Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What would make you buy the game?

PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,652
I've seen a lot of people say in recent weeks that they've lost all interest in the third game, myself among them. So I'm curious, what would CA have to pull out of their hat before release day to make you buy it?

Comments

• ravezaarravezaar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 272
    I already bought it, have no clue why ppl would loose intrest in it. Worried about 1 reskin model / Chaos Faction so 4 Units among 100s new one nah. I dont get the whine, the delay was sad news but Iam over that too.

All my frineds have pre-ordered or are planning on it, Idk 1 person saying they lost intrest other then Forum ppl making these threads daily.

ps: sry u lost intrest but there is plenty of other games ou there then
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,599
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    If I can convince someone else to buy it for me. Sure I can pull some heartstrings. If not that, than I guess if I know it's actually well optimised this time, so a few days after release at best if it is. Optimisation is my #1 concern at this point.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,224
    I don't really see this "a lot" you are talking about to be honest.

Raising concerns ≠ hating the game or not planing on buying it.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,051
    Already pre order, and so already bought. Nothing since so far make me regretting it.
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,987
    I'm definitely getting it at some point. Real question is, will I preorder or wait until their is a sale???

All the cores look great but feel incomplete without thier lord packs. I'm not in a rush to play them. Alsooooo all my most wanted races aren't in the game yet, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarves, Hobgoblins. I think the preorder race is the biggest deciding factor for me. If it's a half baked race that needs dlc later?? Big nope for me. If it's a minor race being expanded as a full race??? Yes please!!
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,984
    Nothing at all. Buying the 3rd game when they announced the first was as certain as death and taxes.
  • t1taant1taan Registered Users Posts: 54
    I'm going to buy the game on release day. All the uproar on this forum is overblown imo
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,259
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,222
    90% of the people saying they won't buy it are liars throwing a tantrum. Simple as that.

No one gets this committed to a title if they have no interest in purchasing it.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 817
    what would make me buy the game? its existence.
  • avvveavvve Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 456
    That is correct..

One should not simply forget that CA have had a lot and i mean A LOT of time on their hands on this game. And delaying it twice (?) this year also delaying it during Covid last year, so delays after delays and nothing to show for what actually is taking time. This has atleast for me made me lose somewhat interest in the game aswell lost trust in CA as a development company.

CA have been talking about how they try to be more transparant and work closely with their fans. Same time they havent really explained why there has been delays. Which should be an action point for them to clearify and be transparant.

What we've been shown so far is not super revolutionary, and now im talking about the actual gameplay not the blogs about 'promises'.

ideally for me it comes down to how they present the Mortal empires v2. And how they can transition the WH1 and WH2 races to be in a accepted position for WH3 races.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,315
    - Slaanesh and Nurgle absolutely stunning me.
    - A proper roadmap for futre DLC and FLC. Not all smoke and question marks.
    - Thanquol. Immediately. Like, now.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • ExtraneusExtraneus Registered Users Posts: 80
    - Global circumnavigable map.
    - Plan for Ind, Nippon, Kuresh and Araby.

I am not buying the game until I know it is going to be the ultimate experience. Right now it doesn't look like it, I will wait for flop sale.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,315
    Jote191 said:

I'm definitely getting it at some point. Real question is, will I preorder or wait until their is a sale???

All the cores look great but feel incomplete without thier lord packs. I'm not in a rush to play them. Alsooooo all my most wanted races aren't in the game yet, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarves, Hobgoblins. I think the preorder race is the biggest deciding factor for me. If it's a half baked race that needs dlc later?? Big nope for me. If it's a minor race being expanded as a full race??? Yes please!!

Likewise, I'll buy it, but I doubt I'll buy it until a good few months after release.

If the game gets regular new content and updates, I'll reconsider after maybe four months. If it's six month content droughts again, then no, I'll wait quite some time.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 251
    A release asap, development time has been too long for this game honestly... You are making a videogame not building a hadron collider or something.. But hey hope we get a bugfree polished game in may 2022...

"Be at peace, for that is all I ever want." - Karl Franz.
  • bobthe4thbobthe4th Registered Users Posts: 61

90% of the people saying they won't buy it are liars throwing a tantrum. Simple as that.

No one gets this committed to a title if they have no interest in purchasing it.

Yeah every single person who cares enough to post on this forum will (eventually) get it. Even if some people have no interest in the new races, they will want it for the reworks and lord packs for their favourite old and new world factions.

OP's question is much more interesting / relevant if it's taken to read "what will make you preorder."
  • SerkeletSerkelet Member Registered Users Posts: 911
    I've already bought it.
  • PissedOffOneEyedGuyPissedOffOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 2,464
    im buying it regardless, but im just waiting to see the theme of the collectors editions. but the people that claim they lost interest are just lying to be "cool"
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487

but the people that claim they lost interest are just lying to be "cool"

How exactly?
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,126
    I already bought it once and then refunded. Now I need more information on Nurgle, Slaanesh and Kostaltyn to buy it again.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    No PreOrder Info = No PreOrder.
    And the more concerned I get with upcoming news, the further away the actual purchase of the game could go. There might be no doubt I will own it sooner or later, but I can live with later currently pretty good.

Reminder: Game#2 was rushed and not in a good state at release. It took 1 month for the first update that made the game even playable for me, it took one month for the Blood DLC, it took one month for Mortal Empires. It took another 8 months afterwards to fix Norsca for ME...
    That is already one month I could sit out without missing anything. Next consideration would be the release time, compared to how soon the next "big sale" might come. Lets assume release in March which counts as Early 2022. One month waiting, April. Now end of May would be Skullthrone 2022 and like 1-2 months later Steam Summersale. Would game#3 get lot of savings then? Who knows. Currently the game is 38€ on the grey market. Not a bad price but, no PreOrder Info no buy.

------Red Dox
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 571
    Since I buy WH3 not only for what is already there at the beginning, but also for the possibilities in the future, I'm waiting to see what the campaign map looks like and whether there is room for more races like Ind, Nippon, Khuresh, etc.. Further, a globally circumnavigable Immortal Empire map is also important to me, otherwise I wouldn't really see the point of such a large connected map if I had to play Cathay in a cropped corner.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,080
    Large quantity of quality.
  • Stacks_LeeStacks_Lee Registered Users Posts: 362
    "People are saying"
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    Nice agree/disagree btw. No, actually it disgust me, but that's another topic.

Answering to the question, probably a rebalance for Campaign. Either that or siege rework be upgraded until it becomes a true step above compared to TWW2 sieges.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 31,542
    Cathay, Kislev and Monogods as core races.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 1,021
    edited October 2021
    A good campaign map with plenty of room for additional factions

/some confirmation that we will see the combined maps sometime before 2023 and no long delays on that
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 942
    Haven't preordered and am not considering preordering until the preorder bonus is FULLY known. Not just hints and teases.

Even then, I will most likely not preorder. Between work, teaching and DnD prep, I have no time to play games. So I am unlikely to play the game when it releases... might as well wait for a sale.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,819
    When they tell me what the preorder is, I'll probably get around to preordering it.

Seems a bit premature to buy the preorder bonus before they tell us what it is, though.