Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Khorne units have Undivided voicelines?

TheWattmanTheWattman Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,235
Im not sure if anyone has raised this before, but just now as I watched Great Book of Grudges video of Khorne vs. Tzeentch, I noticed something about the Khorne units's voicelines. Please listen in on this video and jump to 5:15, 5:35 and 5:45.

If you'll notice, as the player here clicks on the portraits, in order, of Khorne Chosen, a Gorebeast Chariot of Khorne, Khorne Chosen Greatweapons and finally a unit of Skullcrushers, you can hear them speak the following:

"Army of the Dark Gods!"
"For Chaos!"
"Followers of Chaos!"
"Army of the Dark Gods!"

Now this may just be me, but this doesn't sound very tailored to sound like an army dedicated to Khorne. Like wouldn't such an army shout things like "Skulls for the Skull Throne", "Blood for the Blood God" and "Followers of Khorne"? Specifically we have Chosen of the Blood God shouting loyalty to all of the Chaos Gods, not just to Khorne. This has a very Undivided feel to it, atleast in my mind.

What do you think guys, is it reasonable for Khorne-devoted units to shout things such as these?

Comments

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 16,026
    nope , but hopefully they will get updated by launch
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • EthorinEthorin Registered Users Posts: 626
    This literally already got Addressed by CA in regards to Tzeentch Knights.

These are early dev builds and the voice lines have already been fixed and will be correct on launch.
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,235
    Ethorin said:

This literally already got Addressed by CA in regards to Tzeentch Knights.

These are early dev builds and the voice lines have already been fixed and will be correct on launch.

Makes sense, that's good then!
  • SoranosofEphesusSoranosofEphesus Registered Users Posts: 4
    They're placeholders, but honestly, can we talk about how lame WoC voicelines are ?

Like, "For Chaos", "Northern Tribes", where's the flair ? They're half-mad eldricht abominations fused in metal armor, go a bit more crazy than "oh we serve the gods" ! Dawn of War did it masterfully !
  • AicAic Registered Users Posts: 71
    Oh I remember the Cackling very much mad chaos cultists form DoW 1/2! Those were actually quite good now in retrospect.
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 541

They're placeholders, but honestly, can we talk about how lame WoC voicelines are ?

Like, "For Chaos", "Northern Tribes", where's the flair ? They're half-mad eldricht abominations fused in metal armor, go a bit more crazy than "oh we serve the gods" ! Dawn of War did it masterfully !

Can't expect much.... the game is pretty soulless

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,836

No game will ever beat dawn of war's voice acting.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!