Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Should I wait until game 3 to get into multiplayer?

more-morewarpstonemore-morewarpstone Registered Users Posts: 196
Title

I have heard the nightmares in the multiplayer community, from counter-picking to fireball machine guns, but should I wait for Game 3 where this will be dealt with or start now?

Comments

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,308
    Start now as most of that stuff won't be dealt with. CA only does balance patches with DLC, and typically only touches on a few issues each time, not massive balancing overhauls.

Multiplayer has ALWAYS been full of exploitable cheeses. Some have been patched, others, not so much.

But additionally, the overall stylistic meta has been heavily stagnant for a long time and is not looking to change anytime soon. So you might as well get a head start learning that meta as soon as possible.
  • WarpDriverWarpDriver Registered Users Posts: 81
    Yeah, I'd agree, no time like the present. All experience now will help a lot. Maybe to save money you just want to buy game 3, and not lots of DLCs from the previous game, who knows, everyone's idea of what they want to do differs a bit.

I'm no expert, but still enjoy great, and largely good will, competitive games every day (2v2 mostly, which lets me play 1-2 races each session, rather than endless race swapping).
  • ThirdeyeThirdeye Registered Users Posts: 286
    No good reason to wait really. If you're concerned about counter-picking forget QB and play 2v2 or 3v3, 4v4, on Multiplayer Battles (MB). Its hard to counter-pick when you're facing 2 or more different factions. If you're waiting for bugs to get fixed, well, you'll be waiting a long time. Even if they fix the existing bugs more will pop-up. It just the complexity of the beast. Besides, most bugs are rather benign. If a player does some over-the top BS then just stop playing and drop-out. That's another benefit to playing MB, no ladder, win or lose who cares?. It's all for fun. So, get stuck-in and start having some real fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file