Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A Covenant with Chaos

Comments

• HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285
    Reeks said:

Solid rename entity formerly known as Fungus, Drowned, solid indeed...

You had a good suggestion, but I liked the alliteration more...
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,362

Reeks said:

your choice are better :-)

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • LaesmaLaesma Registered Users Posts: 34

Reeks said:

Consider "HornyHound" tho !
    Laesma said:

Reeks said:

That is a narrow view of excess. The beautiful thing about Slaanesh is indulging in all things that bring pleasure.

That and I like Hedonismbot from Futurama.
  • LaesmaLaesma Registered Users Posts: 34

Laesma said:

Reeks said:

That is a narrow view of excess. The beautiful thing about Slaanesh is indulging in all things that bring pleasure.

True, true, but HornyHound makes me giggle, narrowness be damned ! Can't argue against a Futurama reference tho, those will always have my blessings !
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,362

Laesma said:

Reeks said:

That is a narrow view of excess. The beautiful thing about Slaanesh is indulging in all things that bring pleasure and pain.

Ftfy

Don´t forget the pain part, it´s a important aspect of the sleaziest of chaos gods xD

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
    Reeks said:

Laesma said:

Reeks said:

That is a narrow view of excess. The beautiful thing about Slaanesh is indulging in all things that bring pleasure and pain.

Ftfy

Don´t forget the pain part, it´s a important aspect of the sleaziest of chaos gods xD
    "I thought I'd gone to the limits. I hadn't. The Cenobites gave me an experience beyond limits... pain and pleasure, indivisible."
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited November 2021

Reeks said:

Laesma said:

Reeks said:

Ftfy

"I thought I'd gone to the limits. I hadn't. The Cenobites gave me an experience beyond limits... pain and pleasure, indivisible."
    Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, angels to others.

Yeh, basically Slaanesh.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,836
    Wow! that was a great trailer! I liked the narrative a lot!

Slaanesh was just badass!

Nurgle is cool, but the bright colors make the models look childish instead of "nightmarish but happy", personal opinion, models are great thought, toad and beast, just awesome!
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • YellowTreeYellowTree Registered Users Posts: 347
    Meh, it’s no Kislev. But that’s chaos for you.
  • hendo#1695hendo#1695 Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    What unit is in the picture below? It doesn’t look like the Nurgle toad…

It looks like a single entity. Perhaps some version of these beautifully disgusting creature?

• Killertut#9655Killertut#9655 Registered Users Posts: 1,124
    hendo’ said:

It looks like a single entity. Perhaps some version of these beautifully disgusting creature?

that is probably just a greater unclean one.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,601
    Probably a Great Unclean One. We have already pictures of head variants here.

------Red Dox
  • rrinscheid#7766rrinscheid#7766 Registered Users Posts: 222
    Ok it’s confirmed I am now hyped AF for Slaanesh to be playable those chariots and Keeper look awesome. I just hope the Keeper’s voice changes from male to feminine while talking.
  • hendo#1695hendo#1695 Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    @Killertut @Red_Dox

You both are probably right. Shortly after I posted I started thinking similarly; however, I’m not 100% it almost looks to be in a slumped position similar to the posture of a gorebeast. Though, as I said, you both are probably right that it’s just a great unclean one.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,464
    hendo’ said:

@Killertut @Red_Dox

You both are probably right. Shortly after I posted I started thinking similarly; however, I’m not 100% it almost looks to be in a slumped position similar to the posture of a gorebeast. Though, as I said, you both are probably right that it’s just a great unclean one.

It kinda looks like the Glottkin to me, or rather the big one they ride around on:

But yeah it is probably a GUO.
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,347
    By the way did anyone notice how nurglings were flying out of the belly of the great unclean one while he was attacking ?!
    At 02:30
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,475
    Man the chaos fans always say the grossest stuff. Y'all need therapy. SMH.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,949
    Itharus said:

I didnt see anything.

Chaos, is just life.
    Kneel

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,076
    Itharus said:

And I can prove that.

Dawn of War 3 is the best Dawn of War.

There, I said something utterly gross.
  • #324448#324448 Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,146
    Itharus said:

Y'all need therapy.

Tell me you're a redditor without telling me you're a redditor
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,074
    This is the weirdest reveal time both OK mechanics, nurgle and slannesh trailer on my birthday 😀 very happy right now

• Ralev#6167Ralev#6167 Registered Users Posts: 161
    Ok. I just pre ordered based on this trailer. Big hand CA. NICE WORK.
  • SaurianDruid#4682SaurianDruid#4682 Registered Users Posts: 1,724
    Beautiful. This was a great trailer. I really like how across the three games we've seen the Advisor's story unfold, going from a servant of Tzeentch who was betrayed by his own patron to now where he's trying to find a new patron to serve.

I also love that they showed Slaanesh as more than just a sexual deviant. Here we see his daemon offer a hand to the Advisor to aid him in his obsessive search for the knowledge Tzeentch wouldn't give him.

And of course PAPA NURGLE! YES! We get confirmation that Nurgling SWARMS are in as a unit. They look ridiculous and I love them.

Plus plague toads! I thought for sure those would be DLC locked.

Looking really great so far. I can't wait to see the full roster.
  • Gustaf97Gustaf97 Registered Users Posts: 79
    WOW

what an amazing trailer, CA is truly masters at making epic and rewatchable trailers :smiley:
    Definatly one of the best trailers for Game 3. It had that Warhammer 2 DLC trailer magical feel that i rely love. It was so cool seeing the Plauge toads and the Slaanesh marauders. Some Youtubers says that the Monogod factions are demon only. I however still hope and pray to Khaine that the mortal chaos warriors, chosen and marauders just get included in the Monogod factions.
    I am super happy about the Slaanesh marauders. But i would for sure buy a DLC that gave us rely thematic monogod mortals for all gods. Imagine getting Nurgle Chosen or Slaanesh Chosen or even Tzeentch chosen, that would be so fricken cool. All having their unique skins and god specific stats.
    Having god themed mortals might even enrich the Chaos undivided. Perhaps giving Undevided a mechanic where you defile enough settlements in the name of one god and you get some Nurgle Chaos warriors for example.
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,475

Itharus said:

Y'all need therapy.

Tell me you're a redditor without telling me you're a redditor
    That is offensive. I do not now, nor have I ever, nor shall I, use a Reddit account.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,601
    edited November 2021
    Hmm, some things I noticed while slowmo watching some parts again.

We can also see the "Nurgling Voltron" near a Chaos Spawn, for size comparision. They are certainly not on monstrous Infantry size, so maybe that is the fever dreamed "Infantry Size Nurgling" version CA popped up. if so, then certainly better then inflating a Nurgling to Dwarf size. Or the "Voltron" is just a alternate Nurgling Swarm animation, just like them piling up to the "Swarm Piles" we know from their last TT kit.

Time will tell.

When N'kari shows up we can also see something weird happening on the side.

Since teh attention is mostly on N'karis splendid murder-roll into the Forsaken, something else is jumping with "glowing" attacks also into enemies. I would assume we see there Fiends who leap into the enemy, even if the "glowing magical" attack does not make sense that way (Exalted Fiends? Magical buffed?). But if that are fiends, that would really go along with the scittering Scorpion crawl we have already seen and their all around weirdness.

Also noteworthy

I don't know if that was here, or reddit, were I read "GUO plops out Nurglings each hit". That is wrong. The Nurglings are right there in their "pile form".

And when the GUO just bashes the enemies in front, the Nurglings are just confettied around through the impact.
    I mention that since we had in 7th edition a Demonic Gift that allowed GUOs to spawn Nurgling bases

It is from several artworks also implied that GUOs and Nurglings resonate very well and GUOS would spawn them.

So while a mechanic for something like that still can show up, it was not seen in that particular trailer moment.

------Red Dox
  • petertel123#3826petertel123#3826 Junior Member AmsterdamRegistered Users Posts: 1,047
    Killertut said:

hendo’ said:

that is probably just a greater unclean one.
    Is that guy on the left dualwielding halberds?
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
  • Grba#3181Grba#3181 Registered Users Posts: 597
    One of the best warhammer videos,well done CA

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,455
    A video dedicated to the great game, good that CA had chosen the monogods path. B)

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game