Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ogre Kingdoms missing units are enough for a Lord Pack

2»

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,841
    - Ghark LL
    - Bragg LH
    - Bruiser Hero
    - Thundertusk
    - Yhetees
    - Pigpack Riders

FLC: Golgfag Maneater

Perfection.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,654
    One is guaranteed at this point, if not two.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 2,189
    edited November 2021
    I'm usually ok with CA's DLC's but this time it really feels like they left the ogres incomplete on purpose. Bad move CA.
    Post edited by PoorManatee6197 on
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,017
    It's pretty obvious they can get one.

The real question is...how long will it take for this pre-order to get one?
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,754
    Red Dox ultimately has the right of it.

Ultimately, DLC for DLC taboo was broken in Warhammer II and they straight up said the Wood Elf DLC was the test if they'd see more. Probably had to prove it to the bean counters and it did well, they said it did well and the BM one came around and lets not pretend people haven't praised the BM DLC.

The Skaven also shows that they basically are more than willing to leave units out. Even ones that are actually iconic, or even a backbone to the balance of the race for DLC.

So yeah, there is enough for a lord pack floating around but I do suspect they wont front load this one. Obviously Kislev and Cathay are still main good guy dishes and will be in the original two I'd suspect. And I even think they'll want to have each of the DoC rosters to be in one. Combined with at least two campaign packs that I suspect will come down the pipe we ultimately will not see a OK DLC in the first year.

But, I don't think they're planning for a one year, or even just a two year back end DLC with game 3. Game 2 showed just how long it can go and remain an ample cash cow.
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,434
    edited November 2021
    Its not as thematic an LP as it could be (if for example the Rhinox Riders would've been held back instead of the Thundertusk) but its certainly going to happen as the Thundertusk is too important to leave out. Ghark should definetly be the DLC lord and Golgfag the FLC, with Bragg being LH.

Beyond that, if there is room for more FLC, then I can see Groth Onefinger being added. The first Ogre Butcher and ancestor of the Lazarghs Tribe, which would be a close neighbor to Zhao Ming.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,017
    edited November 2021
    Personally speaking I miss the Yhetees more than I miss the Thundertusks
    Nyxilis said:

Ultimately, DLC for DLC taboo was broken in Warhammer II and they straight up said the Wood Elf DLC was the test if they'd see more. Probably had to prove it to the bean counters and it did well, they said it did well and the BM one came around and lets not pretend people haven't praised the BM DLC.

The Skaven also shows that they basically are more than willing to leave units out. Even ones that are actually iconic, or even a backbone to the balance of the race for DLC.

So yeah, there is enough for a lord pack floating around but I do suspect they wont front load this one. Obviously Kislev and Cathay are still main good guy dishes and will be in the original two I'd suspect. And I even think they'll want to have each of the DoC rosters to be in one. Combined with at least two campaign packs that I suspect will come down the pipe we ultimately will not see a OK DLC in the first year.

But, I don't think they're planning for a one year, or even just a two year back end DLC with game 3. Game 2 showed just how long it can go and remain an ample cash cow.

With Skaven, it's clearly not a case of being left out and more GW made a BUTT-**** TON of stuff for the Skaven. There is a clear disproportionate love for Skaven over at HQ over, say, Dark Elves who are really only missing Black Ark Admirals.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,673

Its not as thematic an LP as it could be (if for example the Rhinox Riders would've been held back instead of the Thundertusk) but its certainly going to happen as the Thundertusk is too important to leave out. Ghark should definetly be the DLC lord and Golgfag the FLC, with Bragg being LH.

Beyond that, if there is room for more FLC, then I can see Groth Onefinger being added. The first Ogre Butcher and ancestor of the Lazarghs Tribe, which would be a close neighbor to Zhao Ming.

Groth has been dead for ages.

A better pick would be Braugh, an Ogre with access to some undead units would be pretty unique.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous

Groth has been dead for ages.

A better pick would be Braugh, an Ogre with access to some undead units would be pretty unique.

A good alternative as well yes. But I'd want some Ogre skeletons then.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,754

Personally speaking I miss the Yhetees more than I miss the Thundertusks

Nyxilis said:

With Skaven, it's clearly not a case of being left out and more GW made a BUTT-**** TON of stuff for the Skaven. There is a clear disproportionate love for Skaven over at HQ over, say, Dark Elves who are really only missing Black Ark Admirals.
    Oh I 100% disagree. I'm not talking about expanded book stuff, side bits, or things from other games like Mordheim.

Jezzails are a mainstay of Skaven armies. Period. Well known, and lacking them was a serious detriment to the roster up front. They should have been in the skaven roster from the beginning. Regardless of the love or amount of DLC that came later this was very much something left out to ensure you'd buy the skaven's DLC before they were certain on the appeal.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,684
    Two units and a hero? Sounds like the FLC component of a Lord Pack, being honest.
    Itharus said:

Two units and a hero? Sounds like the FLC component of a Lord Pack, being honest.

That's why it's 5 units and a hero.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• ThorresThorres Registered Users Posts: 12
    Could we see feral units for the Ogres? (Stonehorn, Rhinox, Mournfang, Thundertusk)
    Thorres said:

Could we see feral units for the Ogres? (Stonehorn, Rhinox, Mournfang, Thundertusk)

Sabretusks are one, but otherwise no. Depends if you consider Blood Vultures feral in that right?
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    Red_Dox said:

*Snipped for brevity*

And yet, regardless of all that wonderous bluster, you still cannot disregard the one simple truth: The game needs to sell well for DLCs to be made. Just because the game has already sold well, does not make the statement untrue.
  • Coldrage20Coldrage20 Registered Users Posts: 237
    And this is why I feel bad for ogre fans. Dont even have a large roster and still getting screwed over.

Dlc for DLC is a bad model that will only get worse as time goes on

W3 has 3 races + a preorder race

A map we have 1/3 of 5 years ago.
    What are we supposed to be excited for? Sieges where the ai is brain dead and reuse mechanics from rome 2 and attila?

3 of the 4 ( 5 if preorder) look like more shooty gun line boring as sin gameplay.

I don't mind DLC I mind when some spits and calls it rain
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,654

Red_Dox said:

*Snipped for brevity*

And yet, regardless of all that wonderous bluster, you still cannot disregard the one simple truth: The game needs to sell well for DLCs to be made. Just because the game has already sold well, does not make the statement untrue.
    Obviously i would totally expect future of wh vedio if it doesn't.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

There are only two units listed, one hero, and a number of characters. What are you talking about 5 units?
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 8,449
    Itharus said:

There are only two units listed, one hero, and a number of characters. What are you talking about 5 units?
    ONE DLC IF NOT TWO....
    Am I not seeing the other 3 listed units or something? There's only 2 bullet points under that heading.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,336
    Skip the business comments folks. Discuss the thread topic as presented.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 1,767
    MiniaAr said:

Yes one DLC to finish the OK. Pre-order + LP price will indeed be the same as a campaign pack as @Red_Dox said.

DLC
    LL Ghark Ironskin
    LH: Bragg the Gutsman
    Generic Character: Bruiser

Units:
    Yhetees
    Thundertusk
    Armoured Rhinox (to match the LL)

FLC/TWA LL: Golfag Maneater

Make it happen CA!

Sounds about right, along with a load of Gnoblar units, the slingers, man biters and maybe for gharsk an 'armoured' varient for gnoblars with something like 50 armour

Maybe an AP varient too seeing as the gnoblars of his tribe would spend a lot of time around armour. I don't mean big AP, still puny. That at least then gives 3-4 Gnoblar units to bulk out the pack
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,841

It's pretty obvious they can get one.

The real question is...how long will it take for this pre-order to get one?

3-4 years would be my guess… pain.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,687
    I forgot the Blood Vulture as a potential unit, either a Great Eagle equivalent or maybe in a small size pack like Vargheists.

They were an upgrade of the Hunter in the 8th edition armybook, and thus would be as legitimate as the nasty skulkers for GS who were similarly mentionned.

Then there is the Gnoblar armylist but I must admit I'm not really convinced this should be treated as more than a joke. I could leave with Manbiters as a flail cheap infantry and maybe an Honcho hero (with Rhinox mount) but Pigback riders really look stupid and the other gnoblars don't seem to bring anything to the table.
    Itharus said:

I do not know. I think i was referencing something else.

Regardless CA has shown plenty of willingness to make up units. Content isn't a limiting factor.

Forum Terms & Conditions