Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who is Miao Ying?

Comments

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,656

She is Meow Meow Ying for me o:)

Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Stung by people disagreeing with you? Try calling them shills and whiteknights, it's way easier than debating.
  • Shomy93ssShomy93ss Registered Users Posts: 72

I actually feel like following the marketing for this game is a waste of time. And that CA is wasting my time.

I'm probably just going to stick to the trailers from now on.

The blogs show nothing, the posters show nothing, the interviewers speak of promises that remain ignored, forgotten or unfulfilled.

It would have been nice if we got some hint about other siblings in east and south with mentions of Nippon and Khuresh or what is Miao or Zhao thoughts on Ogres and Skaven(maybe even Hobgoblins mention) instead of this that we know.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,301
    Cathayan water torture….drip……drip…….drip
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,872
    CA_Andy said:

Malruir said:

Let me guess: Next week we'll learn that Zhao Ming rules the western provinces, where he has to deal with skaven and ogres. We will also learn that he is a talented alchemist and that his mind has been damaged a bit, which worries the other siblings a lot. Oh, and he is different from his sister in the north.

We will also learn about how Andy Hall has a son who is really into his chemistry and was/is really popular at school.
    I do have a son. He's not into chemistry, more's the pity.
    Feel free to reply to any of the lore questions in the thread as well.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,877
    CA_Andy said:

Does he like warpstone?
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,850

Pretty sure we learnt more about Andy Hall here then Miao Ying...

Anyway whatever - bit of a waste of time... but not like we don't have plenty of time to spare between now and "Early 2022".

I hope people check their expectations. People expecting intimate details every week are setting up for disappointment and frankly are not being realistic. This whole expectation of news every week is not sustainable (by us or CA).

It’s been 2 weeks and already showing signs of annoyance from the community (FYI this comment isn’t stating the annoyance is warranted or not).
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,877
    hendo1592 said:

It’s been 2 weeks and already showing signs of annoyance from the community

I wonder why. Maybe because there is a gameplay trailer that GW teased more than a week ago, and all we get is "cold and aloof"?
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    SerPus said:

hendo1592 said:

I wonder why. Maybe because there is a gameplay trailer that GW teased more than a week ago, and all we get is "cold and aloof"?
    Hendo spends so much time criticising the criticism you'd think he'd have caught on by now.

SerPus said:

hendo1592 said:

Hendo spends so much time criticising the criticism you'd think he'd have caught on by now.
    Not what I said at all. Actually said none of what I said is saying people should or shouldn’t be annoyed. Just that in combination of what we have seen in the past- the expectations of (intimate) details every week is setting up for a real **** show. Is that clear enough for you?
    SerPus said:

hendo1592 said:

Yup- this wasn’t news. And my comment wasn’t surprised by the annoyance or stating that it is or is not warranted.
    hendo1592 said:

SerPus said:

hendo1592 said:

Not what I said at all. Actually said none of what I said is saying people should or shouldn’t be annoyed. Just that in combination of what we have seen in the past- the expectations of (intimate) details every week is setting up for a real **** show. Is that clear enough for you?
    Yes, channel that hate. Now say something negative about the game.

Go on, you're so close. I believe in you.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,459
    Killertut said:

I must admit I'm starting to get annoyed with this... it's the 23rd of September and we have had 1 trailer and maybe 1/2 blog posts...

What happened to this...

i assume preorder race will be revealed in january, as the game will most likely release in may.
    Wha? Going from releasing this year to May as "early 2022"? I'm sorry but where are you pulling that from?
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,871
    Goatforce said:

Killertut said:

I must admit I'm starting to get annoyed with this... it's the 23rd of September and we have had 1 trailer and maybe 1/2 blog posts...

What happened to this...

i assume preorder race will be revealed in january, as the game will most likely release in may.
    Wha? Going from releasing this year to May as "early 2022"? I'm sorry but where are you pulling that from?
    May being considered as "early 2022" by CA is very plausible.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792

Xypha said:

This game must be in a very sorry state if this is the most they can give us about the game.
    it is almost as if giving some factual info about characters and or units is not possible.

I wonder if 5-6 delay months will be enough at this point.

It just so happens that today, Wednesday this is what they wanted to share, tomorrow we should get more info on her brother and the day after maybe more. What were you expecting today?
    I mean we aren't getting any more news until next week now and it'll likely be a similar article about her brother with barely any info. I like the frequent blogs but this had like no substance
    I don't know how much we are getting or not getting and not forgetting the majority of people aren't waiting at the back door like crack addicts. You can't design a marketing strategy around such people.
  • Pappa_FraPappa_Fra Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 131
    Neodeinos said:

May being considered as "early 2022" by CA is very plausible.

I’d say if this is the pace of news delivery then it’s definitely looking like the later part of early 😂

hendo1592 said:

SerPus said:

hendo1592 said:

Yes, channel that hate. Now say something negative about the game.

Go on, you're so close. I believe in you.
    I’ve critiqued the game plenty. I don’t go full Kermit the frog, like some, but I do voice frustrations. If I have to stomp my feet or degrade someone in the process, well..that’s simply not my style (or at least I try to avoid that). I’ll let others take that approach 😐.

Just because I identify an issue doesn’t mean I am picking a side. Everything isn’t black and white- people's perspectives are more complicated than that. I thought you would understand that, especially from the recent discussion on the expectations on mortal warriors' appearances in the demon rosters.
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 378
    When it comes to CA you should always expect the absolute latest possible deadline.
  • ChristianSpartaChristianSparta Registered Users Posts: 153
    Sieges when?
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,394
    Today's blog post was the worst clickbait I did click in my life. Irresponsible empty news.

new Undead Legion Nagash, The Nameless, Dieter Helsnicht and Undead Hag or Dragon Empress LL (kislev or cathay mortach).

MONOBLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken
    /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep
    /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash
    /Lahmia:zNeferata, Nitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

Tomb Kings:
    Apophas
    (Craddles of Serpents (new race)) Ind+Amazons+Kuresh Together
    /Fishmen and Sea ElvesFishmen with a few Sea Elves.
    Ogre Kingdoms with gut magic and a Gnobblar LL
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 2,016

Xypha said:

This game must be in a very sorry state if this is the most they can give us about the game.
    it is almost as if giving some factual info about characters and or units is not possible.

I wonder if 5-6 delay months will be enough at this point.

It just so happens that today, Wednesday this is what they wanted to share, tomorrow we should get more info on her brother and the day after maybe more. What were you expecting today?
    I mean we aren't getting any more news until next week now and it'll likely be a similar article about her brother with barely any info. I like the frequent blogs but this had like no substance
    I don't know how much we are getting or not getting and not forgetting the majority of people aren't waiting at the back door like crack addicts. You can't design a marketing strategy around such people.
    Well they could and I for one support your revolutionary marketing suggestion.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 986
    I want my sieges news ! Will it be this month ? or next ?
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,984
    Meow Ying.

Now you've seen it. And it will never be unseen.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,415
    Itharus said:

Meow Ying.

Now you've seen it. And it will never be unseen.

Jokes on you, I've got a handle of bourbon I can unsee whatever I want.

Sieges when?

Early 2022. Seems like the answer for everything.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,656
    edited September 23
    CA_Andy said:

Malruir said:

Let me guess: Next week we'll learn that Zhao Ming rules the western provinces, where he has to deal with skaven and ogres. We will also learn that he is a talented alchemist and that his mind has been damaged a bit, which worries the other siblings a lot. Oh, and he is different from his sister in the north.

We will also learn about how Andy Hall has a son who is really into his chemistry and was/is really popular at school.
    Now be honest, is Miao Ying's name inspired by Wang Chi's fiance from Big trouble in Little China? If so I insist we have a Lo Pan character.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Stung by people disagreeing with you? Try calling them shills and whiteknights, it's way easier than debating.
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 584
    Who dare to call Settra a Villain?

Just as planned

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,984
    Wait... did Andy Hall ditch GW for CA? I'm confused.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,980

CA_Andy said:

Malruir said:

Feel free to reply to any of the lore questions in the thread as well.
    After today’s pointless clickbait of an interview, I’m beginning to think CA doesn’t actually have any detailed background to actually share with us.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,158

I actually feel like following the marketing for this game is a waste of time. And that CA is wasting my time.

I'm probably just going to stick to the trailers from now on.

The blogs show nothing, the posters show nothing, the interviewers speak of promises that remain ignored, forgotten or unfulfilled.

Pretty much this I am thinking of removing Total War from social medias to forget about it completely, waste of time. Luckily Diablo 2 Resurrected is out!
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg