Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Forumites What games do you play besides TW?

BoriaBoria Registered Users Posts: 311
edited October 11 in Off Topic General
On Computer I only play mostly TW now, honestly, I ran out of things to play there months ago.

So I went back to oldies that I still enjoy to this day.

DoW1- To me the best dawn of war ever out of the three, I hope SEGA would make a remake of this classic.
Company Of Heroes 2- Unbalanced mess now but used to enjoy it.
Age OF Wonders 3- Enjoy it way more than the latest installment AofW:Planetfall...
Mushroom Wars 2- For quick simple multi-player matches.
Total War Rome 2-Little here and there
Total War Attila- Still play it I find it very challenging, if you want a challenging campaign with no AI cheating Play normal Western Roman Empire.
Infested Planet is- Very fun indie game that reminds me of Starship troopers.
Dark Deity- Turn-based strategy clone of old school Gameboy Fire Emblem.
They Are Billions- Steampunk Survival RTS is not bad but not great.

Before really enjoyed
Advance Wars 1-2 and Dual Strike is my favorite game of all time.
Horizon Dawn
Battlefield 1
Xcom1 and Xcom2.
Dragon Dogma( where the hell is my sequel???)

For you that want to play something different

Age of Darkness: Last Stand- Survival RTS New game early access, They Are Billions Clone set in Medieval age. not worth it much now, surviving things get very old very fast. but holds promise.
Starship trooper: Terran Command- RTS, this is a free demo if you want to play, like it soo far.

These are my go-to games at the moment, not including PS games. I don't play as much as i do few hours a day, I do have other hobbies BJJ, Gardening, Reading and trying to improve my writing and learning another language. Investing and Learning about Passive income is also something I am really into since they exploit me at work....
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 687
    Not much TBH.

Assassins' Creed Odyssey, Skyrim, a game that I bet almost no one here would be into (Pro evolution called e-football now).

Will be playing the new Age of Empires and debating if I should get human kind. My main issue with those games is while I like the campaign mechanics I actively don't care for the combat after playing TW for the past two decades.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,024
    right now Pathfinder WOR, also Apex occasionally
    BsFG dwarf
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    Battlefield 2042 demo sucks.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,084
    ONI, Stellaris, Phasmaphobia, Vermintide, Deeprock Galactic, Witcher....

Allsorts really, but TW:WH is my most played by a country mile
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,330
    I played the **** out of Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous lately and now I've started New World.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,076
    edited October 9
    Just finished Deathloop.
    I found it good and bad at the same time. Somehow i overall enjoyed it even though the actual gameplay/gunplay got stale extremely fast + the game was waaaaaaaay too easy.
    But I really liked the tone/style/theme and somewhat also the story of the game.

Onwards to Riftbreaker in a couple of days and got my future eyes on EverSpace 2.

Also of anyone likes singleplayer rogue like deckbuilder games akin to Slay The Spire,then give Monster Train a go. Was a huge hit for me.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,985

a game that I bet almost no one here would be into (Pro evolution called e-football now).

I played some old PES games. From around Playstation 1 era.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,775
    I have stuff on my wish list that has gone on sale several times but I don’t buy anything. Last game I played that wasn’t TWW2 was Cyberpunk and I stopped playing that when I finished it in Febuary or March. I don’t really play games that much these days. Going to have a look at Darktide when that releases but while I enjoyed Vermintide I don’t see myself having enough interest and time to sink into it.

I’ll play TWW3 and that’s pretty much it. But seeing how much time I plowed into TWW2 in the first two years I imagine I’ll at the bare minimum be having my first months after release covered.

But really I don’t feel games are as fun as they used to be.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,976
    Hmm, currently
    • Stellaris
    • Star Trek Online
    • Gems of War
    • trying to dive back into Star Wars The Old republic (addon in December)
    • Got a Star Wars Rogue Squadrons recently from the free Amazon Prime gaming and want to give it a spin.
    • This weekend is free Phoenix Point, and since the devs are on my sh*tlist for being EGSclusive sellouts, at least a good way to test the game and decide how low on future sale prices I might go.
    I just let myself flow to whatever interests me. Or what new game I can pick up in a sale from a growing wishlist. End of next month the Black Friday sale hopefully might be useful. or mabye even this months Halloween sale.

-----Red Dox
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,778
    I play a lot of Apex Legends.

It's a fun casual game where I can just click heads and talk trash. I'm also in the Goldilocks zone of skill. Good enough to drag few teams down, not too good to carry every game.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,287
    Right now
    Far Cry 6
    My o'l potato of a pc barely meets the minimum req, heck i had to upgrade to windows 10 just to be able to play it😅

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • kratostatickratostatic Registered Users Posts: 567
    Mostly paradox games - lately mostly HOI4 and CK3.
    Reeks said:

Right now
    Far Cry 6
    My o'l potato of a pc barely meets the minimum req, heck i had to upgrade to windows 10 just to be able to play it😅

Is it any good?
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

Reeks said:

Right now
    Far Cry 6

My god have you been running TWWH2 in 8-bit pixel mode then?

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,179
    Currently Warhammer 40K Space Marine, my 183727374 Mass Effect Legendary Edition run that I will follow with another Andromeda run and some Stellaris.

Reeks said:

Right now
    Far Cry 6

Is it any good?
    Far Cry is Far Cry.. Did you enjoy any of the games since 3 then it's for you. Same game new skin.

Reeks said:

Right now
    Far Cry 6

Funny that someone that likes Skaven has a PC that will probably die each time he sees them on a battle.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,150
    Any game that I want to experience as long as the price falls within my annual budget for video games. Over the years I have become very demanding when it comes to playing video games, I play the best of the best, and always looking for the most diverse experiences.
    brago90 said:

Any game that I want to experience as long as the price falls within my annual budget for video games. Over the years I have become very demanding when it comes to playing video games, I play the best of the best, and always looking for the most diverse experiences.

That seems like a weird point of view, a game doesn't need to be the best of the best for you to enjoy it, heck, I have enjoyed Cyberpunk and Mass Effect Andromeda even with all their problems, maybe I'm the weird one.
    Pede said:

Reeks said:

Right now
    Far Cry 6

Is it any good?
    Far Cry is Far Cry.. Did you enjoy any of the games since 3 then it's for you. Same game new skin.
    I assumed so.

I enjoyed the Island one till the ending kinda sucked.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,330

brago90 said:

That seems like a weird point of view, a game doesn't need to be the best of the best for you to enjoy it, heck, I have enjoyed Cyberpunk and Mass Effect Andromeda even with all their problems, maybe I'm the weird one.
    I've been massively disappointed by Cyberpunk and I still enjoyed it.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,937
    My recurrent go-to's are Stellaris and TF2, but I play a good deal of classic RTS, Souls and Soulslikes, Metroidvanias, 3D platformers and stealth titles predominantly. Other than that my tastes are far to eclectic to really pin down, for example: Overlord is one of my favorite games of all time yet it doesn't fit in any of the above categories. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

Neodeinos said:

brago90 said:

I've been massively disappointed by Cyberpunk and I still enjoyed it.
    I simply tossed aside any previous expectations and once you do that is a good game, not the best, but it's good, it's when you compare it with what was promised that it becomes bad.

It also helps that it was gifted to me so it didn't felt like I had wasted my money or anything like that.
  • Cryptic_FreezeCryptic_Freeze Registered Users Posts: 426
    Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, **** you GI
    Noita
    Pavlov VR
    Blade & Sorcery (VR)
    Barotrauma
    Insurgency: Sandstorm
    Mordhau
    Halo MCC
    Verdun/Tannenberg
    Dark Souls Remastered

these are my most recent, at least.
  • rrinscheidrrinscheid Registered Users Posts: 169
    Been playing the hell out of the Borderlands series lately.

Also been known to play a lot of the Fallout/Elder Scrolls series.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,390
    Ryse: Son of Rome
  • ScionOfTheEmperorScionOfTheEmperor Registered Users Posts: 362
    Total War Saga: Troy
    &
    FFXIV

Are the Main ones I'm playing at the moment,
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    TBC Classic
    Wrath of the Righteous
    CoD
    Diablo III
    Doom Eternal
    Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 (maybe another play through...)

Hmm not sure what else right now.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,509
    Dead by Daylight
    Nier : Replicant
    The Sims 4
    Frostpunk
    Doom Eternal DLC (is really hard!)
    Darkest Dungeon
    Off Peak City

and a lot of building/tycoon games. I like wasting my time watching light come out of boxes.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,985
    edited October 9
    My current rotation of games would be:

AoE2 DE
    Fire Emblem Echoes
    Vermintide 2
    Dead by Daylight(I'm gonna abandon this one, however)
    Victoria 2 (searching for a new mod to try out)

Alongside TWW, of course.

I have considered playing one of the UFO After____ series games. Either Afterlight or Aftershock. Probably Aftershock, it's the only one I haven't fully completed yet(due to running into a bug that makes the game unwinnable).

Or maybe Dawn of War. Discussion on here awoke old desires.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT