Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Max. 8 LL or 7? No LL for Lizardmen?

2»

Comments

• ROMOBOY#7812ROMOBOY#7812 Registered Users Posts: 4,823
    I’m gonna miss the old selection UI. I looked forward to sliding down a long list of lords.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• demonisbest#1950demonisbest#1950 Registered Users Posts: 264
    I don't think there's a hard limit, but I also don't think any race will make it above 8 LLs.

Quite the opposite, in fact - very few races will make it to 8 LLs, IMO.

My guess would be all the races will get between 4 to 8 LLs:

4 for Norsca, Vampire Coast, Wood Elves and Ogre Kingdoms
    5 for Beastmen, Bretonnia, Tomb Kings, Monogods and Kislev
    6 for Cathay, Greenskins, Dwarfs and WoC
    7 for Empire*, High Elves, Skaven*, Vampire Counts* and Dark Elves
    8 for Lizardmen

*in the case of Empire, Skaven and Vamp Counts, I'm willing to entertain the thought that they will also make it to 8 LLs
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,580
    edited November 2021
    BRiiTASH2 said:

Lizardmen will likely get a lordpack at some point. I can see a Lizardmen vs Tzeentch pack being a reality, specifically Tetto'eko vs Egrimm van Horstmann, The Astronomer and the Daemonologist. Having two skilled magical casters fight it out in a thematic duel could be quite interesting.

Why would Egrimm van Horstmann face the Lizardmen when his whole character is an intimate traitor to the Empire? If anyone, he should face the Empire, preferably the Cult of Ulric updater.
  • TheTrue_LordAndy#1434TheTrue_LordAndy#1434 Registered Users Posts: 1,001
    edited November 2021
    My guess is CA would probably be working on Chaos Dwafs DLC, but aside of that look at which factions are most popular and/or need support to determine the best DLC pairings.

As for how many Lizardmen, we will either get an FLC or be done. I doubt many factions will get to 7 LL much less 8.
  • YitterbumYitterbum Registered Users Posts: 412
    I genuinely believe that Lizardmen are done barring some FLC update.
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    Yitterbum said:

• TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,580

Yitterbum said:

• Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,096
    Chakax as an FLC
  • damon40000#7640damon40000#7640 Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    They already have every kind of LL, there are races that lack even basic kinds of LL (ranged LL for dwarfs, bloodlines LLs for WC, many for WH3 races)
    BsFG dwarf
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,619
    LM only ME 2 exclusive. Or how will you add Lord Kroaks Questline to WH 3 story map?
  • busbee247#5862busbee247#5862 Registered Users Posts: 1,323
    Schub said:

LM only ME 2 exclusive. Or how will you add Lord Kroaks Questline to WH 3 story map?

you just dont get access to kroak in the story map? doesnt seem that hard, maybe you dont get him at all. markus wulfheart just doesnt have the elector count mechanics the other empire LL have its fine
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 5,211
    Max shoulda been six. Oxyotl never shoulda been a Lord.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,040

Max shoulda been six. Oxyotl never shoulda been a Lord.

What? He is a fantastic LL.
    ArneSo said:

Dude is a lone-wolf assassin. He ain't a lord of ****.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,040

ArneSo said:

Dude is a lone-wolf assassin. He ain't a lord of ****.
    Since when does that matter? He offers a fresh new way to play LM and that’s awesome. He was always meant to be a LL.
    ArneSo said:

Since when does that matter?

It doesn't. But it should.

It's one of the things CA gets wrong. Not every TT special character is meant to be a general.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    There is no maximum. But people need to get to grips with the fact, that there is no minimum either..

ArneSo said:

Since when does that matter?

It doesn't. But it should.

It's one of the things CA gets wrong. Not every TT special character is meant to be a general.
    Oxy was demanded by many people and received very well. So CA made the absolutely right decision.
    ArneSo said:

Oxy was demanded by many people and received very well.

He'd have been received just as well as a LH.

ArneSo said:

Oxy was demanded by many people and received very well.

He'd have been received just as well as a LH.
    You have absolutely nothing to base that on.
  • SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 601
    edited November 2021
    I'd say the Lizardmen in WH3 are likely to get a fate similar to Dwarves and Vampire Counts in WH2 :
    - A rework of the mechanics, including an additionnal currency. Right now, apart from Lizardmen, only Norsca and WoC don't have an extra currency, but these are kinda sure to get one with their rework, as this has clearly become a staple.
    - Maybe a Tetto'eko FLC close to the end of WH3. But I'm not confident about it. And a FLC would mean that poor Chakax wouldn't join as LH, which would be a shame because, well, he'd be the only one 8th edition LM left.
  • Lazy_captainLazy_captain Registered Users Posts: 202
    I still think LZD has a good chance to get a DLC, but if they do their bad mechanics will never be fixed
  • MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    ArneSo said:

There won’t be fixed LL numbers. Some will get more, some less.

Ogres are fine with 4 LLs.

LM should get Tetto’eko as #8.

Monogods would be fine with 5-6.

Love the optimism but I think Monos will end up with 3-4.
    And I'm not fond of that idea, but it's what I suspect will end up being the case.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

And I'm not fond of that idea, but it's what I suspect will end up being the case.
    Monos will be fortunate to get more than 3 (not counting FLC).
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,050
    Numbers and limits probably mean a lot more to forum dwellers than CA. If they think of a good idea with LM then we will see a LM DLC.
    MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

3 LLs would mean only 1 LP and 1 FLC. Be realistic… that won’t happen. Especially not with the super small rosters we have at launch.

2 LPs + 2 FLCs is the most realistic outcome.
  • MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    ArneSo said:

MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

3 LLs would mean only 1 LP and 1 FLC. Be realistic… that won’t happen. Especially not with the super small rosters we have at launch.

I hope you're right.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    edited November 2021
    The minimum value is 4.

Ogres will receive an LP, as Norsca apparently will recived one tho, at the end of the franchise any faction with 2LL`s.

the maximum should be between 7 and 8 , I don't see any factions currently able to surpass LZ , I see most factions getting only 1 or 2 extra LL`s in game3.

LZ could still get an LP, it would be interesting.

MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

I hope you're right.
    I hope so too. Otherwise I would never play Tzeentch considering how terrible the launch roster is.

If CA only planned 1 LP for Monos, their Launch rosters would be way bigger.