Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The newest exploit

Chris lolChris lol Senior MemberPosts: 1,436Registered Users
When me and my mate search for 2v2 matchmades, we never allow merging with other teams. And usually this does not happen. But there is one specific team of 3 players, where we always get matched against and get some random guy. We get thrown into a 3v3 while we specifically did not enable this.

What then always happens is that these three opponents always will be a one star so that it is 5k, a ten star melee general and a ten star bow general. Basically an immortal 5k set-up.

The result is people who are not even looking for 3v3 are forced to play a 5k battle against two extremely buffed generals. It also always is the exact same three people. I do not know wether it is a hack or a bug they are exploiting, but it is starting to get extremely annoying.

I will upload a video to youtube with proof.

Edit: http://youtu.be/4i7-htQno4E
Post edited by Chris lol on

Comments

• Julius_CaesarJulius_Caesar Senior Member Posts: 330Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    ur complaining about wins
  • themonkeythemonkey Senior Member Posts: 310Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    ur complaining about wins

people play 2v2 for a reason.......

and I can verify this as it did happen to me and my partner....but you can't call it an exploit just a ****ty bug.....
    gn = <g) gensou If you want to 1v1 message me :0, need to find more good player to play with :0 to improve ;).
  • Chris lolChris lol Senior Member Posts: 1,436Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    themonkey wrote: »
    people play 2v2 for a reason.......

and I can verify this as it did happen to me and my partner....but you can't call it an exploit just a ****ty bug.....

It is the same people always. Always the same three. Day after day week after week >_>
  • admiral_trompadmiral_tromp Senior Member Posts: 554Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    it's a horrible exploit, being a melee gen 5k are in my advantage but this is very unfair. I think you get the 3rd guy in your team because he's not a team, so he can merge because he's an individual which makes it ok to the matchmaking system.
    the die is cast
    Gaius Julius Caesar
    prepare to fight - for, evidently you have found peace intolerable
    Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus Major
    your councils be long, your doings be slow, consider the end
    Marcus Junius Brutus Caepio
    moreover, I advise that Carthage should be destroyed
    Cato the Elder
    Proud to be part of Arcani
  • PariyaPariya Senior Member Posts: 566Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Maby they just changed something we were unaware of in a recent update. Changed it to make people who search 3v3 and 4v4 more likely to find opponents. Maby these are just the only people searching 3v3 and 4v4 so tha'ts why there the only ones this ever happens with. Try searching 3v3 or 4v4 yourself. You shouldn't be able to find anything, see if it finds you opponents now. If not then ye there exploiting some kind of bug or cheat.

Personally when i do 5k i use 4 retainers that buff my gen and 1 retainer that buffs a katana hero. Throw a very good cavalry unit in there and you got yourself a deadly 5k army.
    I guess i'll start linking my channel again: http://www.YouTube.com/BadEgoGM
  • PinxitPinxit Senior Member Posts: 199Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    You could just leave the game in the lobby you know :P
  • Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 27,829Registered Users, Moderators
    edited December 2011
    I could be very wrong, but I thought the unit size was related to the specs of the lowest specced PC. Low specs = small sized units.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    edited December 2011
    I could be very wrong, but I thought the unit size was related to the specs of the lowest specced PC. Low specs = small sized units.

Wait who mentioned unit sizes? O.o

That has nothing to do with this haha. They make the match be small FUNDS, (5k koku battle)

They then force people who were not searching for 3v3 into one, and they bring a melee and bow gen which are extremely good on 5k battles. Guaranteed wins basically
  • Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 27,829Registered Users, Moderators
    edited December 2011
    You're right - I was confusing unit size and fund size.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

edited December 2011
    You're right - I was confusing unit size and fund size.

No worries mate. Just wanted to avoid confusion :)

Anyway unit SIZE is not limited by PC specs: it is limited by the person who chose the lowest unit size. You can have the best PC in the world and still make people play on small unit size. It is not a PC spec related setting, it is user defined :)

Anyway that is completely offtopic haha
    edited December 2011
    Back to topic. So what you have is two issues? One is that your 2v2 searches keep pulling up 3v3 games. The other is that there is a team of three with a guy who is always one star, game after game.

Did you ever look at this one star guy's record?

edited December 2011
    Back to topic. So what you have is two issues? One is that your 2v2 searches keep pulling up 3v3 games. The other is that there is a team of three with a guy who is always one star, game after game.

Did you ever look at this one star guy's record?

This is correct. We search for 2v2 only yet get thrown into a 3v3. The enemy players are always the same three when this happens. I can only assume the one star keeps resetting his avatar once his stars get too high.

I will definately check the one stars amount of matches played listed in shogun 2 itself, and compare that to hours played listed on his steam profile.
    edited December 2011
    I assume the same. You might want to check again after you've played a few more times, so that you know his stats should be higher.

• TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited December 2011
    i dont see anything wrong with people taking advantage of low funds with their Bow/Melee gens, just as people choose leader gens for larger funds.
  • StrakerYriusStrakerYrius Senior Member Posts: 249Registered Users
    edited December 2011

No - that was R-TW. I have a PC that only just meets the required specs and its quite happy to let me play with large unit sizes.
  • ThesaboteurThesaboteur Senior Member Posts: 812Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Thats not a exploit. Its personal choice. If you chose leadership you are going to be at a disadvantage at 5K battles. You could say the same for bow/melee generals in 14K battles. Leadership rises with numbers and the others have the advantage in 5K battles.
  • themonkeythemonkey Senior Member Posts: 310Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Thats not a exploit. Its personal choice. If you chose leadership you are going to be at a disadvantage at 5K battles. You could say the same for bow/melee generals in 14K battles. Leadership rises with numbers and the others have the advantage in 5K battles.

you should read the whole post.....that two times.......
    gn = <g) gensou If you want to 1v1 message me :0, need to find more good player to play with :0 to improve ;).
    edited December 2011
    They couldn't just leave if they didnt want to fight that 3v3?
  • barangucbaranguc Member Posts: 61Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Well then take some naginata unit and their melee general is death! 3 naginata attadant or one yari ashigaru will do keep their moral high and you win!
  • IemandIemand Senior Member Posts: 145Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Melee gen ignores the anti cav bonus.
    They cut through ashi and attendants as if they are not there.

Thing is though: If you dont want 3v3, you should not be forced into 3v3.
  • AresGodofWar1214AresGodofWar1214 Senior Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Some of the responses to this thread are absolutely stupid.
    i dont see anything wrong with people taking advantage of low funds with their Bow/Melee gens, just as people choose leader gens for larger funds.

They are using a 1 star in their team to make it 5k. If we were playing them normally, it would have been 14k 2v2. Instead they make it 5k with the 1 star they bring. Did you even watch it?
    Well then take some naginata unit and their melee general is death! 3 naginata attadant or one yari ashigaru will do keep their moral high and you win!

Genius, 10 star melee general has no bonus vs spears, 10 star bow general has armour penetrating arrows, ie, neither is useful at all.
    They couldn't just leave if they didnt want to fight that 3v3?

We were matched up against them like 4 times in a row, wasting our time with a match type we specifically weren't looking for. So we did leave, but they shouldn't be able to do this, as it reaks of being intentional.
  • snake25snake25 Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Chris lol wrote: »
    Wait who mentioned unit sizes? O.o

That has nothing to do with this haha. They make the match be small FUNDS, (5k koku battle)

They then force people who were not searching for 3v3 into one, and they bring a melee and bow gen which are extremely good on 5k battles. Guaranteed wins basically

Typical leader general....... Och i dont play small matches because my general is leader,i need more unbalance asigaru and attendants , LEader left the game....
  • andferpaandferpa Senior Member Posts: 2,520Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    That is not the issue snake, why should they be forced to fight 3v3s if searching for 2v2s?

It is not clear to me, did you guys disable the merge with other teams option and try again?
    Andokides
    All war is based on deception.
    Sun Tzu
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
    Sun Tzu
    A leader is a dealer in hope.
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
    Alexander the Great
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
    William Shakespeare.
    edited December 2011
    Some of the responses to this thread are absolutely stupid.

They are using a 1 star in their team to make it 5k. If we were playing them normally, it would have been 14k 2v2. Instead they make it 5k with the 1 star they bring. Did you even watch it?

Genius, 10 star melee general has no bonus vs spears, 10 star bow general has armour penetrating arrows, ie, neither is useful at all.

We were matched up against them like 4 times in a row, wasting our time with a match type we specifically weren't looking for. So we did leave, but they shouldn't be able to do this, as it reaks of being intentional.

Oh.... I am sorry you guys just couldnt handle a melee gen and bow gen... let me sympathize with you....
    edited December 2011
    TheDuke wrote: »
    Oh.... I am sorry you guys just couldnt handle a melee gen and bow gen... let me sympathize with you....

How about you troll a little harder, or at least make sense. This thread is about people exploiting the match making system to use a 1 star and draw people who are specifically looking for 2v2's and NOT 3v3's into 5k 3v3's, where their Bow and Melee General would be unbeatable. This has nothing to do with "not being able to handle a melee gen and a bow gen", as if this was a flat out 2v2 we played these guys in as we were searching for, we would have flattened them no questions asked. I'd sympathize with your inability to read, or just your downright stupidity, but wheres the fun in that?
  • Julius_CaesarJulius_Caesar Senior Member Posts: 330Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    If you guys want to troll leader gens there are plenty of other threads on the first page alone to go do that but this is about a 3v3 exploit not about general leader trees.
    edited December 2011
    How about you troll a little harder, or at least make sense. This thread is about people exploiting the match making system to use a 1 star and draw people who are specifically looking for 2v2's and NOT 3v3's into 5k 3v3's, where their Bow and Melee General would be unbeatable. This has nothing to do with "not being able to handle a melee gen and a bow gen", as if this was a flat out 2v2 we played these guys in as we were searching for, we would have flattened them no questions asked. I'd sympathize with your inability to read, or just your downright stupidity, but wheres the fun in that?

tl;dr

stopped caring.
  • spicykoreanspicykorean Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    The guy has no understanding of what bonus vs. cav means.
    With that being the case, do you really think that he would bother reading the actual content of what he's failing to troll? :)
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I wish I could always use that line instead of admitting ignorance. "Oh, I just stopped caring"
  • AMPAMP Senior Member Posts: 1,225Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    This is what happens when you fail to have a standard fund amount. I said the samething about different unit sizes for MM when the game was released that you need to have a standard. If you had units balanced around a certain fund amount and unit size the MM would be a much better experience for everyone.