Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

FALL OF THE SAMURAI CLOSED BETA: Join up now!

CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative AssemblyDat Horsham doeRegistered Users Posts: 1,143
edited March 2012 in Total War: SHOGUN 2
Dear forumites,

How would you like to be a part of our closed multiplayer beta for Fall of the Samurai?

You’ll get the opportunity to try out brand new content way ahead of everyone else – and what’s more, we’re looking for lots of people to get involved!

If you apply to join the programme right now, we’ll be letting in early applicants before December 23rd. Then, in the new year, we’ll be rolling out keys to everyone else who’s applied to be a part of the beta.

Please note that to join the programme, you’ll have to agree not to talk about the contents of the beta with anyone. The non-disclosure agreement you have to sign also prevents you from taking screenshots or videos from the content you’ll be playing.

What’s more, the agreement is legally binding – so make sure you’re comfortable with this before signing up. There’s a checkbox on the form that you need to tick in order to acknowledge this.

We'd also love to hear your feedback on the beta - so head on over to the new subsection of the forum we've created for feeback in the members' only section.

To sign up, just hit this link below:

JOIN THE BETA

The beta is still a project very much in development, and for that reason it won't be complete. There are a few known issues that we'd like you to know about that won't be the case in the final version of the game, which is due for release in March 2012.
Existing known issues:

Some issues with avatar traits
Some issues with unit cards
Some retainer cost issues
Known UI bugs with avatar tutorial
Some unit banners don't display correctly in battle
Known clan token issues
XP is currently set to 4x
Only FotS units currently available for selection

If you do enjoy the beta, please consider picking up a copy of the game when it becomes available for pre-purchase on Steam. It's your invaluable support that helps up keep making Total War games, and keep making them better than ever.

Merry Christmas. We'll see you on the battlefield.

-The Creative Assembly

PS. Please note it might be a few hours, days or even weeks before you get your code. We'll be handing them out in batches to ensure stability. We'll try to give priority to those who sign up first.
Post edited by CraigTW on

Comments

• honvikhonvik Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 18
    edited December 2011
    Sounds an excellent opportunitiy!
  • BurnyBurny Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 192
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!
    Proud member of Sakua Gaming
  • zigvanzigvan Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
  • AzureCuzYeahAzureCuzYeah Member Registered Users Posts: 76
    edited December 2011
    Excellent opportunity. Thank you.
    http://www.azuretotalwar.com Shogun Total War replays and commentary.
  • KlunzKlunz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    edited December 2011
    Best xmas present evah!!!!!!

Edit: I applied twice, I accidentally typed Crazy_Steve as forum name in my first apply, but it's without the _ , I hope this isn't too much of a problem.
    [PORTABLE-ID]crazysteve[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • RTKAbuRTKAbu Senior Member Holland!Registered Users Posts: 1,459
    edited December 2011
    CA, Santa Claus will bless you with an extra present because of this holy good idea :)
  • mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Sacramento, CAModerators Posts: 5,230
    edited December 2011
    Nice! Glad to see a SWKOTR beta from CA! w00t!
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
  • leviathleviath Member Registered Users Posts: 55
    edited December 2011
    Excellent idea ! Very appreciated.
    This is what TW games needed before release.

Full support for you CA guys !
    My french commentary channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40
  • freeplay01230freeplay01230 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 12
    edited December 2011
    so you sign up and what then? (srry I am new to this forum but i am not on shogun though :D)
  • freeplay01230freeplay01230 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 12
    edited December 2011
    do you get the code in message or something?
  • lord_allord_al Member Registered Users Posts: 64
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully this way we can spot the bugs before release. I think this is a great idea and I would be happy to help.
    i5 2500k
    MSI 560 TI 1GB
    1TB 7200 HD
    4GB RAM
  • LennaertLennaert Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 12
    edited December 2011
    I think u just have to wait until they decide to give u a code or not. It says it can take up to weeks to get the code so dont expect the code as soon as you signed up :P
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandRegistered Users, Moderators Posts: 8,876
    edited December 2011
    Excellent idea. A constructive way to participate. I'm expecting to see some (hyper)active forumites enlisting...
    so you sign up and what then? (srry I am new to this forum but i am not on shogun though :D)

do you get the code in message or something?

As the OP said:
    PS. Please note it might be a few hours, days or even weeks before you get your code. We'll be handing them out in batches to ensure stability. We'll try to give priority to those who sign up first.

So now you lean back and relax, or better yet delve deep into the forums and try not to get too frightened by the dwellers ;). Welcome to the forums.
  • CA_PeteCA_Pete Creative Assembly CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 285
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, why not. I'll give it a go. :)
    - Advisor, gentleman, part-time rogue, and at your service.

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed on this forum are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Forum Terms & Conditions

@peter5tewart
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,432
    edited December 2011
    I'm missing something here, haven't had my coffee yet, where do you sign up for this?

Because I definitely want in!
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • KlunzKlunz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    edited December 2011
    easytarget wrote: »
    I'm missing something here, haven't had my coffee yet, where do you sign up for this?

Because I definitely want in!

Click on the "JOIN BETA" in the first post and fill in the blanks. After a while you'll get a mail, which says that you'll get a mail that you're allowed into the Beta shortly. :)
    [PORTABLE-ID]crazysteve[/PORTABLE-ID]
    edited December 2011
    Ah, thx, didn't notice that was a link. I should not make a habit of skipping breakfast, and coffee in particular in the morning.

Off work today, so, out of the usual habits.
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doeRegistered Users Posts: 1,143
    edited December 2011
    You'll get a code via email anywhere between now and March. If you sign up early you stand a better chance of getting your key sooner.
  • alQamaralQamar Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,904
    edited December 2011
    glad to see you're involving the community more this time with testing and balancing :)
    will repost this awesome news on our clans forums...

opted in, lets see how i like bughunting in real conditions, where my rifle.. hehe :)
  • BarnaleonBarnaleon Banned Banned Users Posts: 34
    edited December 2011
    I buy, ,, Fall of the Samurai " in March I hope that I will play before the Napoleon Total War with missing units from pre-order (Grand Battery, HMS Elephant, Towarczys, the Royal Scots Greys) and ,,Heroes of Napoleonic Wars," with collector's edition when those previously unissued units will be released on Steam. ;)
    edited December 2011
    Barnaleon,

If you're going to attempt to hijack a thread about a beta on an upcoming project, at least do it in a complete and grammatically functional sentence. :p
  • SkollopsSkollops Senior Member Behind you :ORegistered Users Posts: 3,314
    edited December 2011
    Great to see that the CA is getting help from the community. Then not as many will whine about balancing when the game comes out :p Hope I'll get my code soon!

How big will the group be approx.?
    Previously known as DenmarkRules
  • CastlePageCastlePage Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Great Xmas treat. Applied already ;) THANKYOU CA!
  • SepelioSepelio Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 322
    edited December 2011
    Ooohh a beta. I'll absolutely have to sign up for this and see what I can break. Its been a while since I've tested anything.

I shall look forward to it!
  • geordie97geordie97 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 25
    edited December 2011
    Xmas came early!!!!!
    War gives the right of the conquerors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquished.
  • BarnaleonBarnaleon Banned Banned Users Posts: 34
    edited December 2011
    easytarget,

Sorry but my English is at a low level and I use the online translator. I know that I make many mistakes. And he writes about it in this thread because many people enter here and also people from the CA, which wants to be interested in a matter of missing troops to Napoleon Total War. :p
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,548
    edited December 2011
    Applied.

I'm very happy to see a beta test. Well done, CA. (Now I hope they have got the time to actually do something with the test results!)
  • Chris lolChris lol Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    edited December 2011
    Good to see a beta

Sign me up :)
  • Total_War_ninjaTotal_War_ninja Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 10
    edited December 2011
  • sertoriosertorio Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited December 2011
    awaiting key
    factionsig.png