Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WD article: The Gnoblar Horde

Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 6,474
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
Before we start with the actual article, some discussions of the last days made it imo necessary to put a lecture out first.

As we just read, Gnoblars are a certain Goblin breed. While we can't say if they always were weaker then regular Goblins or just degenerated after forming their relation ship with the Ogres, they certainly are weaker then other Goblin breeds.

Strength 2 is plain bad in melee. Zombies havea also 2, while Skeletons are using 3. So keep that in mind.

Also noteworthy that Goblins and Gnoblars are still around the same size. Which means for TT, they are Infantry (not swarm bases), they are on 20mm bases (not 25mm which is reserved for "bigger infantry"). I searched for a Goblin/Gnoblar comparison but found nothing directly useful, so maybe this still helps.
Goblins (20mm) + Orc (25mm)

Gnoblar with humans (20mm)

2 Gnoblars with a converted oldskool 4th Goblin

And now, the actual article:

Source: White Dwarf 310

Please keep in mind that this armylist is to be considered a "fun list". Nobody in his right mind would expect them to actually win a lot of games. So if parts of them pop up in the Ogre Kingdom roster, fine. If not, not missing out much.

Similar topics
Chaos

Dark Elves

Dwarfs

Lizardmen

Orcs & Goblins

The Empire

Undead

The Ivory Road
Olde Weirde's Incunabulum 3of5
25 most influential Warhammer characters

-----Red Dox
Post edited by Red_Dox#2328 on

Comments

• JToegiTheSnotling#6624JToegiTheSnotling#6624 Registered Users Posts: 2,391
    Gnoblars are so great. I hope we get more of them in the Ogre roster.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,145
    I'd still play this list. Reminds me of the Halfling list; both felt like real Warhammer.

• Grba#3181Grba#3181 Registered Users Posts: 563
    Nice that you gave us info about Gnoblars,given that they part of the OK roster!

• Killertut#9655Killertut#9655 Registered Users Posts: 1,110
    ovn should make a faction out of it with the rhinox and gnoblar models we will get in game!
  • sykall#1105sykall#1105 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    I wonder how ogre society would look like of the Old Ones finished them and halfings properly.
    IIRC Halflings were originally intented to do the menial work Gnoblars are doing now, akin to Skinks to Saurus/Kroxigors. And the Gnoblars are mostly a substitute for the Halflings (who left because Halfling is an ogre delicasse).
    IIRC there are still situations were both get along mostly fine, e.g. when the Moot hires some ogre mecenaries.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,332
    edited November 2021
    "Groinbiter"? Now that's really terrifying...
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,221
    edited November 2021
    Gnoblars are one of very few Greenskins I like.
    Post edited by Maedrethnir#1968 on
  • MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    Gnoblars are one of my favourite things in Warhammer and I would be ecstatic if we get a lord pack for a Gnoblar horde mini-faction.

I doubt it will happen but a person can dream.
  • PoorManatee6197#6481PoorManatee6197#6481 Registered Users Posts: 2,552
    I wonder who has it worst, gnoblars or skavens.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan
  • Pr4vda#6038Pr4vda#6038 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,326
    Tbh, and just my opinion, but Halflings and Gnoblars will never be their own races. Nor should they be.

A few units here and there, ok, especially inside the OK and Empire rosters. But not as a full race. There are far better choices, like Araby, Khuresh, DoW, etc.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !