Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Difference between Nurgle Chaos Warriors and Nurgle Chosen

The_RadudeThe_Radude Registered Users Posts: 390
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
This is a Nurgle Chaos Warrior from Vermintide 2.

I expect this to be what the modal looks like in Game 3 for Nurgle Chaos warriors

This is what a Nurgle Lord looks like. I expect them to come later down the line. For some reason people think this is what a normal Nurgle Chaos Warrior looks like. But it is not.

The reason for this post is to let people know of the difference so if CA does a good job on Nurgle Chaos Warriors, I still think there will be people complaining because they don't know the difference between these two units.
Post edited by The_Radude on

Comments

• MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 1,118
    Yeah I'd like chosen and warriors ti be seperste units by the end of TWW3. I doubt we'll get them at launch, maybe just warriors, but if we geg chosen of each itll be DLC so CA should really create the best models for warriors of the chaos gods we've seen.

Khorne should have ultra detailed axes, gold detailed armour with snarling helms.

Nurgle should be bloated and fused with thier armour

Tzeentch should really lean into the bad trip aspect, with distorted faces and features, extra arms, tentacles etc

Slaanesh should have beautiful baroque armour with extravagant helms and capes.

• KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 727
    but i want green base game warriors.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,301
    What the hell are you talking about?
  • The_RadudeThe_Radude Registered Users Posts: 390
    Pocman said:

The nurgle warriors in art with guts flowing out are really Nurgle chosen. The Fully armored green guys are Nurgle Chaos Warriors.

I expect CA to make each Chaos warrior look unique like they showed for the Khorne Warriors in game 3. I am jsut showing what I think the Nurgle Chaos Warriors will look like as the guts hanging out ones are really Nurgle Chosen, not Nurgle Chaos Warriors
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,661
    Question is if we will get low tier human infantry like in vermintide 2 or just nurglings

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,298
    Yeah I quite prefer the more grounded look of the Vermintide warriors, with the Blightlords being more fitting for chosen
    Bies said:

Question is if we will get low tier human infantry like in vermintide 2 or just nurglings

I don't think we will get marauders on launch or else we would have seen those for the Khorne and Tzeentch Roster.
    Remember that these monogod factions are really Daemon factions with some friends. Not truly half and half.
    The warrior alingened Chaos factions will probably be DLC and bring people like Valkia, the Glottkin, move Sigvald to a proper Slaanesh faction, etc.
    But we are getting Nurglings for the Nurgle Demon Factions on launch.
    Here:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-september-news/
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,292
    It sure is from Vermintide 2, now be sure to embrace your green recolors accordingly.
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 1,243
    The second picture is the tabletop Nurgle chaos lord model.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,546

This is what a Nurgle Chosen looks like. I expect them to come later down the line

That is literally a Nurgle Lord.

https://miniset.net/sets/gw-99070201003

And I even prefer for a Lord, more armor.

https://miniset.net/sets/gw-99800201019

------Red Dox
    Red_Dox said:

This is what a Nurgle Chosen looks like. I expect them to come later down the line

https://miniset.net/sets/gw-99070201003

------Red Dox
    Thanks for letting me know. I have edited the post
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,679
    Hoping for Nurgle plague zombie pox walker type chaff as low tier Nurgle 'humans'
    mewade44 said:

Hoping for Nurgle plague zombie pox walker type chaff as low tier Nurgle 'humans'

We are getting nurglings so those guys fulfill that role.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,214
    edited October 2021
    Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

Aight:

there you go.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,301

Pocman said:

The nurgle warriors in art with guts flowing out are really Nurgle chosen. The Fully armored green guys are Nurgle Chaos Warriors.

I expect CA to make each Chaos warrior look unique like they showed for the Khorne Warriors in game 3. I am jsut showing what I think the Nurgle Chaos Warriors will look like as the guts hanging out ones are really Nurgle Chosen, not Nurgle Chaos Warriors
    No, they are not.

The official models from 8th edition didn't made that distinction. The artwork show swollen and andswollen variants of both of types both for chosen and normal chaos warriors. Chaos mutations came in all kind of ways. Not every chosen needs to be blotted, nor is the vermintide look the official one.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,514
    Pocman said:

Pocman said:

No, they are not.

The official models from 8th edition didn't made that distinction. The artwork show swollen and andswollen variants of both of types both for chosen and normal chaos warriors. Chaos mutations came in all kind of ways. Not every chosen needs to be blotted, nor is the vermintide look the official one.
    The 8th edition models are just Undivided. They aren't any Warriors of nurgle.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,921
    Let's wait for roster reveal to see the concept art.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,292

Pocman said:

Pocman said:

No, they are not.

The 8th edition models are just Undivided. They aren't any Warriors of nurgle.
    They are if the unit takes the mark of Nurgle.
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,340
    edited November 2021
    Generally, Warriors of Nurgle still wear armour, but the armour is beginning to corrode with rusting due to the pus and bile leaking from the Warrior. Stats wise this could be translated to the unit having reduced armour rating (compared to other WoC) but still good armour rating and better than average health bar.

Nurgle Chosen/Champs don't wear or wear very little armour because they don't need it. Their stats should be low armour, but they should have a massive health bar and good resists vs physical, missile, magic etc. and regen

At least that's how I would expect them.
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 1,399
    mewade44 said:

I want non-Hero cultists for that.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,456
    All mono factions will likely get a unique Chaos warrior model through an aligned mortal DLC or like Khorne will start with one.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,328

All mono factions will likely get a unique Chaos warrior model through an aligned mortal DLC or like Khorne will start with one.

Probably yes. It makes sense for Khorne to start with Warriors since they still miss Wrathmongers and Skullreapers as infantry units.