Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Max. 8 LL or 7? No LL for Lizardmen?

#326352#326352 Registered Users Posts: 566
Hey all,

now that everyone watched the nurgle vs slaneesh trailer (Really good, CA could make an Warhammer Film and it would be great. The CA Trailer/Cinematic Team makes an incredible job) i would start a new topic.

We have 2 LL with the Ogre LL's Blog Post yesterday. The current Layout is for 7-8 LL's. So are the Lizardmen finished? No LL more for Lizards or is there possible one left? Will the Empire get 7-8 LL's Lords?

What do you think? Are there max. 7 or 8 LL? Or do you think the limit is possibly higher? Who do you think is getting 7 or 8 LL's? Skaven for sure 7. :)

Lets Discuss

Comments

• DrJammat#8325DrJammat#8325 Registered Users Posts: 511
    I don't think CA have planned that far ahead and they'll decide on DLC lords a year or two in advance but not too much further and other races will be ahead of Lizardmen in the queue for new content.
  • Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,864
    I don't think there is a 'limit'. However, I don't see any old Races getting LP's and FLC over and over again when there are this many Races to Crossover.

Even assuming they Crossover 3 Races a year (an ambitious goal), that's 5 years to Crossover everyone just once.

So, while I don't think there is a hard limit, if you're a fan of any old Races, I wouldn't expect any more 1-2 more characters on top of what they already have. If that. Some Races might not be Crossed over at all.

For the Lizardmen specifically, there are more characters they could add....but I'm far more interested in them getting a mechanical update/overhaul rather than them getting more characters and units. They need polish and depth on existing content more than they need new content imo.

I wouldn't say 'no' to new content. But it's not my preference for a priority of development.
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    They probably have not decided yet as drjammat said, but it would also be really easy to change the ui to make room for more LLs if they need it.

I hope 7 is the limit though because of marginal utility, unless all the other races are up there in numbers too.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,466
    CA have changed the UI before, and they may have an option to add a slider for the LL selection.

I don't think this is evidence of a "Hard cap", but that said there is the possibility that LM are "complete" in terms of LPs anyway, but we will see.
  • #326352#326352 Registered Users Posts: 566
    I think they planed a little ahead and 8th is the current max.

But you are completly right nothing is set in stone and could change easily.

I would love to have 7-8 LL's for character heavy factions like empire.

I am a little collector. "Gonna catch them all."
  • Loreguy#1056Loreguy#1056 Registered Users Posts: 1,852
    LM will get at least Tetto'eko. I would like to see another legendary Slann but I could live w/o that.

There is no max number of LL per race.

There will be new DLCs as long as game is successful.

With 100+ Lords there will be races with 8+.
  • #326352#326352 Registered Users Posts: 566
    Loreguy said:

LM will get at least Tetto'eko. I would like to see another legendary Slann but I could live w/o that.

There is no max number of LL per race.

There will be new DLCs as long as game is successful.

With 100+ Lords there will be races with 8+.

I would love to get 8+ LL's. :)
  • Pr4vda#6038Pr4vda#6038 Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 2,327
    I hope Titto'eko will come at some point. But the LM are in good shape concerning units and LL's.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,458
    Titto'eko is really their only LL candidate left, Chakax is a LH, if anything I see the LM not getting a DLC and getting Titto'eko as FLC LL at some point, their roster is already complete and they even have some extra units.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,580
    8 lords is basically a requirement to fit all the content left for some races, like if the Vampire Counts are supposed to get a LL for every bloodline, that's 4 more just from that (Ushoran, Neferata, Abhorash and Zacharias) which will put them at 9 due to WH1 stupidity. Empire also needs atleast 4 more to get the basic characters in, but probably more there too.

Lizardmen should have Tetto'eko and one more DLC bringing in Culchans, Arcanadon, Chakax and Skink Bows.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,040
    There won’t be fixed LL numbers. Some will get more, some less.

Ogres are fine with 4 LLs.

LM should get Tetto’eko as #8.

Monogods would be fine with 5-6.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,040
    Goatforce said:

CA have changed the UI before, and they may have an option to add a slider for the LL selection.

I don't think this is evidence of a "Hard cap", but that said there is the possibility that LM are "complete" in terms of LPs anyway, but we will see.

I doubt that LM will get another LP but they need a huge rework, which should come together with Tetto’eko as a FLC.
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Registered Users Posts: 1,026
    edited November 2021
    I think they can probably make another DLC for lizardmen, but that's it. Their roster is already very large and there's a limit to the number of units you can fit in without either making clones, or filling every niche and kill the differences between different factions.
    If not a DLC, then probably some rework will come later on.
  • Lazy_captainLazy_captain Registered Users Posts: 202
    edited November 2021
    LZM are cursed in getting bad dlc mechanics, whats worst is that CA might do it the 4th time. Tho maybe instead getting new units they just rebalance our oldones to make them viable, kroxigors, rippers, coldones, are all heavily underutilized units.
  • epic_160110304684zvoI1jJepic_160110304684zvoI1jJ Registered Users Posts: 76
    They can always add a bar to scroll across. I think lizardmen need an update to mechanics down the road, probably towards the end of game 3, so they may aswell add tetto eko or maybe chakax then. I also think it would be a bit of a shame if we didn’t have a lord from every race on the campaign map at the end
  • busbee247#5862busbee247#5862 Registered Users Posts: 1,323

8 lords is basically a requirement to fit all the content left for some races, like if the Vampire Counts are supposed to get a LL for every bloodline, that's 4 more just from that (Ushoran, Neferata, Abhorash and Zacharias) which will put them at 9 due to WH1 stupidity. Empire also needs atleast 4 more to get the basic characters in, but probably more there too.

Lizardmen should have Tetto'eko and one more DLC bringing in Culchans, Arcanadon, Chakax and Skink Bows.

which is why nobody should reasonably expect one LL per bloodline. at best vampires should hope for 2 LL and maybe if lucky a changed start position for ghorst so you dont have 4/5 of the lords starting in the same place
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,142
    I'm predicting max 8

Skaven we know for sure are getting Thanquol. I'd imagine they're also getting Skreetch Virminking as well. That would put them to 8.

For core factions that is. Even then I don't know if Kislev or Cathay will get 8 I doubt monos will either.

I'd say

8 LL
    Empire
    Greenskins
    Dwarfs
    Vampire Counts
    Skaven
    High Elves
    Dark Elves
    Lizardmen

5 LL
    Kislev
    Cathay
    Khorne
    Tzeentch
    Slaanesh
    Nurgle
    Wood Elves
    Bretonnia
    Tomb Kings
    Vampire Coast
    Beastmen
    Norsca
    Warriors of Chaos
    Ogre Kingdom
    Chaos Dwarfs
    Dogs of War
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • TrenchwarTrenchwar Registered Users Posts: 93
    Like some others have already said there probably is no hard limit but if they try to balance things out 8 is probably the highest "softcap" while 4 is the "lowcap". What I mean by that is that until anyone gets at least 4 LL it's unlikely some will get passed 8.

I also kind of expect wh1 races to have all their crossovers before wh2 races.

I mean, game 2 races already have the lead in terms of number of LL.

Empire needs middenland and nuln pack
    Dwarf needs Engineer lord / brewer lord / slayer units and stuff like that
    Vampire counts need other bloodlines
    Greenskins have a few lords left too

I know we miss some nice Helf unit like the skycutter. For game 2.

Skaven is pretty spot on outside of missing thanquol and verminlord.

Lizardmen misses tettoeko.

Not sure for Delves whats missing.

Assuming I'm right it feels like 2 LL per game 1 races and 1 LL per wh2 races (just considering the core ones).

I believe core races will have priority over campaign packs and pre order bonus (tomb king, wood elves, norska, ogres, beastmen, vampire coast).

If we consider they will also bring the core races of game 3 with more LL. That's a lot of DLCs and development time. I hope they plan to update this for a decade because man, that's a lot of LL.

4 is a likely minimun. 8 is a likely maximum. Average probably at 6. Thats my guestimate

• Oddzilla#9930Oddzilla#9930 Registered Users Posts: 405
    I'd far rather have a comprehensive lizardmen campaign rework than yet another LL and more roster bloat.

Base lizardmen campaign mechanics are the worst of any game 2 faction, and pathetic compared to game 3 factions. Most of their new units are redundant or useless, most of their LLs are hugely underwhelming. I don't want to see more stuff piled on top, I want them to finish the stuff they already sold me.

But, I know CA would rather do LPs than reworks, because they can't charge money for a rework, so perhaps something like they did with the beastmen would work, a LP alongside a rework.
  • JToegiTheSnotling#6624JToegiTheSnotling#6624 Registered Users Posts: 2,403
    Tetto'eko will have his day
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 1,004
    8 probably is not fixed but they also probably will do warhammer 3 or 1 races first I imagine considering the amount of time in the spotlight a good portion of the new races in 2 got over some in 1 (poor norsca and it’s 2 lords roster)
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,313
    While there is no hard limit to LLs I do think 8 is probably the most the majority of races will get, LM in particular I think are done as they have no units left to add at this point.
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    edited November 2021
    Rob18446 said:

While there is no hard limit to LLs I do think 8 is probably the most the majority of races will get, LM in particular I think are done as they have no units left to add at this point.

Culchan Riders

LM still need their light cav
  • Labria#2848Labria#2848 Registered Users Posts: 2,234
    edited November 2021
    Max 8 legendary lords per race make perfect sense. It will be really hard to find unique playstyle and space of map for more than 8 legendary lords per race.

If you think about it, most of legendary lords in the game are really just stronger versions of generic lord/hero. Lord Mazdamundi is better version of Slann Mage-Priest lord etc. I doubt Lizardmen really need another Slann as 9th legendary lord who will be just weaker copy of Lord Mazdamundi or something like this.

Lizardmen can still get Tetto'eko with Chakax(legendary hero for him) as FLC legendary lord in future. He can have huge focus to Skink Priest heroes. Also, I can imagine CA can make something cool about Tetto'eko's ablity to predict the future.

Honestly, 6-8 legendary lords for each race will add more to the game than Lizardmen, Skaven or Empire will 15 legendary lords but 7 of them will be really just copies of existing legendary lord with same playstyle.

I can imagine new Hunter character as legendary lord for Ogre Kingdoms will add more to the game than another named Slann legendary lord.
    Post edited by Labria#2848 on
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,745
    I doubt CA has any hard limit.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • mw51630#6772mw51630#6772 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,200
    There probably isn't a hard max, but looking at the WH3 map we've seen, it's more likely to focus on adding LLs for the Game 1 races, not Game 2. So I wouldn't expect Lizardmen to get any more.
  • Erathil#3988Erathil#3988 Registered Users Posts: 1,490
    There is no hard maximum. They'll add more as they see fit, and some races will end up with more than others.

The UI can include scrolling bars to expand. It wouldn't be the first time.
  • HisShadowBG#8316HisShadowBG#8316 Registered Users Posts: 3,437
    LM has had more than it's fair share of LLs that is for sure

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,571
    Lizardmen need more of mechanics than new units, they already have plenty units but mechanic is meh
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 586
    Lizardmen will likely get a lordpack at some point. I can see a Lizardmen vs Tzeentch pack being a reality, specifically Tetto'eko vs Egrimm van Horstmann, The Astronomer and the Daemonologist. Having two skilled magical casters fight it out in a thematic duel could be quite interesting.