Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sotek video on how These are Daemon factions (Not Mortals) for TWW3

Comments

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,881
    So by his logic, Valkia, Glottkin and Egrimm should be WoC LLs? What kind of nonsense is that?!
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,570

So by his logic, Valkia, Glottkin and Egrimm should be WoC LLs? What kind of nonsense is that?!

I mean, CA may very well add marked LLs to WoC through FLC (I would speculate: Horstmann/Helbrass, Festus/Spume and Arbaal) in order to balance out their LL roster. But yeah, the focus will be Monos for mortal additions.
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 660
    I like Sotek, but this take is so stupid, it contradicts reality
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,456
    This reminds me of the time I tried to argue with a lore youtuber that there was no 8th Ed Skaven book with Stormfiends.

If there’s already mortal warriors in the monos how can they be daemon only? And what’s the point of putting those very units in a 5 year old DLC.

His fellow Youtubers need to have a sit down conversation with the poor lad.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,881
    Goatforce said:

I mean, CA may very well add marked LLs to WoC through FLC (I would speculate: Horstmann/Helbrass, Festus/Spume and Arbaal) in order to balance out their LL roster. But yeah, the focus will be Monos for mortal additions.
    There is a difference between simply marked and the literal champion of a chaos god. Valkia and Sigvald are unmatched in their devotion to their gods, so why would they not serve their god and only their god.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    edited October 2021

There was a topic just about that here :https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/300309/reasonable-expectations-for-the-final-chaos-ll-roster/p1

Warriors of Chaos:
    - Archaon the Everchosen
    - Kholek Suneater
    - Sigvald the Magnificent
    - Valkia the Bloody
    - Vilitch the Curseling
    - Festus the Leechlord

Reasoning: I can already hear some of you screeching while seeing Valkia with WoC and not Khorne, but this is the only way I can see WoC done justice without ruining them. Valkia, Vilitch and Festus are the last remaining named characters for WoC. Together with Sigvald, all 4 Chaos Gods would be represented, with bonuses to mortals of their respective gods.

I disagree with this option but apparently some people think it's possible WoC are getting 3 LLs (or even more) during game 3.

I think 1 more WoC is plausible, 2 if Sigvaald is somehow moved to Slaanesh (unlikely in my opinion).
    If marked champions make it into the game for WoC, I would very much prefer the 4 Archaon lieutenants to come as dynasty/workshop lords like for the TK/Greenskins
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,175
    Well, besides mortal units and possible mortal Legendary Lords coming up, bigtime...
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,564
    Tldr version?

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • Eye_of_SauronEye_of_Sauron Registered Users Posts: 330
    I mean...Sotek believes Monogods won't even get a single Lord Pack because all the 8th Edition Daemons are already present...
    And also that we'll never see Valkia, Vilitch, Glottkins etc. because they are mortals and the game will just focus on Daemons.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #TzeentchLivesMatter #JusticeForMonogods

Remember when he said:

I'm expecting these DLC down the line:

- Cathay vs Kislev
    - Kislev vs Cathay
    - Cathay vs Kislev
    - Kislev vs Cathay
    - a couple of race packs
    - maybe a couple of crossgames with Kislev and Cathay

and then he said finding out 1 FLC for the Monogods was hard as ****

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,214
    We mark another grudge.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• DarkKnight88DarkKnight88 Registered Users Posts: 27
    He's right although it will take a while for some to realize it.
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,876
    edited October 2021
    Reeks said:

Tldr version?

Half the units in the demon rosters are unimportant and can be simple recoloring because the focus should be on demons. Regardless if the demon rosters are dependent on mortals for their respective rosters to have more than 5 units at launch.

Tdlr: garbage

No. In one of his old videos with Nathan he said we will NEVER see Valkia, Vilitch or any other mortal Lord because WH3 is only focused on Daemons.
    And that making up 1 Lord Pack for each Monogods is impossible cuz we already got all the DoC units.

The best part is when he said one LP for each Monogod is possible only if CA will try to re-sell WoC units to add on the 4 Monogods.

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,916

ArneSo said:

He has no idea what he’s talking about. We know that they are Monogods since February.

What do you think monogods means?

Because the term doesn’t mean anything to the quantity of daemons or mortals in a race, only that they are aligned to a single god. A focused daemon roster and a focused mortal roster could both still be referred to as monogod.
    That'd be Monodaemon and Monomortals.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,564
    hendo1592 said:

Reeks said:

Tldr version?

Half the units in the demon rosters are unimportant and can be simple recoloring because the focus should be on demons. Regardless if the demon rosters are dependent on mortals for their respective rosters to have more than 5 units at launch.

Oh so Sotek shilling hard for Ca yet again
    What a surprise...

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,916
    Reeks said:

hendo1592 said:

Reeks said:

Tldr version?

What a surprise...
    Yeah.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,876
    edited October 2021
    Reeks said:

hendo1592 said:

Reeks said:

Tldr version?

What a surprise...
    Not sure what they are doing, but I find it odd to justify lowering the bar for races’ rosters. I think people have difficulty discerning between a “race” and a “faction” and conflate the two terms.

Their take imo is similar to someone saying it's ok for a campaign pack to have half the content at the same price. The demons’ are four separate races in TWW3- not factions. That's a huge difference. I like to think of it and compare it to campaign packs vs. lord packs. Campaign packs are more expensive because they bring a new race, more assets, and unique models. Whereas a lord pack brings different factions, fewer new assets than the campaign packs, less expensive, and reskins or recoloring are expected for some of the new units.
  • Spellbound55Spellbound55 Registered Users Posts: 1,030
    So I disagree with Sotek's take, but I see a lot of people misinterpreting his position. Sotek is arguing that monogods are going to have mechanics specifically for daemon led factions that will differ from the mortal led factions, both under the monogod umbrella. So when Valkia is added if she is in monoKhorne (which I think she will be) she won't have access to some of the base Khorne mechanics and will have elements based around being a "mortal" champion. This has nothing to do with the presence of mortals, but with their mechanical implementation.

I think this isn't a well supported position and is drawn largely from the fact that CA prioritized adding units from the armor books over drawing on obscure sources or creating new units for the monogod rosters. This isn't a reasonable position to take and is motivated partially by his dislike for lord packs as a DLC format, which is a fine position to hold, but isn't one I'd say is on the same page as CA. There is no reason a mortal can't lead a mixed force of daemons and mortals, in fact there are lots of in lore examples of mortals leading mixed hosts, as such there isn't a reason that they'd need to have different core mechanics than the daemon led factions.

For the record I think Sigvald has a high chance of being shifted to Slaanesh for owners of WoC (since content implementation changes substantially when updated in later games without impacting the initial purchase) and that god specific mortal units, as well as WoC units that are particularly fitting for a monogod faction, will be added with DLC after the core army books have been implemented.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,214
    edited October 2021

So I disagree with Sotek's take, but I see a lot of people misinterpreting his position. Sotek is arguing that monogods are going to have mechanics specifically for daemon led factions that will differ from the mortal led factions, both under the monogod umbrella. So when Valkia is added if she is in monoKhorne (which I think she will be) she won't have access to some of the base Khorne mechanics and will have elements based around being a "mortal" champion. This has nothing to do with the presence of mortals, but with their mechanical implementation.

No, we already know full well what his position is. He says that there will be no mortals in the God aligned races, whereas there is only some mechanics that will be shared with Khornate factions, aka the Khornate factions of WoC sharing a mechanic with Khorne Daemons race, that is factions of the Khorne race. He's adamantly claiming that the Daemon mechanics are what proves there won't be mortals in the Monogod races.

You should listen carefully to how he's presenting it. It might not be entirely obvious in this video, but he has made his position obvious before. And it's pretty clear here if you pay attention to how he's presenting it.

He's entirely wrong, of course.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,152
    ArneSo said:

He has no idea what he’s talking about. We know that they are Monogods since February.

Lol ArneSo, I think you have some "fans". You literally said the same thing as everyone else in the thread and got disagrees for it.
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,268
    Djau said:

ArneSo said:

What do you think monogods means?

Because the term doesn’t mean anything to the quantity of daemons or mortals in a race, only that they are aligned to a single god. A focused daemon roster and a focused mortal roster could both still be referred to as monogod.
    That'd be Monodaemon and Monomortals.
    I've literally never seen anyone use those terms before.

Goatforce said:

There is a difference between simply marked and the literal champion of a chaos god. Valkia and Sigvald are unmatched in their devotion to their gods, so why would they not serve their god and only their god.
    I think you are missing what I am driving at. What I am saying is that these characters are part of the WoC armybook, so yes I think that there is a chance that WoC will get access to an aligned LL for each god to rep that. Also Warriors of Chaos follow strength, it is not uncommon for powerful characters to unite warriors of other gods under their banner. Powerful characters like Sigvald or Horstman are absolutely capable of it.

Now, CA may not do this (though I hope they add a way for WoC to force mortal aligned LLs under their banner if they don't). I am just saying this will be a good way to make WoC, a race that people paid for and had to suffer through its mediocrity, gets some love and reps all the gods as they should.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,301
    edited October 2021
    Crossil said:

No, we already know full well what his position is. He says that there will be no mortals in the God aligned races, whereas there is only some mechanics that will be shared with Khornate factions, aka the Khornate factions of WoC sharing a mechanic with Khorne Daemons race, that is factions of the Khorne race. He's adamantly claiming that the Daemon mechanics are what proves there won't be mortals in the Monogod races.

You should listen carefully to how he's presenting it. It might not be entirely obvious in this video, but he has made his position obvious before. And it's pretty clear here if you pay attention to how he's presenting it.

Agree. He is trying to use the fact that some mechanics are "demonic" while other are "khornate" as an argument. I don't think it is the argument he thinks it is.

No. In one of his old videos with Nathan he said we will NEVER see Valkia, Vilitch or any other mortal Lord because WH3 is only focused on Daemons.
    And that making up 1 Lord Pack for each Monogods is impossible cuz we already got all the DoC units.

The best part is when he said one LP for each Monogod is possible only if CA will try to re-sell WoC units to add on the 4 Monogods.
    That's not quite true though. His position is that we won't see those characters in the monogod races, he firmly believes they will be in WoC instead..

That is one of the really strange things about his position, he thinks we will see Valkia and Arbaal, and a lot of other characters, but they will all be in WoC. So Monos get 2-3 LLs, and WoC come out with probably more than 10 if you follow his logic through.
    Pocman said:

Crossil said:

Agree. He is trying to use the fact that some mechanics are "demonic" while other are "khornate" as an argument. I don't think it is the argument he thinks it is.
    It's funny, because we're told those shown mechanics are actually 'race'-wide (to some fashion), completely deflecting his point if Mortal Legendary Lords (likely) will be a thing.
    JungleElf said:

Pocman said:

Crossil said:

It's funny, because we're told those shown mechanics are actually 'race'-wide (to some fashion), completely deflecting his point if Mortal Legendary Lords (likely) will be a thing.
    Yeah I remember on a stream of his saying that, to counter his argument of essentially "what about WoC" I said: "well perhaps WoC will be able to confed mortal mono LLs" and he thought that would be strange and unworkable.

Now he seems to think that aligned WoC LLs will get the general race mechanics of their patron god! As if that is more workable than being able to take control of a few LLs in WoC!
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,352
    man these bad takes from him keep coming. Why is he so determined to defend CA on this?

"Stop complaining CA should give us less and we should want less for our money!"

like in what world does someone think this is a reasonable position.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • TheMadTypistTheMadTypist Registered Users Posts: 423
    If these mechanics were tied to the Im/mortality of the LL instead of being in the Khorne blog or the Tzeentch blog they’d be in the individual LL’s blogs that are yet to come, instead of in the generic ones that cover the overall mechanics.
    edited October 2021
    Goatforce said:

JungleElf said:

Pocman said:

Crossil said:

Yeah I remember on a stream of his saying that, to counter his argument of essentially "what about WoC" I said: "well perhaps WoC will be able to confed mortal mono LLs" and he thought that would be strange and unworkable.

Now he seems to think that aligned WoC LLs will get the general race mechanics of their patron god! As if that is more workable than being able to take control of a few LLs in WoC!
    To be fair, I don't think Monogod races could or should confederate with each other, or with Undivided. Undivided couldn't confederate with Beastmen or Norsca, either.

It's still loreful for mortal champions to lead Monogod armies as they're usually lieutenants for such marked units.

So, my take:
    - Mortal champions (Vilitch, Tamurkhan, Valkia, etc.) will be part of Monogod armies.
    - They'll generally use those 'racial' mechanics.
    - They'll also have some kind of LL-specific mechanic.
    - They can confederate with other Lords from the same race, where reasonable (Khorne <-> Khorne).
    - They can't confederate with other Monogod armies, nor with Chaos Undivided and their derivatives.

This has generally been the case for each race thus far, and I doubt the Monogods will be the exception.

As for more loreful Chaos Invasions? Those should feature a combination of Undivided, Monogod, Beastmen and Norscan and , keeping those armies separate, but still loreful. Remember; the Chaos Gods sent multiple servants with armies to 'serve' Archaeon, but also themselves, during the End Times.

People wanting all of chaos on one big heap, are basically the people wanting the cake, but eating it too.