Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Friendly reminder that CA is a Company and you are just Customers.

Comments

• VikingHuscal1066#5774VikingHuscal1066#5774 Registered Users Posts: 4,431
    I'm so tired of all these foolish people trying to make mountains out of mole hills.

CA is not the same kind of company like EA or Activision, period.

They do understand that keeping us the customers happy is a major key to making money and staying in business. They understand the cycle of things.

They make games and content. We buy the the games and content. And they make more games and content.

And a lot of these people tend to forget that this pandemic has made things hard for quite a few people, and companies can't just have everyone come into work like they use to.

So I think it's ridiculous to act like CA is just not trying or whatever and are just the same as some of the really scummy game companies out there.
  • Cryptic_Freeze#8555Cryptic_Freeze#8555 Registered Users Posts: 616
    edited October 2021
    I think I, and a lot of pre-order...ers, are in a similar situation at this point.

I don't believe in pre-ordering usually, but TW:W is a game series I've come to truly enjoy, so when the announcement trailer came I pre-ordered out of excitement. I would call myself critical of CA's missteps and errors, and I'm strongly opposed to the corporate lap dogs that dominate Reddit and sometimes enter this forum, but I'm gazing at the next month or so with a watchful eye.

If the siege overhaul and overall campaign map/mechanics are as disappointing as some of the lower effort units have been, I will most certainly get rid of my pre-order, and maybe move on if it's just a total disaster.

TW:W3 will either be the straw that breaks the camel's back or the savior of fan expectations. Me, and other fans, have already given in on historical titles ever returning to their shine...thank god for being a Warhammer fan though lol, I feel bad for the players who only care for Shogun and Napoleon, even worse for the old dogs of Rome 1/Shogun 1.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 5,243
    I am mildly disappointed at the lack of variety in monogod units.

...but not enough to deprive myself of playing it for another year or whatever. It's a nitpick at worst.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,951

Surge_2 said:

Friendly reminder that the customers can hit them where it hurts the most: on their pockets.

It will sell very well, despite what you do. But by all means don’t get WH3, it’s up to you.
    Then you dont need to White Knight for them, their feelings will remain intact.
    Me saying I will buy Warhammer and I like Warhammer is not white knighting.
    My quote of you say's nothing about you buying it, or liking Warhammer.

Up your game.
    Kneel

• KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464

I'm so tired of all these foolish people trying to make mountains out of mole hills.

They do understand that keeping us the customers happy is a major key to making money and staying in business. They understand the cycle of things.

They make games and content. We buy the the games and content. And they make more games and content.

And a lot of these people tend to forget that this pandemic has made things hard for quite a few people, and companies can't just have everyone come into work like they use to.

So I think it's ridiculous to act like CA is just not trying or whatever and are just the same as some of the really scummy game companies out there.

''And a lot of these people tend to forget that this pandemic has made things hard for quite a few people, and companies can't just have everyone come into work like they use to.''

Ah yes, the good old pandemic excuse which is thrown at every occasion while people forget that this game was revealed ONE YEAR post-pandemic so they had time to adjust . They also choose to reveal the game early 2021 despite not having much.
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,723
    KronusX said:

''And a lot of these people tend to forget that this pandemic has made things hard for quite a few people, and companies can't just have everyone come into work like they use to.''

Ah yes, the good old pandemic excuse which is thrown at every occasion while people forget that this game was revealed ONE YEAR post-pandemic so they had time to adjust . They also choose to reveal the game early 2021 despite not having much.
    There's worse, one had even blamed Brexit. Anyway, the point is that CA is exactly the same as EA or any other profit-seeking company. They aim at selling as much as possible with as little expenses as possible. The marketing variations matter little. If the customers didn't take "blog" (tm) updates as gospel and tried to refrain from pre-ordering everything on sight, the world would be a much calmer place.

• Sebandirr#6265Sebandirr#6265 Registered Users Posts: 112
    edited October 2021
    Damn EA .... where is the "LoR The Battle for Middle-earth" ... :'(:'(:'(
  • Uagrim#4644Uagrim#4644 Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Friendly reminder as a customer I can tell a company when I do not like their product.
  • hendo#1695hendo#1695 Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    edited October 2021
    Surge_2 said:

Friendly reminder that the customers can hit them where it hurts the most: on their pockets.

It will sell very well, despite what you do. But by all means don’t get WH3, it’s up to you.
    Then you dont need to White Knight for them, their feelings will remain intact.
    Anyone who disagrees with your criticism isn’t white knighting. It means their opinion differs from you. You and others throw that term around to discredit someone else’s perspective without addressing what the person actually said.

Think of it to the same as when some call y’all entitled children (most cases it’s not true—just like the go to “white knight” term).
    Post edited by hendo#1695 on
  • Pappa_Fra#8989Pappa_Fra#8989 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 323
    edited October 2021

KronusX said:

There's worse, one had even blamed Brexit. Anyway, the point is that CA is exactly the same as EA or any other profit-seeking company. They aim at selling as much as possible with as little expenses as possible. The marketing variations matter little. If the customers didn't take "blog" (tm) updates as gospel and tried to refrain from pre-ordering everything on sight, the world would be a much calmer place.
    I work in IT and I can tell you the pandemic, IR35 and to a lesser extent Brexit are most definitely still having an impact on projects irrespective of what you think.

Yes developers can work from home, some times more efficiently than in the office, but not always and recruitment and onboarding definitely take longer.

There is also a massive demand for developers at the moment, lots of places are struggling to get people in and this is reflected in an increase in salaries and day rates.

Now I have no idea if any of this is impacting CA but I’m 100% certain that any claim they are potentially no longer a factor is just wrong.
  • #1609#1609 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,542
    I'm also in software development, and I can confirm. COVID still has an impact, as well as demand for programmers.

I'm also in software development, and I can confirm. COVID still has an impact, as well as demand for programmers.

So did your company decided to put a new product for sale at the beginning of this year and then decided to delay it at the end of the year for next year ?
  • #1609#1609 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,542
    We had planned a version of the software... which has been postponed with no fixed date yet... And will release a much less ambitious version in the meantime.
  • Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,847
    customer with 60$

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

We had planned a version of the software... which has been postponed with no fixed date yet... And will release a much less ambitious version in the meantime.

So in other words you still showed something for your work. The equivalent of what CA is doing is giving tidbits of what they are doing and having the attitude of ''stop being so entitled, at least you are getting some snipbits'' with those being the history behind a new concept you just introduced and how you came up with it.
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
    COVID affects business - the end.
  • Pappa_Fra#8989Pappa_Fra#8989 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 323
    KronusX said:

So in other words you still showed something for your work. The equivalent of what CA is doing is giving tidbits of what they are doing and having the attitude of ''stop being so entitled, at least you are getting some snipbits'' with those being the history behind a new concept you just introduced and how you came up with it.
    That’s not what you were talking about though. You said companies have had a year to plan for the pandemic and it’s not a valid excuse anymore but that is clearly
    not true. Many companies are still struggling and many projects have been delayed as a result.

That said I do agree with you on CAs lack of communication and general approach since February which has been poor.

Pappa_Fra said:

KronusX said:

That’s not what you were talking about though. You said companies have had a year to plan for the pandemic and it’s not a valid excuse anymore but that is clearly
    not true. Many companies are still struggling and many projects have been delayed as a result.

That said I do agree with you on CAs lack of communication and general approach since February which has been poor.

True, my organisation has the ear of the UK government and it still struggled to not be impacted by COVID. To claim it isn't a serious issue is way off the mark.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,951
    I wish I didn't have to complete my development projects while I work over VPN on my corporate network while working from home.

Because Covid. LOL
    Kneel

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,075
    Surge_2 said:

I wish I didn't have to complete my development projects while I work over VPN on my corporate network while working from home.

Because Covid. LOL

I’m alright Jack.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    What is the problem with potential customers complaining about the product?
    No customer is obligated to remain silent if they don't like a product.

if any criticism goes beyond reasonable tone, soo that's why there are rules in the forum and in other communities, defending the company is completely unnecessary.

• mightygloin#2446mightygloin#2446 Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,123

It is also not an excuse to do shoddy work and rip off customers. Nobody minds the delay, just do your work proper. It's not like people are demanding impossible tasks.. frikking models man. If you split the daemons, then do them proper.
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,143
    At least UK companies treat customers like puppies. They treat us like cattle in the States. Fatten us up with fast food only to slaughter us with medical bills.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • Rat-ee-jiK#7094Rat-ee-jiK#7094 Registered Users Posts: 194
    edited October 2021
    thats a nice hard nosed, corpo attitude there.

Image removed.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,070
    edited October 2021
    elkapp said:

Let me make this clear:

*CA don't have to make you happy
    *They don't even have to release TWW3 with all the features they promised, or even release it at all
    *CA is a private company and they do whatever the **** they want to.

*Ok! So as long as customer buy, they shouldn't care?
    *So they can keep talking and promise about exciting stuffs and not worried about making it work. They can remove it anytime.
    *Regarding your 3rd comment, wonder what is this forum for? Isn't it to gather feedback?
  • Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 4,126
    jamreal18 said:

elkapp said:

Let me make this clear:

*CA don't have to make you happy
    *They don't even have to release TWW3 with all the features they promised, or even release it at all
    *CA is a private company and they do whatever the **** they want to.

*Ok! So as long as customer buy, they shouldn't care?
    *So they can keep talking and promise about exciting stuffs and not worried about making it work. They can remove it anytime.
    *Regarding your 3rd comment, wonder what is this forum for? Isn't it to gather feedback?
    In theory it's meant for feedback. Maybe it now exists solely for marketing and to build hype for their products?

There are serious feedback I'd like bring to CA and GW's attenstion concerning how certain factors to do with how Cathay's lore is being written could be percieved by the authorities in China which could possibly affect CA and GW's ability to expand into the Chinese market, like it could get stopped in it's tracks... But I can't since forum rules doesn't allow discussions concerning politics/culture/history etc. If/When the game gets socially censured or banned altogether, I wanted to warn them, but forum rules don't allow me write the warning because it comes under "Heavy Topic"...

Hope CA and GW's knows what they're doing, coz it looks to me like they're sleep walking into a political death pit.
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!
  • Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,096
    The funny thing is most of the customers that are complaining will buy the game anyway.
  • Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,070

The funny thing is most of the customers that are complaining will buy the game anyway.

They will buy the game and that is why they complain if they find something not appropriate regarding the product they buy so CA can fix it unless you are telling them not to give their feedback.

It is also not an excuse to do shoddy work and rip off customers. Nobody minds the delay, just do your work proper. It's not like people are demanding impossible tasks.. frikking models man. If you split the daemons, then do them proper.
    What shoddy work is this? A Skaven player could've asked where Jezzails and Ratling guns were on release but they arrived later. I'm pretty sure WH3 won't be described as 'shoddy' by most.
  • mightygloin#2446mightygloin#2446 Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,123
    So the thread got sneakily moved to chat. Such a polite deletion.