Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ogre Kingdoms missing units are enough for a Lord Pack

DabilaDabila Registered Users Posts: 37
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
Hello everyone

After the official reveal of the rostes I wanted to check what units were missing from the list that is on the wiki. And the result are perfect for a Lord Pack DLC.

Notable Characters

• Bragg the Gutsman

• Golgfag Maneater

• Braugh Slavelord

• Ghark Ironskin

Heroes

• Ogre Bruiser

Units

• Yhetee

• Thundertusk

Add a new variant of the maneaters (they can make almost one variant per race in the game) or other unit (like big weapons or dual), or even a feral version of one of the current monsters, and you would have 4 units easy for a LP. So yeah, I think if the game sells well (that is almost sure will do), we can assume is about time we get a LP to complete the roster of the Ogres.

Edit: I have changed LL to Notable Characters and add 2 more.
Post edited by Dabila on

Comments

• SeniorLobsterSeniorLobster RussiaRegistered Users Posts: 372
    edited November 2021
    Yeah, we'll get DLC pack and FLC lord for OK, no doubts.
    Post edited by SeniorLobster on
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,385
    god that would be beyond ****. ogres really should've just been part of the base game.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • SamownisSamownis Registered Users Posts: 60
    I see Bragg as more of a Legendary Hero. Ogres aren't fond of following him after he's gutted the tyrant he was working for. Ghark Ironskin would be a good LL once we get Chaos Dwarves.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,820
    yep as people said, units were very deliberately left out for DLC.

Honestly, im not a big fan of holding content back like this - yhetees and thundertusk absolutely should have made the original roster
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285

god that would be beyond ****. ogres really should've just been part of the base game.

I mean they basically are. If they are in on day one, have 2 LLs, a mostly complete roster, and are getting Lord Packs... it really isn't that different
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Two LLs in a single LP will not happen.

I would like to see Golfag as the LL, Bragg as a LH and Ghark as FLC LL (or vice versa with Golfag).

Add 1 or 2 gnoblard units to that and it will bé perfect :)
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,095

Honestly, I agree- although they'd be even more likely to get units cut for lord packs if that were the case.

I'm confident that an Ogre lord pack will come reasonably soon after launch, probably once all the base game races have gotten 1 each. The Ogres are going to need Regiments of Renown and a lord pack would be the easiest way to provide them.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 2,147
    Needs Ghark Ironskin. Bragg the Gutsman should be a legendary hero instead. Add some Gnoblar Flingers and Manbiters. Maybe another Maneater variant. Preferably the Ninja one. Then we all good.

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,779
    1/10 no Ghark Ironskin

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,160

While I would agree, the bright side here would be that from the pricing here we might end up on a "normal" level

WoC/Norsca were 9,99€
    Beastmen/Woodelves 18,99€
    Rival DLCs 8,99€

So assuming OK will be 9,99€ and the later Rival DLC against Whomever to round up the last missing unit 8,99€, then we pay the race pack price for the "full" armybook with probably 4 LLs (2 race pack +1 DLC +1 FLC) and would have some other race new units+LL in as bonus for a different story approach then whatever Skrag & Greasus will be up for.

Its not ideal that Ogres get split and used as preorder, but we migth end up with the complete package later at least.

-----Red Dox
    the problem isn't that they'd need an additional pack. the problem is that they're cut off content from launch you have to pay extra for just a week after launch. the early access window isn't good enough.

Army painter plox
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,682
    I personally hope to see Golgfag as dlc LL and the Gutsman as a form of Legendary Hero, he is said to wander sense no one wants to actually follow him, being scary to be around by Ogre standards. Although if the Gutsman is a LL I wouldn't mind either, he is to cool to pass up one way or another if you ask me!

Also hope to get Ghark Ironskin as FLC or DLC. An Ogre LL of literal living metal (his mount) specializing in massive Rhinox charges? Count me in!
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 9,901

In that case they would have less units than they have now.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 9,901
    edited November 2021
    Bragg is LH material, not LL by any means, he is hated by all Ogres and not a single one would follow him anywhere.

Ghark and Golgfag is where the money is.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,751
    Yes one DLC to finish the OK. Pre-order + LP price will indeed be the same as a campaign pack as @Red_Dox said.

DLC
    LL Ghark Ironskin
    LH: Bragg the Gutsman
    Generic Character: Bruiser

Units:
    Yhetees
    Thundertusk
    Armoured Rhinox (to match the LL)

FLC/TWA LL: Golfag Maneater

Make it happen CA!

In that case they would have less units than they have now.
    but you'd get them for the base 60 dollars. which you should. cause they're part of the initial launch roster.

Army painter plox
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,919

the problem isn't that they'd need an additional pack. the problem is that they're cut off content from launch you have to pay extra for just a week after launch. the early access window isn't good enough.

Why should buyers be permanently entitled to free additional content just because Ogres were cut out of the game to give room for Cathay? Even if we count the monogods as half-races due to only having a single LL we are still getting the same level of content as previous games and in reality we are getting more content than before. While the Ogres may have been "cut" they were replaced with other content.

The economic reality is that by giving away Ogres for free as pre-order and during the first week CA massivly sets back their ability to recover the costs for making them, let alone making a profit from the race pack later on. Frankly I doubt that the number of Ogre DLC sold will ever match the number given away for free when you look at the sales potential of WH3.
    And also people gotta not confuse world building, you know, bring the world to life by referencing stuffs that isn't on the map, or is an event, to some kind of announcement, you know? That is certainly not the case.
    -Andy Hall, Principal Writer and Narrative Designer for Warhammer 3.
  • agrobioagrobio Registered Users Posts: 193
    you forgot of the ninja ogre , report you
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,328
    Unfortunately Ogres will apparently not be expanded.
    CA cut the content surgically and already talked about the plans to make this LP.

there are also variants of gnoblars that can fill if used in dlc to fill functions

It was made to be that way, who liked to wait and pay.

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,235
    Bragg works best as a Legendary Hero and we need Ghark Ironskin because he's badass. Two units wouldn't be enough for a lord pack obviously so I guess they could throw the Blood Vultures too.

• RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,682
    I like the idea of armored Rhinox's for Ghark myself. Make his charges even more brutal! Would make sense lorewise to, the Ironskin Tribe values iron above gold and diamonds and the like, solely because it gives them the power to just take the latter by force anyways!
  • DabilaDabila Registered Users Posts: 37
    I have renamed the list from LL to Notable Characters and added the two that were left (sry, they weren't on the page of the wikI), so up to you guys discuss if they should be LL or LH.
  • 445Aas445Aas Registered Users Posts: 400
    I hope an ogre DLC would include the missing lores of magic: death & heavens.

I was looking forward finaly be able to play the lore of heavens, one of my favorite lores, in one of my favorite, more evil flavored races.

Sad.
    KN_Gars said:

Why should buyers be permanently entitled to free additional content just because Ogres were cut out of the game to give room for Cathay? Even if we count the monogods as half-races due to only having a single LL we are still getting the same level of content as previous games and in reality we are getting more content than before. While the Ogres may have been "cut" they were replaced with other content.

The economic reality is that by giving away Ogres for free as pre-order and during the first week CA massivly sets back their ability to recover the costs for making them, let alone making a profit from the race pack later on. Frankly I doubt that the number of Ogre DLC sold will ever match the number given away for free when you look at the sales potential of WH3.
    lol

Army painter plox
  • Xenos777Xenos777 Registered Users Posts: 8,038
    well, that was the idea from the beginning, I guess.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    Red_Dox said:

"if the game sells well" can be thrown out of the window. They did not include the units since they deliberately have already mapped a DLC on their roadmap. Its just the question of When, not If.

------Red Dox

They left out the units so that they can make a DLC, yes. But they aren't making those DLCs unless market projections show it to be a sound venture.. So no... You cannot throw out the old "If the game sells well" statement, since that statement is still alpha and omega in regards to the future prospects of the game..
  • AlduineeAlduinee Registered Users Posts: 193
    How convenient
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Edinburgh, ScotlandRegistered Users Posts: 5,387
    Ghark and Bragg looks great hope they will come out at some point.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,160

Red_Dox said:

"if the game sells well" can be thrown out of the window. They did not include the units since they deliberately have already mapped a DLC on their roadmap. Its just the question of When, not If.

------Red Dox

They left out the units so that they can make a DLC, yes. But they aren't making those DLCs unless market projections show it to be a sound venture.. So no... You cannot throw out the old "If the game sells well" statement, since that statement is still alpha and omega in regards to the future prospects of the game..
    • We all know that DLCs even in game#1 sold like crazy AND that WHFB was so good they upped their plans for future stuff.
    • Which lead directly to game#2, which again sold like crazy as base game
    • and that counts even more for the DLC. Or do you believe they trippled the amount of DLC because nobody buys it?
    • CA also has the actual preorder numbers for game#3 Which I assume might be crazy high. Since a lot of people in this forum or reddit are always using the phrase "I will buy no matter what, to finish the trilogy. So I already preordered months ago". Sure, that does not count for everyone. I myself am stubborn so far. But it would be pretty unrealistic to expect that the preorder numbers are NOT extremely good.
    • Case & point: TWW3 is still in the Steam topseller list. Not in the top 10, but for a game that started preorder in February and was delayed to 2022, its still there.

• CA has already a roadmap which includes the first 6 DLCs for sure. That includes Chaos Dwarfs which probably show up around 6 months after game#3 launch (Tomb Kings came 4 months after. And remember how they put the DLC teams to work on the Norsca problem but Tomb Kings were already pretty much finished at that time and came on schedule?) and roughly one rival DLC for each starting race. Thats 6-8, depending how you want to count with Mr.Mystery and Ogre Kingdoms. While those Rival DLCs will not be "on the way" right away, CA for sure already has mapped out which LL against Whom and with which Units if already a strong allegiance left from the TT or the already revealed "missing roster parts".
    And this whole Ogre scenario falls exactly in this category. These units and at least Golgfag WERE left out with the actual goal of selling them in an extra DLC. Leaving one unit out, I would have said "Skullthrone 22". But three armybook entries is too much for that. And CA already knows who they will pitch that DLC against. The rudimentary story script is already done. Now its just waiting for When the DLC team gets the go for it and in what order the rival DLCs will roll out. Ogres could be very well far away, since the actual core races will get served first. And since the success of TWW3 is already written, even if it is in a wonky stage (like TWW2 was...), the DLCs will come. The game is a sound venture. It has probably already made profit. You can play devils advocate here, but if you actually doubt it then we definitly live in two different worlds and I don't know which company and which two games you have watched here the last 5 years. The only way to not go forward with the planned DLCs, might be some superhuge global failure. We already had a pandemic during which CA made seemingly extreme profits as they stated themselves in May how good everything was going. So if Climate Change will not step up its game or somtehing from outta space hits the UK, I don't see TWW3 fail. Damn, even Rome 2 got plastered with DLC and a lot of people still have post traumatic stress syndrome from that launch.

------Red Dox