Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Friendly reminder that CA is a Company and you are just Customers.

elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,237
edited October 2021 in Total War General Chat
I wanted to make this post since i'm seeing too many people treating CA like a distorted version of Santa Claus, that gives you gifts (TWW3, DLCs) if you behave well (don't cry in the forums). Which is **** bs.

Let me make this clear: CA don't have to make you happy, they don't even have to release TWW3 with all the features they promised, or even release it at all, because CA is a private company and they do whatever the **** they want to.
On the other side you're not CA's puppy that buy each content they publish without question, you're a customer, and as a customer with (hopefully) at least a couple of connected neurons you can decide to use your money somewhere else IF TWW3, when it will be released, will stand below your expectations.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,786
    It’s already exceeded my expectations, and I’ll buy it.
    More bears would make me preorder though.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • WelshMeatball#4754WelshMeatball#4754 Registered Users Posts: 408
    Still waiting with preorder until I have seen the gameplay and the promised updates to the campaign gameplay.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,738
    Oh don't you worry Mr. Elkapp, i have not pre ordered, and will not even consider hitting the purchase button before im fully convinced this is a game worth getting.

*shakes fist at cyberpunk*

• mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,474
    If only we had more info.

Like, I'm firmly on the camp of waiting until we have more info before judging, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to get that info ASAP, as time passes I become more certain that something bad is happening on the marketing department at CA.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • #1609#1609 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,542
    Even if the game is "just" game 2 with no new mechanism, but more factions and bigger map, I'd still buy it anyway.
    I don't care about the recolored Chaos, I could reskin, recolour, or even adjust the models myself.

What I want is to port my mod to the combined map for all games and all factions together.

The only think that could prevent that is if the game is too full of bugs to work. "Missing" contents (which are not yet confirmed missing anyway) are a non issue. Can come later with DLC, FLC, mods...
  • Pede#6322Pede#6322 Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    Thank you for reminding me.
    For a second there i was worried i had been friendzoned by CA.

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,075
    edited October 2021
    I had an expectation of Death Guard style Nurgle Chaos Warriors. Is that certain to happen? Despite thinking so possibly not, but what does that mean? I made a guess on what to expect and made it true.

On the other hand, what options haven’t I thought of? A Tamurkhan DLC will bring the human units up to standard.

Was this the plan all along? Monos start daemon heavy followed by mortal LLs bringing in numerous human units? Possible, but as well that may only be true for certain monos.

I have no idea but I certainly don’t expect all these questions to be answered right now, if we have got half a year to wait then they won’t be for a while.
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,550
    edited October 2021
    And that's fine.
    I can still talk **** about them though just like every company that I hate and I can still decide to not give them my money or wait for a sale years later when more content and patches have been released.

Don't try to bypass the word filter.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • drogarito#2548drogarito#2548 Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Friendly reminder that the customers can hit them where it hurts the most: on their pockets.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,786

Friendly reminder that the customers can hit them where it hurts the most: on their pockets.

It will sell very well, despite what you do. But by all means don’t get WH3, it’s up to you.

And that's fine.
    I can still talk shyte about them though just like every company that I hate and I can still decide to not give them my money or wait for a sale years later when more content and patches have been released.

You hate companies? They aren’t alive, save your emotions for actual things.
    You're allowed to get mad at concepts or intangible things.

• Pede#6322Pede#6322 Registered Users Posts: 2,038

And that's fine.
    I can still talk shyte about them though just like every company that I hate and I can still decide to not give them my money or wait for a sale years later when more content and patches have been released.

Spending your time on the official forum of a company you hate just to talk "shyte" about them..
    #YouOnlyLiveOnce

And that's fine.

What a waste of energy, but nothing stopping anyone from screaming at the sky either.
    Pede said:

And that's fine.

Spending your time on the official forum of a company you hate just to talk "shyte" about them..
    #YouOnlyLiveOnce
    There are a lot now that think it’s a wise way to spend time, horses for courses I guess.
    Pede said:

And that's fine.

#YouOnlyLiveOnce
    Yes because there are also others here that share the same negative sentiment.
    It's extremely liberating to see so many people being angry at a company. It's a nice way to vent off stress instead of knowing you're the only one being frustrated.
  • Nopeacejustwar#3336Nopeacejustwar#3336 Registered Users Posts: 1,382
    Well said! That’s some truth some toxic individuals need to live by!
    I will buy all tw Warhammer content, no matter what, its my favourite game of all time and I want to complete the trilogy.
    But I definitely don’t buy all of CA’s stuff. The only thing I bought was napoleon before Warhammer. Refunded 3k.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,738

And that's fine.

You just conjured the image in my head of a angry wife smashing vases everywhere XD
  • Serkelet#1834Serkelet#1834 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,086
    We just lack information to decide one way or the other. So far I like what I have seen. As a customer I am happy I have pre ordered. When more information is released, if I dislike what I see, I might cancel my preorder.
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
    Serkelet said:

We just lack information to decide one way or the other. So far I like what I have seen. As a customer I am happy I have pre ordered. When more information is released, if I dislike what I see, I might cancel my preorder.

I'm not going to make a decision on single details, what this Chaos Warrior or that Chaos Warrior gets isn't going to push me either way. When I have all the info I will make a decision based on it as a whole. Looking good so far though.
  • NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,160
    Yeah, that´s why I only will buy the game shortly after release (since the grace period for the pre-order exists)

So far looks nice, but I´m mainly there for the mechanical improvements to the engine/campaignmap and for the combined map.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Of course CA doesn't have to cater to us, and we don't have to buy their product.

The thing is, is it the outcome anyone wants ? CA making a **** third game, nobody buying it and support ending early, leaving the trilogy forever unfinished ? I don't want that, and CA sure as hell don't want that

And that's why complaining is important, so that the product they make ends up being on par with what we're ready to buy, so that everyone gets what they wants. Not as fans, but as customers. And with CA acting like a purveyor of goods, not like daddy telling you to wait for your dessert
  • summertimelovin#4461summertimelovin#4461 Registered Users Posts: 547

I will buy all tw Warhammer content, no matter what, its my favourite game of all time and I want to complete the trilogy.
    But I definitely don’t buy all of CA’s stuff. The only thing I bought was napoleon before Warhammer. Refunded 3k.

This is more or less how I feel about TW Warhammer. It's the only game I have that doesn't make me think twice about buying new content when it comes out. So far I've yet to be thoroughly disappointed with CA's handling of TWWH.

That being said, TWWH isn't a perfect game and there is much that can be done to improve it. I have enjoyed playing Attila and 3k but I often think about what these games could become if support hadn't ended so soon. I hope when support ends for WH3 I won't be left with thoughts of what could have been.
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    Maelas said:

Of course CA doesn't have to cater to us, and we don't have to buy their product.

The thing is, is it the outcome anyone wants ? CA making a **** third game, nobody buying it and support ending early, leaving the trilogy forever unfinished ? I don't want that, and CA sure as hell don't want that

And that's why complaining is important, so that the product they make ends up being on par with what we're ready to buy, so that everyone gets what they wants. Not as fans, but as customers. And with CA acting like a purveyor of goods, not like daddy telling you to wait for your dessert

Let's pretend there are two possible outcome to this situation:
    • The good ending: CA has a strange workflow, which means that the trailer will show little of what they're working on but at the end of the day they'll deliver what they need to.
    • The bad ending: CA overstimated development time and now are both rushing and cutting the remaining work to release the game at the set date without making it look too ugly.
    Now, obviously, those alone will determine if the game will be worth to buy or not. We can't predict which one will be with reasonable accuracy (reasonable enough to obtain an almost-certain answer), however we can still draw some probabilities. As the situation is now, the most probable is the bad ending, and that's because:
    1. they've delayed the game and the content shown for its marketing also come out really slowly,
    2. the marketing content are for the most part cinematics and lore blog posts with minimal information on the battle gameplay,
    3. if there's minimal info on battle gameplay there's definitely none on the campaign one,
    4. they promised to show the pre-order bonus "soon", yet here we are,
    5. even being the only "vertical" improvement (over TWW2) TWW3 will see at lanuch, CA has yet to even say anything about the siege rework/minor settlement battles (making many think, not wrongly, that said rework is just hot air),
    6. even after saying that we shouldn't expect monogod factions as a "sliced DoC with WoC fillings", CA dropped a reskinned Chosen in the main Cathay trailer like if there was nothing wrong with it.
    The big issue is, expecially for the siege rework, if that's how they're working then there's no was crying will stop them, because then they'll have to redo all the work all over again since they won't have the foundations to make the siege rework as good as people expect. Now, intersect this with the fact that this forum is known for holding a small and aggressive base. That's why i doubt any form of crying will change stuff.
  • Yurisusuki#3719Yurisusuki#3719 Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,410

If only we had more info.

Like, I'm firmly on the camp of waiting until we have more info before judging, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to get that info ASAP, as time passes I become more certain that something bad is happening on the marketing department at CA.

Its the same with me, before the end of Troy Mythos Marketing, i was saying "There's no delay, the marketing is bad, but the game is fine", but now?
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

• Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,951

It will sell very well, despite what you do. But by all means don’t get WH3, it’s up to you.
    Then you dont need to White Knight for them, their feelings will remain intact.
    Kneel

Surge_2 said:

Then you dont need to White Knight for them, their feelings will remain intact.
    Me saying I will buy Warhammer and I like Warhammer is not white knighting.
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,824
    Customers have rights too. We pay their bills and keep their lights on. No customers = CA would cease to exist.
    Kelefane said:

Customers have rights too. We pay their bills and keep their lights on. No customers = CA would cease to exist.

They have so many customers paying their bills to keep their lights on that don’t care or will not know about the storm in the teacup warriors whine.
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    Kelefane said:

try it, try to ruin CA let’s see if you can.

Blizzard is still selling as always by the way. Diablo 2 is selling better than Troy and 3K together.

Entitled customers.

*Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,713
    Are you saying I shouldn't ask CA out to hangout with a few beers? Damn, now what am I going to do this weekend..