Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Whats wrong with your guys?

FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313
One simple question...

I don´t get the forum anymore. for weeks all you asked for news. We know that Cathay will be the next race to be shown and now?

All you do is complain that Cathay gets to much attention.

That Catahy is to shiny,to good etc.

That the news we get is not enough.

The Chaos is screwed over when we didn´t see the roster for 3 of the 4 chaos gods. (tzeenth doesn´t count at the moment for me)

And don´t get me started on the conspiracy theories, this so calles "white knights of CA", the woke, sexixmus and racisit crap which is going on the last few days...

Honestly what is wrong in you life to be so negative all the time...

PS: The recolored Chaos Warriors are bad. I agree here just to be clear. But this doesn´t warrant such negativity.

I expect that this will be closed shortly because this will be derayled be quick with your reasons.

Comments

• ElkantroElkantro Registered Users Posts: 34
    theyre the normal fandom base, being toxic and cant be denied cause they everytime have the reason. Its kinda funny
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,550
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 4,612
    edited September 2021
    I am excited for Ogre Kingdoms and Kislev.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 34,661
    edited September 2021
    It's the internet.

I just sort of laugh at it.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

It's the internet.

You looked cooler with your Dwarf avatar.
    It's simple marketing. 2 billion people in China, why would CA not capitalise on making a Chinese themed faction?
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313

It's the internet.

The first 2-3 days it was funny but now?

A few month ago we speculate here about Lords and the map. Now most topics are about complains. :(

I think i will stick with discord for a while. Much more chill there.
    Ferestor said:

It's the internet.

A few month ago we speculate here about Lords and the map. Now most topics are about complains. :(

DIscord is full of cookie cutters, the real rebels live here.

In all seriousness, the backlash really started when the delay of the game was announced.
  • WelshMeatballWelshMeatball Registered Users Posts: 269
    I only see threads complaining there is not enough information.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,396
    I personally just shrugged it off. Eventually those who like Cathay (me included) are the ones who win.
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    Whats wrong about that? I mean seriously. It's just a feedback.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464
    Ferestor said:

It's the internet.

So you are complaining about people ranting about the news being fluff, drip feeds and unsatisfactory for a product CA is trying to sell.

Oh I see, you came from discord, that explains everything. You came here expecting everyone to sing Kumbaya. Do you also have any other excuse, stuff like ''this marketing isn't for newcomers, it is for new players?''. It might have worked in the past, but I don't know a lot of casuals looking for re-repeated Lore and how Meow Ying is ''aloof'' .
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,484
    Most of us is behaving though, most of the critic CA has received has been genuine.

Of course, humanity being what it is, we get a few people from the worse spectrum trying to stir trouble or just being jackasses.

Thats just how life is.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,126
    Ferestor said:

Well, we still don't know how aloof Meow really is.
    KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

It's the internet.

So you are complaining about people ranting about the news being fluff, drip feeds and unsatisfactory for a product CA is trying to sell.

Oh I see, you came from discord, that explains everything. You came here expecting everyone to sing Kumbaya. Do you also have any other excuse, stuff like ''this marketing isn't for newcomers, it is for new players?''. It might have worked in the past, but I don't know a lot of casuals looking for re-repeated Lore and how Meow Ying is ''aloof'' .
    First I was here first before discord.

Second critisim is okay but what is happening here is ridiculous. Everyday the same topics. And if you don´t like how CA gives us news then its fine. But to say there incompetent and stupid is just childish.

As i said a few month ago the forum where much better.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,396
    I think I will be using "aloof" more often now in my daily conversations
  • TancredQuenellesTancredQuenelles Registered Users Posts: 1,014
    Because at the moment we know nothing but the trailer and they are repeating the things we already know who is the stor, dragon was told week before and they repeat it as a separate news yesterday instead of some new stuff to know. It's embarrassing and disgusting advertisement that's what makes people angry
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,342

It's simple marketing. 2 billion people in China, why would CA not capitalise on making a Chinese themed faction?

Implying China doesn't fudge their population statistics.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
    Ferestor said:

KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

It's the internet.

Second critisim is okay but what is happening here is ridiculous. Everyday the same topics. And if you don´t like how CA gives us news then its fine. But to say there incompetent and stupid is just childish.

When Lucibuis and Veresh were still here, this place was the best.

Still miss those two legends.
    Ferestor said:

KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

It's the internet.

Well every day there are the same topics because the people at CA are not giving consistent news. You think people that are interested in monos got their info? Barely. They don't even know their campaign mechanics on the map.

Do you think the people NOT interested in Chaos but in sieges and diplomacy got their info? still no.

What about the pre-order? Oh right, ''soon''.

CA is happily asking for $60 but they make 0 effort to show what you are paying for. I also don't believe in this BS called ''GW is forcing them to keep silence'', if that was the case the game would not have been allowed to be pre-ordered in February 2021.
    KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

It's the internet.

Well every day there are the same topics because the people at CA are not giving consistent news. You think people that are interested in monos got their info? Barely. They don't even know their campaign mechanics on the map.

Do you think the people NOT interested in Chaos but in sieges and diplomacy got their info? still no.

CA is happily asking for $60 but they make 0 effort to show what you are paying for. I also don't believe in this BS called ''GW is forcing them to keep silence'', if that was the case the game would not have been allowed to be pre-ordered in February 2021.
    Fair points.

But we will get the infos before release we just need to be patience.

Ferestor said:

KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

It's the internet.

When Lucibuis and Veresh were still here, this place was the best.

Still miss those two legends.
    It was annoying but fun times...the daily HE/WE topics...
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,014
    I think the delay and blue tzeentch warrior combo gutted all the positive people left.

That said I think cathay seems awesome and I think most of the forum agrees with that.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 839
    I just want my unique looking Tzeentch warriors
    Bayes said:

I think the delay and blue tzeentch warrior combo gutted all the positive people left.

That said I think cathay seems awesome and I think most of the forum agrees with that.

Honestly the delay was not much of a surprise. We all hoped for a 21 release but most of us expected the delay.

The recolor is a fair point and understandable. for me doesnt warrant the hard reaction through.
    Ferestor said:

KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

It's the internet.

Fair points.

Which is when? We don't know because CA are never consistent with their plans. Look at the delay situation. They waited until people were borderline getting their pitchforks to announce it and made sure to release Cathay trailer to appease them on the side.

Biggest developer in UK and can't be bothered to have a decent timeline regarding news. I have seen better from indie devs that kickstarted games, and that says something.

I would have preferred they released all the info at once so all the criticism gets out, still keep the delay and use that time to fix w/e and in the meantime fix based on criticism. The fact their video that was supposed to appease fans generated another issue ''the blue warrior Tzeentch re-used model'' spells badly for them.

It also begs the question what they have been doing for the past years, considering how much copy paste they did.
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,014
    Ferestor said:

Bayes said:

Honestly the delay was not much of a surprise. We all hoped for a 21 release but most of us expected the delay.

The recolor is a fair point and understandable. for me doesnt warrant the hard reaction through.
    Most of us did not expect a delay, atleast not on the forums. I think anyone who has been around the last month or two can attest to that.

And all CA has to do is to say they are working on it or something when it comes to the recolour, and if they do not plan to I think what we have seen so far and more is totally justified
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,382
    MOM!!! People on the internet are having diffirent standards from me and complain a lot!!! I just showed them by creating a complaining thread!

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
    KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

It's the internet.

Fair points.

Which is when? We don't know because CA are never consistent with their plans. Look at the delay situation. They waited until people were borderline getting their pitchforks to announce it and made sure to release Cathay trailer to appease them on the side.

Biggest developer in UK and can't be bothered to have a decent timeline regarding news. I have seen better from indie devs that kickstarted games, and that says something.

I would have preferred they released all the info at once so all the criticism gets out, still keep the delay and use that time to fix w/e and in the meantime fix based on criticism. The fact their video that was supposed to appease fans generated another issue ''the blue warrior Tzeentch re-used model'' spells badly for them.

It also begs the question what they have been doing for the past years, considering how much copy paste they did.
    in the coming weeks to the relaese like every other game they released.

The marketing is nothing new, just that they strarted to early i think. Maybe they released the trailer because of the leak, but thats just speculations.

I get your point. I see that you want all infos at once, but not all of us like this approche.
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 586
    Ferestor said:

One simple question...

I don´t get the forum anymore. for weeks all you asked for news. We know that Cathay will be the next race to be shown and now?

All you do is complain that Cathay gets to much attention.

That Catahy is to shiny,to good etc.

The Chaos is screwed over when we didn´t see the roster for 3 of the 4 chaos gods. (tzeenth doesn´t count at the moment for me)

And don´t get me started on the conspiracy theories, this so calles "white knights of CA", the woke, sexixmus and racisit crap which is going on the last few days...

Honestly what is wrong in you life to be so negative all the time...

PS: The recolored Chaos Warriors are bad. I agree here just to be clear. But this doesn´t warrant such negativity.

I expect that this will be closed shortly because this will be derayled be quick with your reasons.

This post radiated Beta energy. Probably a degenerate Slannesh Cultist too.