Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cathay's 2 DLC + 2 FLC

ExtraneusExtraneus Registered Users Posts: 69
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
First DLC: Monkey King DLC + Fire Dragon FLC.

Second DLC: Jade Vampire DLC

Nippon DLC + Sea Dragon FLC.

That will be everything for Cathay in game 3.

Comments

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,912
    Nippon gonna be a campagne pack

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,078
    I expect 3 LPs like LM.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,261
    DLC Monkey DLC against Chaos with Fire Dragon

Crossover DLC Sea Dragon against DE

Don´t reall know how the jade vampire will fit in. But they could be part of the jade dragon DLC/FLC.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,488
    I think you're mostly right about what's DLC and FLC, (except Jade DRAGON rather than Jade Vampire) but I think there will be more than that. I can't see them not getting 3 LPs minimum and honestly I expect 4 with how popular I expect Cathay to be. I'm just hoping they spice it up more in the LL department, like a Ching Shih character or Jade Vampire or secret Tzeentchy Cultist LL ala Golden Magus or even one of those Stasi Birdmen rather than just more Dragon siblings.

Monkey King gonna be sweet though.
    Ferestor said:

Don´t reall know how the jade vampire will fit in. But they could be part of the jade dragon DLC/FLC.

Or against Gutrot Spume if he’s going to be DLC.
    ArneSo said:

Ferestor said:

God I hope Spume's DLC. Literally the only End Times character I actually like.

ArneSo said:

Ferestor said:

God I hope Spume's DLC. Literally the only End Times character I actually like.
    His model would be quite complex and require new animations, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s indeed DLC.

ArneSo said:

His model would be quite complex and require new animations, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s indeed DLC.

Problem is the competition is fierce for Nurgle.
    Tamurkhan is I think the most likely first DLC LL and rightly so.
    Epidemeus could be DLC or FLC, depends on if Plaguebearer Lords have his mount or not.
    Festus could be DLC with his backpack tentacle thing, but he seems most likely as FLC to me.

ET has the Glottkin who I think is the most likely to be the DLC Lord out of the ET characters. Very flashy model and is the most unique of the new characters.
    The 3 brothers with the mounts I don't think have a chance as actual LLs but are still options and come with admittedly cool mounts.
    Spume is just a guy with a really cool model and backstory. I don't think he'd sell as well as a Glottkin or Tamurkhan. Love to be wrong though as he'd be 3rd on my missing Nurgle character tier list, behind Tamurkhan and Epidemeus.

ArneSo said:

Problem is the competition is fierce for Nurgle.
    Tamurkhan is I think the most likely first DLC LL and rightly so.
    Epidemeus could be DLC or FLC, depends on if Plaguebearer Lords have his mount or not.
    Festus could be DLC with his backpack tentacle thing, but he seems most likely as FLC to me.

ET has the Glottkin who I think is the most likely to be the DLC Lord out of the ET characters. Very flashy model and is the most unique of the new characters.
    The 3 brothers with the mounts I don't think have a chance as actual LLs but are still options and come with admittedly cool mounts.
    Spume is just a guy with a really cool model and backstory. I don't think he'd sell as well as a Glottkin or Tamurkhan. Love to be wrong though as he'd be 3rd on my missing Nurgle character tier list, behind Tamurkhan and Epidemeus.
    Similar to Cathay, I expect 3 LPs for Nurgle. There is simply so much stuff and considering how compact the core rosters are, we’ll need 3 LPs Minimum to get all that fancy stuff.

Tamurkhan and Glottkin are the obvious first 2 LP candidates.

Epidemius is clear FLC Material like all Heralds.

In the end it comes down to Gutrot and Festus. Both could be either DLC or FLC.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    it is almost certain that Cathay will get 3 lord packs. It looks like Cathay will be CA's favorite race in warhammer 3 just like Skaven in warhammer 2.

I expect these 3 DLCs:
    1. Jade Dragon vs Tzeentch LL in Cathay city with cult of Tzeentch.
    2. Monkey King vs Threat from the South. Most likely, Greenskins LL in Khuresh.
    3. Sea Dragon vs Threat from the East. Most likely, Dark Elves LL in Nippon or Lost Isles of Elithis.
    Fire Dragon make most sense as FLC legendary lord together with Monkey King lord pack. So, Cathay will have magic number 6.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • SerkeletSerkelet Member Registered Users Posts: 777
    Mmmh...

If CA have any intention to add Khuresh in a DLC, I would say that the fire dragon is more likely to come as a FLC then.
    Serkelet said:

Mmmh...

If CA have any intention to add Khuresh in a DLC, I would say that the fire dragon is more likely to come as a FLC then.

He should be the FLC for the Monkey King LP.
    ArneSo said:

How so? The Blue Scribes are nothing like normal Heralds of Tzeentch and The Masque of Slannesh has more arms than other heralds and moves completely differently. Epidemeus' mount is unique to him, if other Heralds get it also, than I can see FLC tier but if not he could be DLC also. Plus 3 Mortal DLCs vs 2 + 1 Daemon DLC is way more interesting imo. Means we can get Plaguebearers on Toads, I forget what their called.

ArneSo said:

How so? The Blue Scribes are nothing like normal Heralds of Tzeentch and The Masque of Slannesh has more arms than other heralds and moves completely differently. Epidemeus' mount is unique to him, if other Heralds get it also, than I can see FLC tier but if not he could be DLC also. Plus 3 Mortal DLCs vs 2 + 1 Daemon DLC is way more interesting imo. Means we can get Plaguebearers on Toads, I forget what their called.

I still can’t see the Heralds to be DLC honestly. Could be wrong tho.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,997
    I want Li Dao, Ruler of the Southern Provinces and the Mountains of Heaven, Master of the Burning Winds and Lord of the Phoenix to be DLC LL!
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• SerkeletSerkelet Member Registered Users Posts: 777
    ArneSo said:

Serkelet said:

Mmmh...

So what would his campaign be about, if there is no Ind nor Khuresh? Andy said his whole reason to be there is to defend against those two threats.
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 1,054
    Jade Vampires dint fit in the cathay roster
  • SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 175
    Well, it's hard to tell.

Monkey King is likely to be the 1st Cathay DLC. The one that brings the Monkey Warriors that are the 2nd most numerous race in Cathay. I believe Lord Packs will start with WH3 races only, for them all to quickly somewhat meet the standards of the WH1/WH2 races. So I'd bet against one of the many LL-worthy Nurgle dudes.

Fire Dragon is FLC material. Probably alongside the MK vs Nurgle DLC.

Sea Dragon is a tricky one. A DLC would offer a thematic match-up with High Elves that are currently missing their Sea Theme. Maybe more aerial units and Sea-themed Corsairs or whatever for Cathay. But should a Nippon Campaign Pack happen, she'd also be the perfect FLC.

Now, between Jade Dragon and Jade Vampire, I really don't know. I feel that for the sake of their names, they should somewhat come together. Maybe Jade Dragon DLC with Vampire Lords/Heroes or Legendary Hero ? Maybe Jade Vampire DLC with Jade Dragon FLC ?
    Serkelet said:

ArneSo said:

Serkelet said:

Mmmh...

So what would his campaign be about, if there is no Ind nor Khuresh? Andy said his whole reason to be there is to defend against those two threats.
    Whatever CA wants it to be.
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,112
    They are not going to use Cathay DLC slots to add Nippon since it would require the budget of race or campaign pack. And having Nippon as Cathay DLC would cause massive outrage among the Chinese customers.
    KN_Gars said:

They are not going to use Cathay DLC slots to add Nippon since it would require the budget of race or campaign pack. And having Nippon as Cathay DLC would cause massive outrage among the Chinese customers.

Yeah it would probably be the dumbest idea ever to make Nippon a LP for Cathay. Won’t happen.
    KN_Gars said:

I took it as they mean a Nippon race DLC with a Cathay FLC. Japan DLC for China makes about as much sense as Chaos DLC for Lizardmen so I assume that can't be what they mean.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,261

KN_Gars said:

I took it as they mean a Nippon race DLC with a Cathay FLC. Japan DLC for China makes about as much sense as Chaos DLC for Lizardmen so I assume that can't be what they mean.
    This could well be. But I think the sea dragon has to muh potential for FLC.
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Im gonna say, for the 2 DLC model, in no perticular order:

1. Sea Dragon vs Dark Elves (Dark Elf WH3 update with either Tullaris Dreadbringer or Kouran Darkhand)

2. Monkey King vs. Lizardmen or Beastmen (WH3 update for either, assuming the Naga Snakemen and Ind are their own seperate thing)

Since most of Cathay's surrounding enemies are up for the race pack treatment, none of those can make the DLC spots and thus you have to look to the races of previous games. Dark Elf raiders is immediately the most obvious enemy and that validates the Sea Dragon. The Monkey King, assuming he doesn't get a seperate race, would have to focus on either the Lizardmen expedition in the Lost City of the Old Ones (which should've been lead by Oxyotl) or of the Beastmen hanging around Khuresh.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 7,419
    Serkelet said:

Monkey King.
  • KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 913
    edited October 2021
    I see Jade vampire coming as a VC or a Nagash sub undead faction.

Nippon LL with Sea Dragon FLC probably wont happen. We haven't had a new race introduced in a LP.
    Now if CA says they will do DLC for DLC with game 3 DLC races then a Nippon LL vs Sea Dragon LL is possible.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,477

Well, it's hard to tell.

Monkey King is likely to be the 1st Cathay DLC. The one that brings the Monkey Warriors that are the 2nd most numerous race in Cathay. I believe Lord Packs will start with WH3 races only, for them all to quickly somewhat meet the standards of the WH1/WH2 races. So I'd bet against one of the many LL-worthy Nurgle dudes.

Sea Dragon is a tricky one. A DLC would offer a thematic match-up with High Elves that are currently missing their Sea Theme. Maybe more aerial units and Sea-themed Corsairs or whatever for Cathay. But should a Nippon Campaign Pack happen, she'd also be the perfect FLC.

Now, between Jade Dragon and Jade Vampire, I really don't know. I feel that for the sake of their names, they should somewhat come together. Maybe Jade Dragon DLC with Vampire Lords/Heroes or Legendary Hero ? Maybe Jade Vampire DLC with Jade Dragon FLC ?

Given how well rounded cathaya roster is and how many mechanics they have, they really need to start with cross game packs otherwise game 2 races are going to lag even further behind.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,045
    Cathay's very clearly the major core of TWW3.

With regards to LPs 3 is a minimum, and it's debatable that even with 6 core races that Cathay's more likely to get 4 than 3. It's also likely to take the lions share in every single one of those LPS.

Thus.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,477
    KirGeo said:

I see Jade vampire coming as a VC or a Nagash sub undead faction.

Nippon LL with Sea Dragon FLC probably wont happen. We haven't had a new race introduced in a LP.
    Now if CA says they will do DLC for DLC with game 3 DLC races then a Nippon LL vs Sea Dragon LL is possible.

VC aren't likely to get more than 1 dlc.

Given they are missing Neferata, Zacharias, Abhorash and one of the Strigoi lords, no chance they are getting a made up Jade Vampire chracter

Well, it's hard to tell.

Given how well rounded cathaya roster is and how many mechanics they have, they really need to start with cross game packs otherwise game 2 races are going to lag even further behind.
    What??? How can WH2 races be behind WH3 ones when they have huge rosters and 6-7 LLs?

Nah mate, WH3 races really have to catch up. They only have 1-2 LLs and pretty small and compact rosters.

If you expect crossovers from the start you just set yourself up for disappointment.