Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Whats wrong with your guys?

24

Comments

  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,060
    Ferestor said:

    KronusX said:

    Ferestor said:

    KronusX said:

    Ferestor said:

    KronusX said:

    Ferestor said:

    It's the internet.

    I just sort of laugh at it.

    The first 2-3 days it was funny but now?

    A few month ago we speculate here about Lords and the map. Now most topics are about complains. :(

    I think i will stick with discord for a while. Much more chill there.
    So you are complaining about people ranting about the news being fluff, drip feeds and unsatisfactory for a product CA is trying to sell.

    Oh I see, you came from discord, that explains everything. You came here expecting everyone to sing Kumbaya. Do you also have any other excuse, stuff like ''this marketing isn't for newcomers, it is for new players?''. It might have worked in the past, but I don't know a lot of casuals looking for re-repeated Lore and how Meow Ying is ''aloof'' .
    First I was here first before discord.

    Second critisim is okay but what is happening here is ridiculous. Everyday the same topics. And if you don´t like how CA gives us news then its fine. But to say there incompetent and stupid is just childish.

    As i said a few month ago the forum where much better.
    Well every day there are the same topics because the people at CA are not giving consistent news. You think people that are interested in monos got their info? Barely. They don't even know their campaign mechanics on the map.

    Do you think the people NOT interested in Chaos but in sieges and diplomacy got their info? still no.

    What about the pre-order? Oh right, ''soon''.

    CA is happily asking for $60 but they make 0 effort to show what you are paying for. I also don't believe in this BS called ''GW is forcing them to keep silence'', if that was the case the game would not have been allowed to be pre-ordered in February 2021.
    Fair points.

    But we will get the infos before release we just need to be patience.
    Which is when? We don't know because CA are never consistent with their plans. Look at the delay situation. They waited until people were borderline getting their pitchforks to announce it and made sure to release Cathay trailer to appease them on the side.

    Biggest developer in UK and can't be bothered to have a decent timeline regarding news. I have seen better from indie devs that kickstarted games, and that says something.

    I would have preferred they released all the info at once so all the criticism gets out, still keep the delay and use that time to fix w/e and in the meantime fix based on criticism. The fact their video that was supposed to appease fans generated another issue ''the blue warrior Tzeentch re-used model'' spells badly for them.

    It also begs the question what they have been doing for the past years, considering how much copy paste they did.
    in the coming weeks to the relaese like every other game they released.

    The marketing is nothing new, just that they strarted to early i think. Maybe they released the trailer because of the leak, but thats just speculations.

    I get your point. I see that you want all infos at once, but not all of us like this approche.
    The thing is...the other games didn't drag their pre-order bonus for 8 months . In case even THAT is not ready, what does that say about the game itself? Sieges/diplomacy, the stuff that really matters.

    Fanboys keep saying ''if you are here, you will probably buy the game at release''. Wrong. I am to figure out if I should allocate a $ amount for Warhammer 3 for next year or for 2023. I want to see if their diplomacy has good changes, the performance, the battles along with what their pre-order race is. I could not care less about the chaos gods, although I can understand why people that have been waiting for years are disappointed to see re-used textures/models for their stuff.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,261
    Bayes said:

    Ferestor said:

    Bayes said:

    I think the delay and blue tzeentch warrior combo gutted all the positive people left.

    That said I think cathay seems awesome and I think most of the forum agrees with that.

    Honestly the delay was not much of a surprise. We all hoped for a 21 release but most of us expected the delay.

    The recolor is a fair point and understandable. for me doesnt warrant the hard reaction through.
    Most of us did not expect a delay, atleast not on the forums. I think anyone who has been around the last month or two can attest to that.

    And all CA has to do is to say they are working on it or something when it comes to the recolour, and if they do not plan to I think what we have seen so far and more is totally justified
    ah come on be honest. The hope was for 21 but most had feared/expecxted the delay. For everyone that said release 21 there was one who said release 22.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,990
    Ferestor said:

    It's the internet.

    I just sort of laugh at it.

    The first 2-3 days it was funny but now?

    A few month ago we speculate here about Lords and the map. Now most topics are about complains. :(

    I think i will stick with discord for a while. Much more chill there.
    It's an acquired taste this forum.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

    "Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

    "I like small words" - Winsy C

    Forum Terms & Conditions

    I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,312
    Ferestor said:

    Bayes said:

    Ferestor said:

    Bayes said:

    I think the delay and blue tzeentch warrior combo gutted all the positive people left.

    That said I think cathay seems awesome and I think most of the forum agrees with that.

    Honestly the delay was not much of a surprise. We all hoped for a 21 release but most of us expected the delay.

    The recolor is a fair point and understandable. for me doesnt warrant the hard reaction through.
    Most of us did not expect a delay, atleast not on the forums. I think anyone who has been around the last month or two can attest to that.

    And all CA has to do is to say they are working on it or something when it comes to the recolour, and if they do not plan to I think what we have seen so far and more is totally justified
    ah come on be honest. The hope was for 21 but most had feared/expecxted the delay. For everyone that said release 21 there was one who said release 22.
    Im sorry you just have not been here then.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,261
    Bayes said:

    Ferestor said:

    Bayes said:

    Ferestor said:

    Bayes said:

    I think the delay and blue tzeentch warrior combo gutted all the positive people left.

    That said I think cathay seems awesome and I think most of the forum agrees with that.

    Honestly the delay was not much of a surprise. We all hoped for a 21 release but most of us expected the delay.

    The recolor is a fair point and understandable. for me doesnt warrant the hard reaction through.
    Most of us did not expect a delay, atleast not on the forums. I think anyone who has been around the last month or two can attest to that.

    And all CA has to do is to say they are working on it or something when it comes to the recolour, and if they do not plan to I think what we have seen so far and more is totally justified
    ah come on be honest. The hope was for 21 but most had feared/expecxted the delay. For everyone that said release 21 there was one who said release 22.
    Im sorry you just have not been here then.
    Of course i was here. monday till friday i always look here. Then i have a different perception as you.
  • XyphaXypha Brussels (Belgium)Registered Users Posts: 324
    Because most of us want factual info about the game and not the same news in a different wrapping twice a week.


    Info most want to see:

    How does the map look.?
    What lores of magic does the aloof dragon use?
    How does the transformations to dragon and the reverse work?
    Cathay units?
    Siege rework?
    Pre-order?
    mechanics that are new to the game?
    Even some new ingame images to go with a small blog?
    Diplomacy?

    Those are just some of the things that come to mind.
    Take your pick.


    Really, not giving factual info makes me start to worry about this game.
    As if there is something they are afraid of showing, because by now they realize it will not go down well.
    I guess there is this sense that something is off ,just as the moments prior to the delay announcement most sensed something was off.
    CA will only be able to calm this completely down by giving FACTUAL info about the game.




  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,312
    Ferestor said:

    Bayes said:

    Ferestor said:

    Bayes said:

    Ferestor said:

    Bayes said:

    I think the delay and blue tzeentch warrior combo gutted all the positive people left.

    That said I think cathay seems awesome and I think most of the forum agrees with that.

    Honestly the delay was not much of a surprise. We all hoped for a 21 release but most of us expected the delay.

    The recolor is a fair point and understandable. for me doesnt warrant the hard reaction through.
    Most of us did not expect a delay, atleast not on the forums. I think anyone who has been around the last month or two can attest to that.

    And all CA has to do is to say they are working on it or something when it comes to the recolour, and if they do not plan to I think what we have seen so far and more is totally justified
    ah come on be honest. The hope was for 21 but most had feared/expecxted the delay. For everyone that said release 21 there was one who said release 22.
    Im sorry you just have not been here then.
    Of course i was here. monday till friday i always look here. Then i have a different perception as you.
    Then I amworried about your perception lol

    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/296898/twwh3-2022/p1
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,080
    While I low-key agree with the OP, this entire thread seems to be entirely devoid of a purpose other than to start a flame-war.
    Somebody please close this.
  • NarveidNarveid Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 11
    The answer is simple though, isn't it? People feel like they aren't being given what was promised them.

    Back during summer they said they'd be back in September with news about Cathay (which we got), siege rework (which we're waiting for), and some other big news (which probably wasn't supposed to be the delay).

    Just two weeks ago they said they'd show off the Cathay brother this week, and suddenly he's pushed back to next week and we're given a blog post that says nothing we've not heard before.

    When it feels like CA is constantly moving the goal post people get frustrated.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,898
    Cathay has nothing to do with Tzeench
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,183
    With your guys? What about my guys? I don't know if there is anything wrong with them I'll ask thanks for inquiring.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

    7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,363
    KronusX said:

    Ferestor said:

    It's the internet.

    I just sort of laugh at it.

    The first 2-3 days it was funny but now?

    A few month ago we speculate here about Lords and the map. Now most topics are about complains. :(

    I think i will stick with discord for a while. Much more chill there.
    So you are complaining about people ranting about the news being fluff, drip feeds and unsatisfactory for a product CA is trying to sell.

    Oh I see, you came from discord, that explains everything. You came here expecting everyone to sing Kumbaya. Do you also have any other excuse, stuff like ''this marketing isn't for newcomers, it is for new players?''. It might have worked in the past, but I don't know a lot of casuals looking for re-repeated Lore and how Meow Ying is ''aloof'' .
    This is the salt I need, the chips are plain without it.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,363
    Bayes said:

    I think the delay and blue tzeentch warrior combo gutted all the positive people left.

    That said I think cathay seems awesome and I think most of the forum agrees with that.

    I’m still a happy bear camper.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,060

    KronusX said:

    Ferestor said:

    It's the internet.

    I just sort of laugh at it.

    The first 2-3 days it was funny but now?

    A few month ago we speculate here about Lords and the map. Now most topics are about complains. :(

    I think i will stick with discord for a while. Much more chill there.
    So you are complaining about people ranting about the news being fluff, drip feeds and unsatisfactory for a product CA is trying to sell.

    Oh I see, you came from discord, that explains everything. You came here expecting everyone to sing Kumbaya. Do you also have any other excuse, stuff like ''this marketing isn't for newcomers, it is for new players?''. It might have worked in the past, but I don't know a lot of casuals looking for re-repeated Lore and how Meow Ying is ''aloof'' .
    This is the salt I need, the chips are plain without it.
    Don't worry, now we have a new meme too, aka Meow Ying, the leader of Cat-hay, mentioned by someone else.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,041
    Yap I‘m also pretty annoyed by the constant negativity. It was already like that during the Kislev reveal… some people just have to complain for the sake of complaining.

    I also don’t like the Tzeentch Warriors.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,989
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    While I agree some people are overreacting we were supposed to receive info about the pre order race and some other things apart from cathai in this month and we already are on day 24, it doesnt look very good.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.


    All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,060
    ArneSo said:

    Yap I‘m also pretty annoyed by the constant negativity. It was already like that during the Kislev reveal… some people just have to complain for the sake of complaining.

    I also don’t like the Tzeentch Warriors.

    Is it really complaining for the sake of complaining pointing out that what CA has shown so far for WH3 was sub-par. We have anything in game except a cookie-cutter final moba style battle. Heck, they couldn't even get all their trailers right. People want to talk about positive things, but there is nothing positive to be seen yet.

    Kislev has bears on everyone, Chaos factions have re-skins, what positive thing do you want people to talk about? Oh right, there is a delay too and with no precise date for when it will come out. So whose fault is that? One week we waited for news to find out that ''Meow Ying is aloof and cold'', gee thanks for confirming that she is a Mary Sue, we didn't know that already.

    You know what the developer said in an earlier interview? That WH3 is ''meatier''. I have not seen anything confirming that statement yet.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,080

    While I agree some people are overreacting we were supposed to receive info about the pre order race and some other things apart from cathai in this month and we already are on day 24, it doesnt look very good.

    Were we? Could you source that please?
    No snark intended. I just cannot find the original post on that info.
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 4,090


    Blackpilled and HighElfPilled
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,060
    MrDragon said:

    While I agree some people are overreacting we were supposed to receive info about the pre order race and some other things apart from cathai in this month and we already are on day 24, it doesnt look very good.

    Were we? Could you source that please?
    No snark intended. I just cannot find the original post on that info.
    There is a lot shown that we have not seen yet.






    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-september-news/
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,080
    KronusX said:

    MrDragon said:

    While I agree some people are overreacting we were supposed to receive info about the pre order race and some other things apart from cathai in this month and we already are on day 24, it doesnt look very good.

    Were we? Could you source that please?
    No snark intended. I just cannot find the original post on that info.
    There is a lot shown that we have not seen yet.

    -snip for brevity-

    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-september-news/
    That does seem like we should in theory be getting Siege and pre-order news within the next week... but it's not explicitly saying everything will be shown off in september. It seems fair to expect it all within another month though.
  • Gustaf97Gustaf97 Registered Users Posts: 37
    September belongs to Cathay. Cathay is a big deal for Fantasy Battles people, maybe the biggest addition for decades. Saying that Cathay gets to much attention is just as detached from reality as French generals during WW1. Cathay should get all attention and hype this month.
    Tzeentch were just a tease in the trailer. We will see him the month after Cathay and it will also be epic. And just as you said, Tzeentch Chaos Warriors need unique skinns, they need love. Total War Warhammer is the Warhammer Fantasy Battle communities big shot at getting the universe in its entirety. Money is not the issue, the level of detail, fun and lore firendlyness is.


  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,363
    KronusX said:

    ArneSo said:

    Yap I‘m also pretty annoyed by the constant negativity. It was already like that during the Kislev reveal… some people just have to complain for the sake of complaining.

    I also don’t like the Tzeentch Warriors.

    Is it really complaining for the sake of complaining

    Yes, yes it is.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 1,190

    KronusX said:

    ArneSo said:

    Yap I‘m also pretty annoyed by the constant negativity. It was already like that during the Kislev reveal… some people just have to complain for the sake of complaining.

    I also don’t like the Tzeentch Warriors.

    Is it really complaining for the sake of complaining

    Yes, yes it is.
    Nah. It’s complaining because the “news” sucked
  • MGH1MGH1 Member Registered Users Posts: 231

    It's simple marketing. 2 billion people in China, why would CA not capitalise on making a Chinese themed faction?

    China grew really fat when I wasn't looking. 😯
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,732

    KronusX said:

    ArneSo said:

    Yap I‘m also pretty annoyed by the constant negativity. It was already like that during the Kislev reveal… some people just have to complain for the sake of complaining.

    I also don’t like the Tzeentch Warriors.

    Is it really complaining for the sake of complaining

    Yes, yes it is.
    Nah. It’s complaining because the “news” sucked
    After waiting 3 months for news - all CA have given us to show for it is one trailer, a tiny snippet of lore info and a delay...

    Read that blog again and tell me they were being entirely honest here;



    Perhaps not a lie - but 100% misleading.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 2,155
    MrDragon said:

    KronusX said:

    MrDragon said:

    While I agree some people are overreacting we were supposed to receive info about the pre order race and some other things apart from cathai in this month and we already are on day 24, it doesnt look very good.

    Were we? Could you source that please?
    No snark intended. I just cannot find the original post on that info.
    There is a lot shown that we have not seen yet.

    -snip for brevity-

    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-september-news/
    That does seem like we should in theory be getting Siege and pre-order news within the next week... but it's not explicitly saying everything will be shown off in september. It seems fair to expect it all within another month though.
    It's fair to expect next month reading that now. The problem is it was published in July and they did nothing to stop everyone saying "pre order coming in September ".

    I'll live but it's not great.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,080
    edited September 2021
    MikhaelH said:

    It's simple marketing. 2 billion people in China, why would CA not capitalise on making a Chinese themed faction?

    China grew really fat when I wasn't looking. 😯
    You've not been looking then since literally the day you were born I guess. China was already really "fat" decades before I was born.

    That said, with how hard the CCP is cracking down on any form of digital media to control the narrative... I do not forsee marketing to the chinese market to be long-term sustainable.
    They now want to limit gaming to 3 hours per week or something equally bats**T.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    I mean, what else is there to talk about ?

    We don't know a thing about the game's mechanics, the siege rework, the diplomacy changes, the map, the gameplay or even the LLs abilities. Hell, despite having now 3 blogs on Miao Ying, we don't even know how she plays.

    We don't know the pre-order, we don't know the 4 last rosters, we don't know the 9th LL, or the surprise CA talked about. We don't even know about Zhao Ming except for the simplest of description, and given what we got this week, I'm not expecting much more for him.

    So, what is there to talk about ? When CA revealed Cathay, we had healthy, interesting discussions. Up to the moment we realized CA **** up Tzeentch. That's on CA for turning the discourse negative with such a blunder.

    And now, we're 2 weeks after, we've had 2 more blogs, and we've learned absolutely nothing new or of value. We haven't even have one new image !

    Of course people complains, we've exhausted every other talking point !
Sign In or Register to comment.