Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The reason CA isnt responding

FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 871
I am absolutely certain that they are regularly checking up on their community via reports from their community managers (Simone). They have changed things in the past many times over, after listening to us and WH 3 is set to run for many years. They even pushed back the game instead of releasing it unfinished and fixing it later.

So why arent they responding to our feedback/complaints beyond simple mouth service? Why arent they fixing their PR campaign?

The reason is simple: They first need to check how they can actually change things, which takes planning and reassigning current resources and more importantly they dont want to train us to expect changes the minute we complain. Just think about what would happen if the day after the newest "debacle" the devs responded and announced a fix. Everyone and their mother would now double down and complain even more to get CA to fix every single detail that doesnt fit their gusto.

So are they going to fix the current complains that we have about the game? Its actually a simple calculation: How does the necessary effort stack up the amount of time they still have and the relevance WH 3 has for them.
1. As an example, remodelling the Tzeentch Warriors shouldnt require too many resources, Animations are whats expensive and they create new models all the time, for every single LL for example.
2. They still have at least 3-4 months left of time which could be extended if their goal point is march 2022. This is the dev cycle for most of the WH 2 DLCs and should therefore be sufficient to fix models if the current workload isnt already too much.
3. WH 3 is quite certainly their most important project since they expect it to run for a very long time. The relevant aspect for WH 3 isnt just the initial sales for either the main game or the DLC, its the passive income. Just think about how many DLCs the game already has right now. The amount of money they make from selling all those DLCs even now should be a significant passive income long into the future which is the wet dream of every company (subscription services ring a bell?).

So yes I firmly believe they are going to fix most of the complaints we currently have about the game.
#TzeentchLivesMatter

Comments

• FabiFabi Registered Users Posts: 227
    Don't do it... Dont give me hope...
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 871
    Fabi said:

Don't do it... Dont give me hope...

I am sorry I couldnt give it to you sooner
    #TzeentchLivesMatter

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,122
    Fair points.
  • HowTheStarsBurn#4488HowTheStarsBurn#4488 Registered Users Posts: 771
    I don't really care about the PR campaign. All I care about is the game. PR campaign can be the worst, most stupid, horrible crapfest of all time, fi the game is good, nobody will give a damn.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,954

I don't really care about the PR campaign. All I care about is the game. PR campaign can be the worst, most stupid, horrible crapfest of all time, fi the game is good, nobody will give a damn.

Quite true.

So give us a real date and we can walk away for 6 months (cuz it sure isnt going to be 3).
    Kneel

• FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 871

The main issue with that is that a good PR campaign significantly increases sales which in turn affects the budget for the DLC team.
    #TzeentchLivesMatter

• Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,838
    We voiced our concerns.

Time will tell what they make of it.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920 Registered Users Posts: 902
    You are giving the most horrible thing you could give to any innocent soul......HOPE

The gaze of tzeentch if definitely present here
  • steam_164510928748qF8o2besteam_164510928748qF8o2be Registered Users Posts: 1,766
    edited October 2021

I am absolutely certain that they are regularly checking up on their community via reports from their community managers (Simone). They have changed things in the past many times over, after listening to us and WH 3 is set to run for many years. They even pushed back the game instead of releasing it unfinished and fixing it later.

So why arent they responding to our feedback/complaints beyond simple mouth service? Why arent they fixing their PR campaign?

The reason is simple: They first need to check how they can actually change things, which takes planning and reassigning current resources and more importantly they dont want to train us to expect changes the minute we complain. Just think about what would happen if the day after the newest "debacle" the devs responded and announced a fix. Everyone and their mother would now double down and complain even more to get CA to fix every single detail that doesnt fit their gusto.

So are they going to fix the current complains that we have about the game? Its actually a simple calculation: How does the necessary effort stack up the amount of time they still have and the relevance WH 3 has for them.
    1. As an example, remodelling the Tzeentch Warriors shouldnt require too many resources, Animations are whats expensive and they create new models all the time, for every single LL for example.
    2. They still have at least 3-4 months left of time which could be extended if their goal point is march 2022. This is the dev cycle for most of the WH 2 DLCs and should therefore be sufficient to fix models if the current workload isnt already too much.
    3. WH 3 is quite certainly their most important project since they expect it to run for a very long time. The relevant aspect for WH 3 isnt just the initial sales for either the main game or the DLC, its the passive income. Just think about how many DLCs the game already has right now. The amount of money they make from selling all those DLCs even now should be a significant passive income long into the future which is the wet dream of every company (subscription services ring a bell?).

So yes I firmly believe they are going to fix most of the complaints we currently have about the game.

This is why i think its so wierd that they are reusing old assets and color chaning, if they want to sell alot of dlcs, they need to have people keep playing it, but right now they just making me furious, i having to pay tripple A price for units that was made for beastmen and chaos in warhammer 1. i think norsca reused like 1-2 units. and im sure even those units had some degree of remodling compared to what forsaken of khorne and teenze, and the chaos warriors of teenze.

Who in thier right mind thought recoloring models was a good idea at ca? they could have had artist outside of CA make the custom models. and then just use the existing chaos warrior animation. everybody would be happy.
    this feels so low effort, money grab, and just disshonest.