Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Any hope for: Ind, Khuresh or Nippon?

Fireman_slimeFireman_slime Registered Users Posts: 55
Or is all hope lost with the recent map reveal?

Comments

• UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,488
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,732
    No. Tbh if you were paying attention you could have also read between the lines in that recent Roxburgh interview.

However many chose to ignore that....
  • Fireman_slimeFireman_slime Registered Users Posts: 55

Lol no.

No as in no hope they come or no they might still have a shot?

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,137
    None.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,300
    Hope? Sure but thats about it.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,488

Lol no.

Deader than Araby friend.
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,818
    I'm sure that they'll expand the map East with dlc. We don't even have all of Cathay!!!

However keep your expectations very low. Eastern Steppes looks nothing like it does in the maps and lore. It ain't looking good for the rest of the Far East.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,411
    I remember people asking if there were any hope for Cathay and the answers were similar to this thread.

"noooo way, it's definite Cathay won't appear because Araby"

No one is an expert on what's coming and we have all been proven wrong at some point, never mix up confidence with knowledge.

There's no reason to think the ME2 map cannot be extended anyone who think they know the answer is wrong.
  • Fireman_slimeFireman_slime Registered Users Posts: 55

Lol no.

Deader than Araby friend.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,049

I remember people asking if there were any hope for Cathay and the answers were similar to this thread.

No one is an expert on what's coming and we have all been proven wrong at some point, never mix up confidence with knowledge.

There's no reason to think the ME2 map cannot be extended anyone who think they know the answer is wrong.

We didn't have a map nor the faintest clue about game 3 back then.

We have a map now, and multiple statements made by CA. The Khuresh/Ind/Nippon crowd is continually moving goal posts, it's pathetic. Sorry my dude, but the comparison doesn't hold.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,813
    The only one who might come I think is Khuresh, potentially anyway, because it was the only one not mentioned by name to be not coming.

Depends really what they do with the map.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 7,439
    Jote191 said:

We don't even have all of Cathay!!!

We have all the Cathay that matters.
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 327
    edited November 2021
    If the game sells well, then maybe they could tackle one of these three races in the mid/end-life cycle of the game by expanding the map a little bit more as well.

I'm more interested by Ind, but I reckon that Nippon could sell like hotcakes. They might think about it in three or four years.
    edited November 2021
    JungleElf said:

We have a map now, and multiple statements made by CA. The Khuresh/Ind/Nippon crowd is continually moving goal posts, it's pathetic. Sorry my dude, but the comparison doesn't hold.
    And yet people 'knew' that Cathay was impossible.. weird right?

No, I said a few months ago the Eastern factions are possible eventually; I'm still saying the Eastern factions are still possible. The comparison holds fine, people talking about stuff they don't understand as if it's evidence.

Now, explain to me how that's moving the goal posts?
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    There is no hope for Ind, Khuresh and Nippon for Warhammer 3. For now, there races are dead like Araby.

If we will be really lucky, maybe CA and GW will make Warhammer 4 in far future with main focus to rest of Far East, Lumbria and Southern Wastes of Chaos.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    SerPus said:

Jote191 said:

We don't even have all of Cathay!!!

We have all the Cathay that matters.
    It's a core race whether you like it or not and the rest of Cathay was mentioned in the Andy interview. Saying that this is all we're getting total BS....

I'm not even that hyped for Cathay I just wanted to conquer their whole Empire. Not fight their gate and stop there.
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 327
    Labria said:

There is no hope for Ind, Khuresh and Nippon for Warhammer 3. For now, there races are dead like Araby.

If we will be really lucky, maybe CA and GW will make Warhammer 4 in far future with main focus to rest of Far East, Lumbria and Southern Wastes of Chaos.

Ind, Khuresh and Nippon altogether are actually more likely than the release of a Warhammer IV game.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 715
    there is only two ways they would come and both have a likelyhood of round about 0%:

1) the map has huge fog areas at the sides and ca is able to just add these areas later on if they feel like it.

2) the combined mortal empires 2.0 has areas like ind, nippon and co. in it and ca felt like adding additional race and/or campaign packs to the "small/main" map would be of no benefit. so they came up with this wacky idea of wh3 owners getting access to ind on mortal empires 2.0 as soon as they buy the ind pack without the need to buy wh1 and wh2.

as i said, chances are 0.
    edited November 2021

JungleElf said:

No, I said a few months ago the Eastern factions are possible eventually; I'm still saying the Eastern factions are still possible. The comparison holds fine, people talking about stuff they don't understand as if it's evidence.

How could they be a possibility if CA hasn't incorporated even a bit of them in the standalone campaign map? Even game 2 had all of the Southlands and the whole of western Nehekhara and Araby on the map at launch.

How could they be a possibility if CA has outright claimed they're not in the plans? How could they be a possibility if GW doesn't even know whether the Old World will be a succes, and its release probably still years off? Miniatures don't make themselves, the Old World will presumably also focus on the conflict within the Empire and its surroundings, first.

If they wanted to do these regions, they would've designed the map differently.

Regarding map-expansions: All Total War maps that got expanded, expanded into Terra Incognita. Even the 3K and Mortal Empires ones. If we finally have the map in February, and the amount of Terra Incognita is minimal, this would mean another nail in the coffin for the Ind/Nippon/Khuresh crowd.
    I was around when people were sure we would hardly get the entire Darklands because the fog said so, making Cathay impossible. It really is best to keep an open mind as CA have often shocked the forum experts.
  • YellowTreeYellowTree Registered Users Posts: 347
    Still think apart from monkey king, khuresh will be seen at some point due to interviews by ca people. Would rather dlc go to others, but I think we will see khuresh.

I was around when people were sure we would hardly get the entire Darklands because the fog said so, making Cathay impossible. It really is best to keep an open mind as CA have often shocked the forum experts.

We didn't get the full Darklands in the Mortal Empires map. Anyway, we know much more than back then. The comparison doesn't hold.

Mock me all you want, but your hope is naive and doesn't rest on anything solid.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,937
    Not on the WH3 map. However, we do not known what ME 2.0 will look like. So, maybe Ind and Khuresh ? Nippon feels too far away however.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
    JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

How could they be a possibility if CA hasn't incorporated even a bit of them in the standalone campaign map? Even game 2 had all of the Southlands and the whole of western Nehekhara and Araby on the map at launch. How could they be a possibility if CA has outright claimed they're not in the plans? How could they be a possibility if GW doesn't even know whether the Old World will be a succes, and is probably still years off? Miniatures don't make themselves, the Old World will presumably also focus on the conflict within the Empire, first.

Regarding map-expansions: All Total War that got expanded, expanded into Terra Incognita. Even the 3K and Mortal Empires ones. If we finally have the map in february, and the amount of Terra Incognita is minimal, this would mean another nail in the coffin for the Ind/Nippon/Khuresh crowd.
    Simple, by incorporating them in the initial campaign map everyone would believe they are definitely coming in, however, that could be a decision based on sales and scope of the game. As we have seen before, Cathay was not planned for game 3 yet due to high sales and interest that changed. How could Ikit possibly appear in game 2 if Skavenblight wasn't incorporated? How could that possibly happen? It's easy, CA decided so. How could Nippon possibly appear on the main map? CA decides they can - it's easier than you think it is.

Do you remember when CA said crossover DLC and DLC for DLC weren't in their current plans? Did you see the article from GW saying they would be happy to extend that side of the world when asked directly? Again, you are guessing.. if this; then that. I was looking back at a thread were the forum experts were claiming the ME map had no chance of being extended past the Darklands because of the mighty all knowing fog.

Your idea of evidence is different to mine.
    Jote191 said:

It's a core race whether you like it or not

I'm okay with it. In fact, I wanted Cathay to be in the game so I could siege the Great Bastion as Dawi Zharr, burn Wei-jin as Chaos and raze Shang-Yang aa Ogres. We are getting all of these locations and more.
    JungleElf said:

We didn't get the full Darklands in the Mortal Empires map. Anyway, we know much more than back then. The comparison doesn't hold.

Mock me all you want, but your hope is naive and doesn't rest on anything solid.
    Mocking? I'm just saying a number of people have made claims based on things they don't understand and allowed themselves to believe it as solid evidence. Are you and others 100% sure that's not the case again?

The comparison holds fine.
    SerPus said:

Jote191 said:

It's a core race whether you like it or not

I'm okay with it. In fact, I wanted Cathay to be in the game so I could siege the Great Bastion as Dawi Zharr, burn Wei-jin as Chaos and raze Shang-Yang aa Ogres. We are getting all of these locations and more.
    I need more meat on the bone then that.

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

How could they be a possibility if CA hasn't incorporated even a bit of them in the standalone campaign map? Even game 2 had all of the Southlands and the whole of western Nehekhara and Araby on the map at launch. How could they be a possibility if CA has outright claimed they're not in the plans? How could they be a possibility if GW doesn't even know whether the Old World will be a succes, and is probably still years off? Miniatures don't make themselves, the Old World will presumably also focus on the conflict within the Empire, first.

Regarding map-expansions: All Total War that got expanded, expanded into Terra Incognita. Even the 3K and Mortal Empires ones. If we finally have the map in february, and the amount of Terra Incognita is minimal, this would mean another nail in the coffin for the Ind/Nippon/Khuresh crowd.
    Simple, by incorporating them in the initial campaign map everyone would believe they are definitely coming in, however, that could be a decision based on sales and scope of the game. As we have seen before, Cathay was not planned for game 3 yet due to high sales and interest that changed. How could Ikit possibly appear in game 2 if Skavenblight wasn't incorporated? How could that possibly happen? It's easy, CA decided so. How could Nippon possibly appear on the main map? CA decides they can - it's easier than you think it is.

Do you remember when CA said crossover DLC and DLC for DLC weren't in their current plans? Did you see the article from GW saying they would be happy to extend that side of the world when asked directly? Again, you are guessing.. if this; then that. I was looking back at a thread were the forum experts were claiming the ME map had no chance of being extended past the Darklands because of the mighty all knowing fog.

Your idea of evidence is different to mine.
    Skaven are incomparable to Nippon.

It would indeed be odd to see Nipponese invasions on the other side of the world, without their homeland. With Skaven we already knew they could launch expeditions into Lustria and the Southlands and would setup lairs in a lot of places.
    Pr4vda said:

Not on the WH3 map. However, we do not known what ME 2.0 will look like. So, maybe Ind and Khuresh ? Nippon feels too far away however.

That's what the most of us are pretty much saying, that's why it's slightly baffling when people keep mentioning the current map.
    Jote191 said:

I need more meat on the bone then that.

Too bad for you