Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is the marketing strategy killing the hype by stalling

EloiPEloiP Registered Users Posts: 6
edited October 5 in Total War General Chat
Why on earth did you announce the game so early if you werent ready … the pandemic cant be your excuse for the miscalculation after a full year already in it?
Guys am i the only ?
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 2,098
    people are learning to just deal with the crap marketing since it obviously isnt gonna change
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,875
    The marketing isn’t meant for people already invested enough that they regularly visit the official forums. It’s taken for granted that most of us will be buying the game regardless.

The strategy is to have a steady flow of information being released so all of this coverage over time provides more opportunities to attract more new customers.

That’s the idea at least. I can’t say if it works in practice as well as in theory, but the point is our enthusiasm is not CA’s objective.
    ò_ó
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,551
    Warlocke said:

The marketing isn’t meant for people already invested enough that they regularly visit the official forums. It’s taken for granted that most of us will be buying the game regardless.

The strategy is to have a steady flow of information being released so all of this coverage over time provides more opportunities to attract more new customers.

That’s the idea at least. I can’t say if it works in practice as well as in theory, but the point is our enthusiasm is not CA’s objective.

Well I can say it's not working since people in youtube and twitter are complaining all the same and it's not like CA's twitter has a huge following either way. The same people who post on youtube are likely the same people who post on discord and reddit and look how that is turning out so far.
    And even so, even by looking at this video, do you even think that is going to capture people's attention? Where are the cool action scenes or animations? Even the attempt to hype up the unit falls flat.
  • littlenukelittlenuke Registered Users Posts: 817
    Because something happened and they have nothing to show, so they cover it up but releasing whatever crap they can find in their hard drives until they can catch up.

I really hope I'm massively exaggerating and it's not true.
    Karaz-A-Karak discord: https://discord.gg/UZV6F5N

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,804
    For me personally, I wouldn't say it's killing the hype but it's definitely not helping it.

I'm stoked as all hell for Warhammer 3 and still think it's going to be a great game. I'm just not stoked on the news we're getting at a snail's pace.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 620
    idk with the knowledge that the game isn't coming till at least a few months into 2022 I think holding a bit for later might not be the worst idea. I know everyone wants information (myself included) but having 6 months of nothing leading up to the game might not be better
  • EloiPEloiP Registered Users Posts: 6
    MODIDDLY1 said:

idk with the knowledge that the game isn't coming till at least a few months into 2022 I think holding a bit for later might not be the worst idea. I know everyone wants information (myself included) but having 6 months of nothing leading up to the game might not be better

I understand your point but they can put at least a little bit of game mechanism in the mix , we had Khorne and The russians for 6 months and we dont even know whats the 2nd spell or any mechanisms for the races except the bonus for killing with Khorne..
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 1,230
    eloueloi said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

I understand your point but they can put at least a little bit of game mechanism in the mix , we had Khorne and The russians for 6 months and we dont even know whats the 2nd spell or any mechanisms for the races except the bonus for killing with Khorne..
    I think you are right, but the problem is that we know like nothing for now. No map, no in game stats, spells, abilities, not every model is clearly shown in game. We dont know siege rework, diplomacy, AI, neither if they will improve MP or rework WoC. We dont know the Preorder, the full rosters of every race. The new mechanic of survival battle is now... silent. The campaign mechanics ? The start position ? The new settlements ? Where is going the giga campaign ? Does the main campaign make us play into the realm of chaos ? If yes how ? Do we really conquer the realm of chaos of others gods or just have links to a ''main portal'' in the chaos wastes ? Does mortal can even go in there more than just 1 battle ?

We dont know if the giga campaign will be at release or 1 year later, we dont know if some factions like Nippon or Ind are possible, we dont know if the bleeding mechanic will do something to multiplayer or just weaken some characters.

Like atm... we know what ? Khorne and Kislev roster ? Some units of Tzeentch and Cathay ? We dont even know most of the stats... the design and variations in game.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,656
    CA's marketing be like:

Unfortunately I don't think it's going to get much better with how behind schedule they seem to be.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Stung by people disagreeing with you? Try calling them shills and whiteknights, it's way easier than debating.
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 2,098
    obviously.... Marketing is the reason everyone lost faith in CA and losing hope in Wh3 being good. Ima play it regardless but still
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,193
    edited October 5
    eloueloi said:

Why on earth did you announce the game so early if you werent ready … the pandemic cant be your excuse for the miscalculation after a full year already in it?
    Guys am i the only ?

Nope, i fully agree they should have announced it later. Not counting for delay, announcing it in may and then followup with rapid fire kislev\khorne would be a bit better.

In hindsight (the delay) they could have waited until september at least (maybe even later dpending on how delayed the game is).
    Bonutz said:

For me personally, I wouldn't say it's killing the hype but it's definitely not helping it.

I'm stoked as all hell for Warhammer 3 and still think it's going to be a great game. I'm just not stoked on the news we're getting at a snail's pace.

+1
  • K3KevilinioK3Kevilinio Registered Users Posts: 244
    The People speak about the Game. So is the Marketing really failing? Don’t understand me wrong, i hate this marketing. To hope to get something new and then got the same food I already know. (And only a little portion)

Bad Marketing is still Marketing. And companies like activision blizzard still exist, they’re Marketing and scandals are a lot worse like (Warcraft 3 reforged) and you know the others.
  • TombThingsTombThings Registered Users Posts: 130
    My theory is that this marketing is infuriating to the die hard fans like us but is probably fine marketing for the new potential players who are the main target for marketing.

Like when we see a short trailer of a terracotta sentinel doing stuff we’ve seen it’s annoying to us. But if it just got 100k new eyes on YouTube then the marketers did well.
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,027
    Laindesh said:

eloueloi said:

Guys am i the only ?

Nope, i fully agree they should have announced it later. Not counting for delay, announcing it in may and then followup with rapid fire kislev\khorne would be a bit better.

In hindsight (the delay) they could have waited until september at least (maybe even later dpending on how delayed the game is).
    Bonutz said:

+1
    Had they delayed the annoucement until September people would have been going crazy about the lack of news about WH3 and would have been spamming this forum, reddit, discord and any video not about Warhammer with angry posts.
    CA's marketing have not been good but as far as the announcement is concerned they were really in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation. Plenty of people would have been angry either way. Sure things may have ended up better once September rolled around but that is hindsight.
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
    If the game has been put back until Feb to Jun can they keep a constant rate of info drops running for that long? It would bore the heck out of everyone.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,373
    Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.