Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressLords/Heroes never get XP, Advisor and missions greyed out (gamebreaking)

masternavajomasternavajo Registered Users Posts: 5
edited October 15 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Build Number: v1.12.1 Build 19098.2364308

Description: I had some discussion with SEGA support already which will be attached as a .txt. There are some baseline functions of my game that don't appear to be working properly. The save I attached is a brand new Vortex Campaign with Tyrion. I have won 3 battles and taken out the Cult of Excess but my Lord is still 0/900 Xp. On top of that, there are a couple more features that aren't working namely: Campaign introductions enabled isn't changing my game at all, advisor is always greyed out, missions is always greyed out.

Steps to Reproduce: These bugs all happen on every new campaign I start, regardless of settings/changes. To systematically test these I have made the following changes one at a time, and tried making some new campaigns to the same results:
-Files were verified on Steam
-Game was reinstalled
-Toggling Campaign introductions on/off
-No Mods/DLC were enabled at any point in testing
-Advisor history cleared
-Advisor frequency change
-All drivers on my end appear up to date, but attaching a DxDiag in case that is helpful

When changes/checks in the above were made, the state of my game did not change at all. The no Xp, no Missions, and No Advisors always persists through those changes.
Post edited by CHARLOTTEB_CA on

Comments

• masternavajomasternavajo Registered Users Posts: 5
    Bump.

Looking for any acknowledgement that a human at CA has seen and read this post. I am unable to play the game in this state and my attempts at getting customer support have been redirected here.
  • MasterSayo01MasterSayo01 Registered Users Posts: 434

Bump.

Looking for any acknowledgement that a human at CA has seen and read this post. I am unable to play the game in this state and my attempts at getting customer support have been redirected here.

At this section CHARLOTTEB_CA is the person who reads about the bugs problems and also gives reaction to you. :)

So, I hope for you, that Charlotte gives reaction at your post this week. :*
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,374
    Hey masternavajo,

At anypoint have you had mods installed for Warhammer 1/2 on your machine? here's a couple of things to try!:
    • Check you have enough space / clear space on your hard drive where the appdata folder is located
    • Check the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\resume\resume and C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\resume\resume_temp and see if any of the files here are Read or Write protected or Hidden.
    • If any are, please Re-install the game by deleting the CA folder located in appdata - you can copy any saves to a new Folder before doing this if you have saves you wish to keep as deleting this folder will remove saves!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    -Mods have never been installed.
    -Game has been reinstalled, and a steam file verification was successfully done on the files following the re-install, issue persists.
    -I didn't see any folder named 'resume' in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\

-CA Folder in AppData was deleted as requested, new directories were populated after running game and playing some turns, issue still persists

Still not getting lord XP, and missions/advisor are greyed out.
    edited October 13
    Hey CHARLOTTEB_CA,

User info was provided exactly as requested. Is there any way for me to get more direct contact with support?

I am willing to work through and provide all information needed to resolve this issue, but that doesn't seem possible with the current frequency of responses.
    Post edited by masternavajo on
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,374
    Hey masternavajo,

Sorry sometimes it takes a little while for me to investigate and try and troubleshoot the issue!

Players who have had this issue in the past usually have a conflicting file/mod remaining on their PC somewhere which needs a thorough wipe to resolve the conflict - Usually a verify of steam files can resolve this too.

Seeing as you've tried the above and if I load your save file my side it works 100% fine with gaining experience , the only troubleshooting step I have seen users report having helped past this point is a complete Windows reinstall which is drastic.

Have you tried reinstalling Steam and is steam installed on the same Drive as your games? as you are missing this folder:
    It would suggest there is something wrong with the installation! (this folder should be just underneath replays)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Only have 1 drive on my computer, all drivers are up-to-date.

Steam was uninstalled, reinstalled, and then TWWH2 was installed. Files were verified, and the gamebreaking bug was still experienced. Won a couple battles and gained no xp (save file attached).

AppData/Roaming/TheCreativeAssembly/Warhammer2/ folder looks the same as previously before reinstall

Reinstalling Windows for a chance to fix a bug in your game obviously isn't an option, and honestly I am pretty upset I uninstalled my entire steam library just to experience the exact same gamebreaking bug.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file