Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

RIP

13»

Comments

• hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,872
    edited September 2021

I have the feeling that Simone has a lot of things that he wants to show us, but for some reason the higher ups don't give him the green light, he looks as frustrated with this as us.

My guess of the answer is the fact CA do not like showing unfinished products. The game is still in development and I suppose there are features that CA are not sure will be in the final cut. I think I have a pretty good idea of their timeline or at least a plausible estimate. I have to go back to work, though, but I think I'm going to make a thread on it- try to hold your excitement in fellow forum dwellers lol.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,964
    edited September 2021
    Arsenic said:

TWW3 is looking more and more like May 2022 if we're lucky.

No offence to Simone, but it just seems a lot of stuff hasn't been done yet.

Yeah I'm going to have to retract my previous March hypothesis.

If they can't even tell when they're going to release a trailer that's already finished, which we know thanks to the screenshots on Warhammer Community, then the communication pipelines internally are simply non functional.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,261
    Tomorrow trailer Enter the world confirmed from simone.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,527
    hendo1592 said:

I have the feeling that Simone has a lot of things that he wants to show us, but for some reason the higher ups don't give him the green light, he looks as frustrated with this as us.

My guess of the answer is the fact CA do not like showing unfinished products. The game is still in development and I suppose there are features that CA are not sure will be in the final cut. I think I have a pretty good idea of their timeline or at least a plausible estimate. I have to go back to work, though, but I think I'm going to make a thread on it- try to hold your excitement in fellow forum dwellers lol.
    The game was announced, and advertised, this year to be released this year.
    The Development also started probably way before 2020, so they do not build everything from scratch this year.
    That they showed **** until July was already a bad sign, but could have been worked out with better info flow and hypetrain closer to release. That they went silent for around two months and one day before they return with the promised reveal news, they flunk the game into "early 2022", is a bad sign. But measured at how little they showed before and now after they "came clean", your comment about them unhappy to show unfinished content makes you wonder big time how messed up stuff must be since they literally showed next to nothing so far. Especially not the real good parts starting with campaign map, campaign map gameplay mechanics for Khorne or Kislev, siege rework, diplomacy, proving grpound beta stuff...hell, next week it will be 8 month for the "Preorder news soon". If that crap is still unfinished despite their estimated goal to release 2021, can you imagine how **** up things have to be? And adding 1-3 months for "early 2022", will then not cover it either.

------Red Dox
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,790
    Ferestor said:

Tomorrow trailer Enter the world confirmed from simone.

at last, some good news
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Batrik said:

I like the part about the siege rework.

On one hand, I like getting a clear roadmap like that, and that's great news for the Siege rework !

On the other hand, that could mean we won't have pre-order news until November, which is just comical at this point !
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,934
    Maelas said:

Batrik said:

On one hand, I like getting a clear roadmap like that, and that's great news for the Siege rework !

On the other hand, that could mean we won't have pre-order news until November, which is just comical at this point !
    9 months!

I kinda just want them to reveal it on february! just to hit the one year mark,

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180

Maelas said:

Batrik said:

9 months!

Imagine waiting a whole year only for it to be a 2-LL Ogre Kingdoms !
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,778
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Batrik said:

9 months!

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,934
    edited September 2021
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Batrik said:

9 months!

You shush! never mention 2-LL ever Ogres again!

• KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 723
    i expect preorder news in january at the earliest.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,181
    The game's delayed to 2022... it doesn't even matter that there's no news right now.

Though it would be kind if they announced the pre-order, given that the game has been available for pre-order for most of a year already. I wonder if their pre-orders are flagging? Probably not -_-.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,127
    Red_Dox said:

hendo1592 said:

The Development also started probably way before 2020, so they do not build everything from scratch this year.
    That they showed **** until July was already a bad sign, but could have been worked out with better info flow and hypetrain closer to release. That they went silent for around two months and one day before they return with the promised reveal news, they flunk the game into "early 2022", is a bad sign. But measured at how little they showed before and now after they "came clean", your comment about them unhappy to show unfinished content makes you wonder big time how messed up stuff must be since they literally showed next to nothing so far. Especially not the real good parts starting with campaign map, campaign map gameplay mechanics for Khorne or Kislev, siege rework, diplomacy, proving grpound beta stuff...hell, next week it will be 8 month for the "Preorder news soon". If that crap is still unfinished despite their estimated goal to release 2021, can you imagine how **** up things have to be? And adding 1-3 months for "early 2022", will then not cover it either.

------Red Dox
    Maybe just maybe they have a shortage of creators to make stuff for marketing material ? And that those people have to work on all of the games so they don't have stuff ready. It takes quite a while to make nice videos
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,803
    Itharus said:

Though it would be kind if they announced the pre-order, given that the game has been available for pre-order for most of a year already. I wonder if their pre-orders are flagging? Probably not -_-.

What baffles me is that no matter how far behind they are, it's not going to change what the pre-order actually is, so there's no reason not to tell us. An announcement and a splash graphic are hardly time consuming.

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."

Red_Dox said:

hendo1592 said:

------Red Dox
    Maybe just maybe they have a shortage of creators to make stuff for marketing material ? And that those people have to work on all of the games so they don't have stuff ready. It takes quite a while to make nice videos

Impossible my man.

There are separate teams for everything. Marketing crew for 3K, Troy, and WH are S E P A R A T E. Didn't you get the lie memo?

The delays are most likely due to them testing the s**t out of things, duh.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    Itharus said:

Red_Dox said:

hendo1592 said:

------Red Dox

Impossible my man.

There are separate teams for everything. Marketing crew for 3K, Troy, and WH are S E P A R A T E. Didn't you get the lie memo?

3K? What's that? :D
  • DragonbroodlingsDragonbroodlings Registered Users Posts: 225
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Batrik said:

9 months!

At this point, that's what I'm expecting. I really, really don't want it to be the case, but they keep dropping the ball. Absolutely insane how long they've been holding out on this.
    KronusX said:

Itharus said:

Red_Dox said:

hendo1592 said:

------Red Dox

Impossible my man.

3K? What's that? :D
    Right. Forgot.

"The untitled 3K sequel/reboot"
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,527

Red_Dox said:

hendo1592 said:

------Red Dox
    What "all of the games"? Warhammer 2 is finished since July. 3K was killed even earlier this year and 3k2 is nowhere near putting a video of any kind out. That leaves Troy, which just had his spotlight in August and they knew that September is meant for Cathay and Warhammer 3. They told us so in JULY. The unknown FPS game is not even announced so don't know why someone would do priority work there and has to be taken from "other teams". Remember? Apparently They had a Troy team, a 3K team a Warhammer 2 DLC team, a TWW3 team...at least we were told that more then once when complaining about this or that.
    You really think they plan their big reveal strategy for Cathay, start mid of the month and two weeks later on a monday they notice that the intern has not finished his "Enter Cathay" video and so they have to rush several teams to the rescue just to make it for a friday relase in the wrong month?
    Either your assumption how things work is way off and they just **** up, or you are right which showcases a even bigger incompetence by them. Can't say I would be thrilled either way.

-----Red Dox
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    Red_Dox said:

Red_Dox said:

hendo1592 said:

------Red Dox
    What "all of the games"? Warhammer 2 is finished since July. 3K was killed even earlier this year and 3k2 is nowhere near putting a video of any kind out. That leaves Troy, which just had his spotlight in August and they knew that September is meant for Cathay and Warhammer 3. They told us so in JULY. The unknown FPS game is not even announced so don't know why someone would do priority work there and has to be taken from "other teams". Remember? Apparently They had a Troy team, a 3K team a Warhammer 2 DLC team, a TWW3 team...at least we were told that more then once when complaining about this or that.
    You really think they plan their big reveal strategy for Cathay, start mid of the month and two weeks later on a monday they notice that the intern has not finished his "Enter Cathay" video and so they have to rush several teams to the rescue just to make it for a friday relase in the wrong month?
    Either your assumption how things work is way off and they just **** up, or you are right which showcases a even bigger incompetence by them. Can't say I would be thrilled either way.

-----Red Dox
    Oh I am sure they did not lied, they do have multiple teams, they just forgot to mention that there is a ratio of 5 managers per one worker, so in reality there is skeleton crews everywhere and a bunch of incompetent managers. How else will the higher ups relatives/sons/daughters get paid?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,128
    Itharus said:

The game's delayed to 2022... it doesn't even matter that there's no news right now.

Which is ultimately all they care about.

For all the hullaballo about this or that the fact that we haven't seen a change in communication strategy says the ship is going along quite nicely. We can absolutely say it's awful (it is) communication but the mere fact that it's the same sort of communication we've had for the entire series says everything's just fine in their eyes.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,964

Itharus said:

Which is ultimately all they care about.

For all the hullaballo about this or that the fact that we haven't seen a change in communication strategy says the ship is going along quite nicely. We can absolutely say it's awful (it is) communication but the mere fact that it's the same sort of communication we've had for the entire series says everything's just fine in their eyes.
    It’s most certainly not the same. Aside from Simones attempts to broaden dialogue it’s undeniable deteriorated.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 797
    Neodeinos said:

He also gave a rough plan for the coming news.

Nice this is transparent and clear communication!

Looking forward to seeing the siege re-work.
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,756
    Neodeinos said:

Brakier said:

Neodeinos said:

talonn said:

Dunno about you guys. But I feel he is more communicative than the predecessor

Yeah I really prefer Simone over Grace, you can at least tell that he is trying to be transparent with what he can share. Grace pretty much endless said "comm will get better be patient" and nothing changed in years.
    maybe this is what she ment? it is better now
    It is better now that she left CA, yes.
    oh i didnt know she had left, i ment no ill torward her.

• 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,038
    edited October 2021
    Red_Dox said:

Red_Dox said:

hendo1592 said:

------Red Dox

This is just me on a wild guessing spree! no evidence what so ever.

-----Red Dox
    For me There are multiple teams. BUT it's one BIG team and all others are small teams (mostly programmers) and the big team can work only on 1 thing !
    I have been posting about this a few times just to be downvoted. But all points to that - while the BIG team is working on something everything else is left behind.

I can point out to the unit cards ! Or how the first dwarfs rework got a forge and gaint slayers (with no new assets) or how every update/rework we get for a race(they are good) we get mostly programming/code = good features. But no new assets or new models. Because the BIG teams is working on the DLC.

That could explain why the DLCs are taking so long. We aways get great programming it got better than WH1. But we are still getting 3 units per race and 1 of the races is aways getting the bad end.
    = The big teams works on models and stuff while small teams work on code so we got a better code but same models (thou a bit better) as WH1. the DLCs are taking more time because the team that makes the models/assets is working on other games.
    And after that is pushed out that BIG team start working on the next thing. For example (and this is extreme exmaple) we got 2 months without news for WH3 = BIg team works on Troy DLC while only small team is left for WH3 then Troy DLCs is out and the BIG team comes back to work on WH3.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,