- a fan fiction race designed around a single character literally designed as a joke. One unit (which really belongs in AoS).

you always have a clear mind and good ideas.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

• avvveavvve Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 374
    Who isnt a Dog person?

Nagash is the biggest Warhammer villain after the chaos gods you know.

Grimdark is overrated.
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,255
    Nagash no contest. WH posterboy vs semi relevant boredom.

I understand some people like DoW, i'm not against it and for sure would buy it but only after all the goodies are out.
  • BoriaBoria Registered Users Posts: 401
    None, from what I am seeing. CA has shied away from Race packs, I don't think they will be available.
    Boria said:

None, from what I am seeing. CA has shied away from Race packs, I don't think they will be available.

Are you serious? You don't think we are getting new races post release?
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    edited September 22
    Dogs of War is obvious choice. After all, this race have own army book with lots of unique units and characters. I can imagine CA and GW can expand this race with stuff like Da Vinci machines, Conquistadors, Roman Legions etc.

We need to get rid of Empire placehold factions in Southern Realms area. Pigbarter and the Sentinels are perfect place for Dogs of War legendary lords in Darklands. Also, I can imagine Dogs of War will get a few new colonies on Far East.

I don't see any potential in Nagash race. Why we even need another race to just add one character to the game? After all, Nagash can be easy part of Tomb Kings without any problem.
    Even something like Nippon, Ind, Hobgoblins, Norse Dwarfs or Khuresh can offer more than Nagash race.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,893
    Labria said:

After all, Nagash can be easy part of Tomb Kings without any problem.

"Let's add the Great Necromancer to the race that doesn't do necromancy."
    Great plan.
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 1,096
    Nagash would also be able to make another End Time scenario like there is in the combined map (where currently it's the Chaos Horde, this time it would be an Undead tide)
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,316
    Boria said:

The Race Packs only slow down a little after post release because they require more development work than a Lord Pack...not because they don't sell well.

When the bulk of the staff is committed to post-launch support, they have no problem pulling that scope off and raking in those sales.

As the next full size titles come out of pre-production and starts to require more hands on work, then yeah, I imagine they pull people away from post-launch support and move them over to the new title....the smaller crew that's left behind is probably more comfortable with 'Lord Pack' sized projects.

But it's NOT like CA has their next full title waiting for imminent release! We definitely have a solid window of time where Game 3 is going to be CA's primary priority, before they go full steam on their next game. So we will ABSOLUTELY get new Races during that window.

The much bigger question is HOW MANY Races will we get before they switch gears. How long will that window last? Not *will we get any?*. It's way more of a: Will we get 2? 3? 4? Who knows.
    Labria said:

Dogs of War is obvious choice. After all, this race have own army book with lots of unique units and characters. I can imagine CA and GW can expand this race with stuff like Da Vinci, conquistadors, Roman Legions etc.

We need to get rid of Empire placehold factions in Southern Realms area. Pigbarter and the Sentinels are perfect place for Dogs of War legendary lords in Darklands. Also, I can imagine Dogs of War will get a few new colonies on Far East.

I don't see any potential in Nagash race. Why we even need another race to just add one character to the game? After all, Nagash can be easy part of Tomb Kings without any problem.
    Even something like Nippon, Ind, Hobgoblins, Norse Dwarfs or Khuresh can offer more than Nagash race.

And what about Constant ''The Nameless'' Drachenfels?

Grimdark is overrated.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183
    They both have a lot of ground to justify being included. DoW would finally remove the last placeholder of the entire trilogy, and paymasters got namedropped by CA. Nagash was teased profusely in epilogues.

If it's gonna be one or the other, it's gonna be Nagash, of course, not that it pleases me. But he's the bigger name, and the bigger draw. Plus, the fact that the Coast epilogues mentions both him and the Nameless do point toward a full Race and not just a LL, especially as Nefty is also missing.

But Nagash being added doesn't necessarily spell doom for DoW ! We could have Ogres as pre-order, CDs and Nagash as campaign packs, and DoW as a bretonnia-like FLC race !
    Maelas said:

They both have a lot of ground to justify being included. DoW would finally remove the last placeholder of the entire trilogy, and paymasters got namedropped by CA. Nagash was teased profusely in epilogues.

If it's gonna be one or the other, it's gonna be Nagash, of course, not that it pleases me. But he's the bigger name, and the bigger draw. Plus, the fact that the Coast epilogues mentions both him and the Nameless do point toward a full Race and not just a LL, especially as Nefty is also missing.

But Nagash being added doesn't necessarily spell doom for DoW ! We could have Ogres as pre-order, CDs and Nagash as campaign packs, and DoW as a bretonnia-like FLC race !

Is Paymaster a hero or lord unit?

Grimdark is overrated.
    edited September 22
    Maelas said:

I still like the idea of DoW being a sort of FLC for the combined map

Maelas said:

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,656
    edited September 22
    Nagash is my favourite character in the whole setting and yes, I did have his old model when I played TT and I thought it was awesome but... the TES factions stand out as being pretty much the only placeholder races in the game now Kislev is getting coloured in. That and now The Old World is coming with a more global and less restricted view of various factions I reckon GW will be more inclined to okay their inclusion.

Still want to see bone daddy nagash tho.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Stung by people disagreeing with you? Try calling them shills and whiteknights, it's way easier than debating.

Maelas said:

I still like the idea of DoW being a sort of FLC for the combined map

Maelas said:

I think there's a Merchant Prince as its lord version, or maybe that's just the fan made armybook for DoW.

Grimdark is overrated.