Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who's Getting WH3 At Launch?

TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 34,001
I know I won't simply because at launch there will be no ME 2.0 and therefore none of the factions I care about will be playable in the game. The only genuine WH3 faction I had mild interest in was Chaos Dwarfs and they have been relegated to DLC fodder coming who knows when if they come at all. The starter races we'll be getting, maybe including OK as pre-order, I don't care about enough to buy the game for.

Better battle, siege or campaign mechanics also don't mean anything to me if I can't enjoy them with races I like.

Comments

• Lion_75Lion_75 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 74
    Pre-order here
    Veni Vidi Vici
  • Stacks_LeeStacks_Lee Registered Users Posts: 362
    Probably. Maybe.

I'm guessing no Dawi-Zharr on launch which is the race I'm most excited for, but everything else that isn't Chaos looks fun enough.
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,599
    Sooo basically you only buy game 3 to get a bigger campaign map filled with factions you don't care about?
    Seems like a bad investment but you do you.

I will buy on release because no amount of bugs can keep me from getting this game. If unplayable at launch i will simply just wait a few weeks playing it or play custom games with the new races.

• TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Pede said:

Sooo basically you only buy game 3 to get a bigger campaign map filled with factions you don't care about?

I will buy on release because no amount of bugs can keep me from getting this game. If unplayable at launch i will simply just wait a few weeks playing it or play custom games with the new races.

No, I buy a Warhammer game if it has the races in it that I care about. None of what WH3 starts with I care about. Simple enough?
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,544
    Depends entirely on if the product is good or not.

If its good: yes
    if its bad: no
    edited October 2021

Pede said:

No, I buy a Warhammer game if it has the races in it that I care about. None of what WH3 starts with I care about. Simple enough?
    Very, but I thought it was implied in your OP that you would buy it when ME 2.0 release no?

• ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,211
    sure is looking like it.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RebelPeasantRebelPeasant BretonniaRegistered Users Posts: 100
    I'm curious. Do you not care about the races because you are not liking the way CA is implementing them or do you just not find them interesting, lore-wise?
    “Things cannot go well in Bretonnia, nor ever will, until all goods are held in common, and until there will be neither peasants nor knights, and we shall be equal”

I'm curious. Do you not care about the races because you are not liking the way CA is implementing them or do you just not find them interesting, lore-wise?

I find both their lore and their whole makeup uninteresting.

See, there's this new 40k TBS game called Battlesector which from the gameplay videos I watched looks pretty fun. It however has only Space Marines and Tyranids so far and neither I care about, the former because they're shoved down your throat constantly and the latter because they have less personality than even the Oldcrons, so I won't be getting that game unless they expand it to feature 40k races I like. Same situation with WH3.
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
  • ObernObern Registered Users Posts: 27
    I have a strong interest only in Chaos. Especially Khorne and Nurgle.
    I didn't like Kislev and Katay. They're too fabulous (Age of Sigmar vibes) and high fantasy. I don't like their look and design.

Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs are also very interesting to me. I will definitely buy them.

• BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,130
    wh3 would have to be a steaming pile of **** for me not to get it at launch, but who knows I am kinda worried.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,013
    I'll probably get it. I've liked what (little) I've seen of the game so far, and while I have problems with some of the new factions, there's no faction in Warhammer that I actively dislike and I'd like to give them a playthrough. I've enjoyed Warhammer 2 enough that even just a map expansion with a couple of new races will be palatable to me.

I just hope the siege rework and diplomacy rework knock my socks off.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,910
    Probably a week before launch, or at launch. There’s no real reason to buy the game before launch, as the preorder bonus will still be available a week after launch, unless drastic changes happen.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Attila
    3. Warhammer (1, 2 & 3)
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Shogun 2
    6. Thrones
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

• DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,076
    I definitely will.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • DragonbroodlingsDragonbroodlings Registered Users Posts: 303
    Pede said:

I'm in a similar boat as him. The larger map can add some new stuff to fight with your favorite factions, so I don't think it's that weird of a concept. I personally am looking forward to fighting daemons with the lizardmen. I don't care to play as daemons though. It's just a super lorefull thing that makes me interested in a playthrough. I also don't need to do a day one buy to play this scenario. In fact, buying on day one will be pointless if I'm more interested in the larger map.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,380
    Sure. Even if I would prefer unified WoC and DoC races, Chaos is still Chaos, Kislev roster look fun and Ogres are cool. I'm not sure that I will even play combined map once it's released.
  • Docpain222Docpain222 USRegistered Users Posts: 410
    I dont think I'm ready for this spaghetti
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    Pretty much the moment it drops I'll buy it. Maybe I'll even pre-order the day before if I can pre-load and anticipate my next day to be rather busy.

Pede said:

I'm in a similar boat as him. The larger map can add some new stuff to fight with your favorite factions, so I don't think it's that weird of a concept. I personally am looking forward to fighting daemons with the lizardmen. I don't care to play as daemons though. It's just a super lorefull thing that makes me interested in a playthrough. I also don't need to do a day one buy to play this scenario. In fact, buying on day one will be pointless if I'm more interested in the larger map.
    Sure and I only pointed out it seems like a bad investment to buy a full priced game just to get and utilize a very small part of it.

• Iron_CrownIron_Crown Registered Users Posts: 1,600
    The races or units are secondary for me. First because every race they put in so far was fun to play, and second because the fundamental gameplay is pretty much the same for every race anyway, except hordes.

I'm actually more interested in the new non-sandbox campaign. I'm hoping for an actual campaign with real goals and interaction, maybe even an actual story that isn't such a joke as the Vortex campaign. Sandbox is for Mortal Empires. I'm sure I will return to ME later but for the new game I don't just want an even bigger version of what we already have, I want something new.

Now the fact that the Vortex campaign is so horrendously awful is no cause for optimism, but on the other hand the second game was rushed out in a year and they took much more time for game 3, so maybe they came up with something better.

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    It's looking increasingly likely I won't get it until significantly after release.

Have said for a while if it's hacked-about rosters again, I'll wait until they're filled out. Just watched the Cathay trailer and was pretty amazed at how little seems to be actually there.

For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
    Pede said:

Pede said:

Sure and I only pointed out it seems like a bad investment to buy a full priced game just to get and utilize a very small part of it.
    No, it's a bad investment to buy a game that you don't intend to play at all. Right now I don't intend to play with any of WH3's launch races because they don't appeal to me in the least. Once I get the option however to fall back on my favorites, I'll give WH3 a shot. Because then I'll have that fallback option in case the WH3 starters have unappealing gameplay in addition to unappealing design and lore.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,885

Quite frankly, the marketing this year destroys every attempt of hype it wants to create. And buying at launch? I don't know **** about the game. Yes, we all have fun with game#2. Yes, we can assume game#3 might be good...in the end. That is not the same as being good at launch. I bought a brandew gaming rig for TWW2 launch and could not even play the damn game because my new graphicard was flickering and made playing living hell. A problem which was solved by CA patching their damn game 1 month after release. And don't get me started with dropping ME with that patch, which did not work with PreOrder Norsca then and it took 8 futrher months to fix that. Oh, and no blood DLC for the first month either. Because Warhammer without blood is the most fun some people can have ;)
    So yeah, currently delaying buying the game until 8 months after release (the "preorder info soon timeframe, which just progresses forward further), seems not like the worst idea.

Maybe CA still manages to create actual hype for the game and fixes their terrible marketing. But so far no indication of that and hence I see no reason to preorder or buy at release. They want my money? I need something real to go with. If I just want to reward future good deeds, I could buy virtual property in Scam Citizen and be one of the lemmings who hope since 2014 that that game will be "da bomb" when it releases "soon™".

------Red Dox
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,667
    Preordered.

I have to say that I never was so excited for a video game before in my entire life.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • BoriaBoria Registered Users Posts: 405
    edited October 2021
    Me neither, I will wait most likely after launch, after seeing lots of Campaign gameplay.

Also for me is very important other quality of life upgrades, like better Diplomacy and better diplomacy options. we haven't seen any campaign gameplay so I cannot judge yet.

As for races only care so far for Cathay, hold no interest for the other races. The Pre-Order if it is Ogre Kingdom's IDK if I'll pre-order unless I can play them on WH2 until WH3 arrives then and only then If the faction looks decent I'll even think of pre-order.
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,988
    Lion_75 said:

Pre-order here

Yeah, I'm on track too to play the day of release. Cathay is looking mighty appetizing.

• talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,459
    I probably will. But I dont see the need to rush as of now.
  • HaziTruHaziTru Registered Users Posts: 43
    I'll probably be playing 0WH2 until the ending of 2022. I usually wait until a new game gets a few bug fixes first.