Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Yes they can!

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,448
Nice thread from reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/q6levx/in_another_wfb_rts_mark_of_chaos_certain_units/
Classic Mark Of Chaos and skaven taking wall

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Tagged:

Comments

• KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 900
    Different units should have different ways of climbing wall. Some content creators are talking about it too.

Hopefully CA makes the changes. Not everyone needs the ass ladder.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,347
    edited October 12
    "Storm of Chaos" introduced Flayerkin for WoC, so they had a unit which could swiftly climb up walls and start harrassing defenders and also acted as a "ladder" itself.

Of course such a unit is with TWWs "pocket ladder" losing its main appeal so god knows if we ever would see those.

------Red Dox
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,222
    Truly out of question for a company as small as CA.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    In Mark of Chaos you could also embed characters and have proper duels.

Of course, MoC had its own shortcomings like extremely stiff combat animations (think Rock'em Sock'em Robots) and very bleh battle design in general, so you win some and you lose some.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,132
    I don't see the issue.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,839
    So basically how wall scaling worked in 3k
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183
    Nothing sadder than seeing Greenskins Spiders looking confused as they face a wall
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,132
    KirGeo said:

I don't see the issue.

Have never seen you have an "issue" with anything that might require CA to put in a bit more work.

Just an observation.
    Shrug. I can't be bothered debating this. You're welcome to your personal assessment. It's really not my business and I'd sooner it be kept as such.

I know you didn't mean to start the derailment and you're not at fault (in my opinion) but I will say this stuff of back and forth name calling has no place on the forum.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,378
    Trolling and off topic remarks removed. Discuss the thread subject, such as it is, and avoid comments to or about other members commenting.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 855

I don't see the issue.

thank you for your opinion and participation
    ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)