Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA

andrusca89andrusca89 Registered Users Posts: 3
edited October 2021 in Total War General Chat
Do you guys thinks that CA credibility started to be affected in the eyes of the consummer?

There have been several lies told in the past (siege rework came in a month late, initially the supply system was to be a mechanic just for the expedition battle and they assured us its not the siege rework, recolored models, bastion battle supposed to be special but its just a regular battle with a nice backdrop that kinda destroys immersion, we are still waiting for actual gameplay and not trailers, etc.)

Also, they don't really answer any of our concern raised in these blogs. Do you think they read them and ignore it on purpose or they just dont care?

So I wonder if this has an impact on you buying this product or its allready a done deal.

Do you still trust then when they say that the AI is improved, or that diplomacy is reworked, or that the game will be released in early '22.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,416
    no impact, already pre order, won't change my mind. What I've seen so far is actually more than I expected.

I suppose I didn't read what I wished when reading CA statements. Contrary to many who are quick to imagine much more than there is and are disapointed.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,123
    Quite the hyperbole.

Sieges have been reworked, visuals and new models look awesome. Faction-mechanics are looking great thus far, as well.

The rest? We still have to see, but I have no doubts it will be solid, as well.

Do I have my gripes? Of course. I am worried about the pre-order not being big enough if it's indeed Ogre Kingdoms. It has also taken long enough for CA to reveal them. The marketing cycle is still meh. And Chaos Warriors should be unique.

The rest? Quite happy.
  • MonerisMoneris Registered Users Posts: 323
    I require very little to be happy.

So far

Mechanics good
    Cathay and Kislev good
    Sieges Average (wish we had wall artillery and more layers on the Great Bastion)
    Khorne and Tzeentch Average (wish we had some more unique models)

Most of these things are easy to fix and would take little effort.

Bust so far I am satisfied with what I have seen.
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,444
    Even with 0 improvements from game 2, bar the new races/map, i would still buy game 3 on day 1 without flinching.

I have 0 doubt this game will be awesome and I don't give a rats behind how good/bad their marketing is.

My only very minor complaints with game 3 is chaos warrior reskin, and even if they don't fix this, i will still have a blast!
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,298
    Not sure "lying" is really something you can accuse them of, there's a reason they never use concrete dates because it means they can tell us stuff whenever they want. Siege rework looks good to me and was never expecting the Bastion to be fought on the mile high walls because that would be stupid.
  • T_MACCABBEET_MACCABBEE Registered Users Posts: 498
    This is why I learned modding and why you should too.
    Can't expect CA to do all the work in this era of "we'll fix it years later" mentality when it comes to game development.
    I don't think they lied anyway. It may have been vague, and some read what they wanted and not what CA meant. But no plain lying.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 462
    Total War Warhammer has the biggest amount of people excited over nothing I have ever seen in a videogame, which makes any credibility question about CA irrelevant.

There will be still people who says they will buy and preorder even if the game trailer shows ASCI graphics and the game itself costs 500€.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,387
    edited October 2021
    I don't think CA is losing overall credibility nor have I found their behavior to be as sinister or deceptive as you're painting it.

CA was engaged in much more questionable and misleading marketing practices in Rome 2 for example...and that game still broke sales records and has gradually morphed into one of CA's most supported titles over time.

Clearly, Rome 2's many legitimate problems were not enough to erode the trust of the average consumer.

And there is NOTHING going on with Game 3 marketing that is equivalent to level of misinformation that was put out for Rome 2, or even Three Kingdoms (which is arguably CA's largest recent post-launch gaffe). So no, I don't think there will be an issue with consumers not receiving Game 3 well. In the grand scheme of things, pocket ladders and recolored models don't stack up the previous struggles with explicitly cut-content units being showcased in launch marketing, then removed, then resold as DLC; not to mention that 'Siege of Carthage' video. If we're being objective, nothing in Game 3's marketing is being handled as poorly as any of those things.

Like many, I have my nitpicks. But if you zoom out and put things into perspective overall, CA is actually giving us way more than I expected. More Races, more lords, more units, more Campaign Mechanics, more meaningful system reworks, etc. etc.

On the balance, Game 3 is giving us WAY more content over Game 2 than Game 2 gave us over Game 1.
    Mazisky said:

Total War Warhammer has the biggest amount of people excited over nothing I have ever seen in a videogame, which makes any credibility question about CA irrelevant.

There will be still people who says they will buy and preorder even if the game trailer shows ASCI graphics and the game itself costs 500€.

Well if i get excited about the continuation of the two best games i have ever played then i am entitled to do so.

That aint nothing. 7 races at start (question their quality all you want but it is still 7 rosters at start) is a huge thing for any standalone strategy game. I won't list all the further improvements we have seen so far, but that is also a big deal.

You get obscene amounts of content in a single game here.

edited October 2021
    Pede said:

Mazisky said:

Well if i get excited about the continuation of the two best games i have ever played then i am entitled to do so.

That aint nothing. 7 races at start (question their quality all you want but it is still 7 rosters at start) is a huge thing for any standalone strategy game. I won't list all the further improvements we have seen so far, but that is also a big deal.

I know and I will buy WH3 too. However, I am still able to critic CA when it makes something questionable, which isn't true for a good half of the community.
    Mazisky said:

Pede said:

Mazisky said:

I know and I will buy WH3 too. However, I am still able to critic CA when it makes something questionable, which isn't true for a good half of the community.
    Looking at the amounts of forum "debacle" threads at every announcement, i'd say people are generally quite good at the critizism part.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,387
    Mazisky said:

Pede said:

Mazisky said:

Critique away! This forum offers criticism all the time.

But the question in the OP was: Has CA crossed some sort of line, where some exceptionally egregious behaviors have uniquely alienated the fans to the point where future trust and sales are in jeopardy?

^The answer to that OP is: No, CA has not even come close to crossing such a threshold.

Again, they've made mistakes and decisions I've disagreed with. It's valid the call those things out and express ourselves.

But none of it reaches the magnitude of the tone and consequences suggested by the OP.
  • AvarageChelikAvarageChelik Registered Users Posts: 4
    they fix the **** warriors/knights/champions and iam fully satisfied
    Take the Siege. CA said they had reworked it extensively and give details after Cathay roster reveal.
    They did.

Some extrapolated than after Cathay ment end September, but I don't recall CA giving a firm date. So no lie.
    Some are disappointed by the rework, and it's not as extensive as they expected. But again, no lie from CA.

Just different perception between the emitter (CA) and the receivers (Players).

Since I don't extrapolate from what I read, but only considered true if it was actually confirmed in written or actually shown, I don't see outward lies nor am I too disappointed.

Doesn't mean I would not be happy if CA does more. But so far, they went further than what I was expected (even if not as far as I hoped).
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,874
    Not at all. I preordered as soon as it was announced and haven't regretted it yet.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 969
    I saw a period of much criticism at the release of the second game, with the elves where is love, and about useless variants created just to swell the lists.

But I believe that none of the complaints we saw at that time compares to the topics of today.
    I think CA should really care about that, now the tone of the discussion is quite different.
    The chaos situation prevents me from enjoying or having the hype for the game, and without chaos nothing else matters, CA didn't do a good job and I won't buy this game, it's not worth my money.
    edited October 2021

Take the Siege. CA said they had reworked it extensively and give details after Cathay roster reveal.
    They did.

Some extrapolated than after Cathay ment end September, but I don't recall CA giving a firm date. So no lie.
    Some are disappointed by the rework, and it's not as extensive as they expected. But again, no lie from CA.

Just different perception between the emitter (CA) and the receivers (Players).

Since I don't extrapolate from what I read, but only considered true if it was actually confirmed in written or actually shown, I don't see outward lies nor am I too disappointed.

Doesn't mean I would not be happy if CA does more. But so far, they went further than what I was expected (even if not as far as I hoped).

I'll be happy with sieges when I will see what they've done with all the old maps in the Immortal Empires.

If they really reworked\redesigned most of the old maps in Mortal Empires + adding minor settlements to all WH1\2 factions then I will be extremely satisfied even with pocket ladders and no art on walls.

But at the moment we have all smokes and promises without any concrete proof. We will see

And to be clear, Tzeench recolors are the lowest of priorities for me, but it doesn't mean I should fight those who care about them.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,995
    test
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc