Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Roster Comparison Chart (from reddit)

1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,729
edited November 2021 in General Discussion

Source: https://www.reddit.com/gallery/r0fjps
EDIT:I didn't create this chart, I'm just posting it from reddit to this forum, all credits go to the reddit post in source.

I'm not going to say anything. You can see it for yourself...

Uhhh those Chaos warriors/Chosen (that I think are saved for DLCs) would have been really great.
Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
Post edited by 1v0 on

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 34,621
    edited November 2021
    So it's pretty clear that Cathay, Kislev, and Ogre Kingdoms are the major cores.

Nice to see Ogre Kingdoms in their rightful place on top.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 9,951
    Slaanesh will probably get 14 units too.

• 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,729

So it's pretty clear that Cathay, Kislev, and Ogre Kingdoms are the major cores.

Indeed with Ogres more complete/bigger roster (because they will get less DLCs(1) than base game races(2-3)).
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    1v0 said:

Indeed with Ogres more complete/bigger roster (because they will get less DLCs(1) than base game races(2-3)).
    I don't think it means that at all.

While Cathay and Kislev will quite obviously get more DLC than the Monos Ogres can still absolutely get 2 LPs. After all they're the only starter race with an actual 8th edition army book.

That said they start with 10 more units, so could quite viably be 2, or even 3 LPs behind and still come out ahead.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

1v0 said:

While Cathay and Kislev will quite obviously get more DLC than the Monos Ogres can still absolutely get 2 LPs. After all they're the only starter race with an actual 8th edition army book.

That said they start with 10 more units, so could quite viably be 2, or even 3 LPs behind and still come out ahead.
    Well if they get 2-3 LP I won't mind it(even thou I won't play ogres).
    I'm just saying it because it's a DLC while the others are basegame, to me it's just logic.
    Ogres will finish their entire roster with 1 LP. Monos will easily get 2-3 LPs given they have practically all the mortal/beastmen aspect to pull from.

Cathay/Kislev will get 2 likely given they are completely new factions.

• RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,682
    I just want Ghark Ironskin... leading armored rhinox riders...
  • Data5Data5 Registered Users Posts: 458

Bulls, maneaters, mournfang each with normal, iron fist and great weapon should at most count as 6 and not 9.
    Data5 said:

Bulls, maneaters, mournfang each with normal, iron fist and great weapon should at most count as 6 and not 9.
    Is that what the ingame roster counts it as?

1v0 said:

1v0 said:

I'm just saying it because it's a DLC while the others are basegame, to me it's just logic.
    They come with the game day 1 just like every other core.

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,802

1v0 said:

1v0 said:

So did WoC and Norsca. Let’s count all the DLC they got….
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    edited November 2021
    Worse than seeing an initial list with 14 units is to see that even with so little and still reused:
    -Recolored spawn for everyone.
    -Furys for everyone.
    -Soul grinder for everyone.
    -Forsaken for 3/4, but Khorne gets his red dogs in return.

when we take this out of the equation we see how much CA mistreated the monos, these lists were made in the worst possible way, and still give shape to the game.

And the mono haters still said the idea was absurd.lol

edited November 2021
    xDEMOSx said:

Worse than seeing an initial list with 14 units is to see that even with so little and still reused:
    -Furys for everyone.

when we take this out of the equation we see how much CA mistreated the monos, these lists were made in the worst possible way, and still give shape to the game.

Yea... I give a pass to soul grinder and furys.
    But the chaos spawns (with 0 new assets) and forsaken, not to mention tzeentch chaos ponis, disk raider and Khorne chariot (with the same card icon like WH1)... Yeaaa...

What is new(not a reused old model) is great, I just wish they went that extra mile and did it for all units...

That makes this even more sad not only do they get less units but some of them are .................

EDIT: I wanted monogds, but not with this roster (thou I really like their mechanics).
  • YellowTreeYellowTree Registered Users Posts: 347
    Monos do seem to be half cores looking at the lists. The LL are the big giveaway. VG was right all along.
  • Data5Data5 Registered Users Posts: 458
    xDEMOSx said:

-Furys for everyone.

You basically got the effort of 2 races put into 4 chaos races. But in TT there is only DoC and WoC so 2 race and 2 order 2 chaos is fair. I think that they did great work with the campaign mechanics for chaos factions.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    All lists to a lesser or greater degree had more reuses than usual for game2 core races.

even as human races, don't forget that half the kislev list is the same bear carrying something different in a different color.
    The idea of ​​making 6 races instead of 4 was detrimental to all of them.

But on mono lists like things are even worse.

Ogres as a pre-order instead of RP also gets in the way, we don't know when these guys will be complete, if w
    one day will be complete.(remenber 3k, as CA words are worth the same as nothing )

All in all I don't know if this third game was a good deal, 6 races instead of 4 but those being all just a beta.

I think about the new players they will surely say that this is a pay to win game when the first dlc`s come and will be quite right that these basic elements are largely insufficient.

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,216
    Unless Slaanesh surprises me greatly, the only Chaos race that looks like a proper MonoGod race is Khorne.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,216

Nice to see Ogre Kingdoms in their rightful place on top.

By this logic WoC is also a core race and we both know it is not, because they are something you buy separately from the the game.

Also, number of units doesn't determine what is a major core dumb dumb, otherwise Cathay and Kislev would be 3/4 cores because Ogres have more units.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,870

Also, number of units doesn't determine what is a major core dumb dumb, otherwise Cathay and Kislev would be 3/4 cores because Ogres have more units.

Well, there's also the Skaven argument.

The worse a core race is on release, the better post-launch support it gets.

It might end up being that Monogods end up in a better spot than both Cathay and Kislev, if this holds true..... a small consolation to me, but hey, I can wait.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    Odd... Nurgle got as small a roster as Tzeentch, yet the forum hasn't devolved into incoherent schreeching yet..
    edited November 2021

Odd... Nurgle got as small a roster as Tzeentch, yet the forum hasn't devolved into incoherent schreeching yet..

I haven't said anything because the roster is better than Tzeentch (and the models). Also after Tzeentch I expect the worse :D (damn I expected more reused models in Nurgle).
    What I mean is No Sartoriel (1 to 1 from WH1). No chaos ponys and so on...
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,289

Probably because Nurgle is mainly Daemons which means lots of unique and new models unlike Tzeentch that received a lot of recolours.

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,454
    Crossil said:

Well, there's also the Skaven argument.

The worse a core race is on release, the better post-launch support it gets.

It might end up being that Monogods end up in a better spot than both Cathay and Kislev, if this holds true..... a small consolation to me, but hey, I can wait.
    its pretty much guaranteed mono well some of the mono will be better than Cathay and kislev since both of these races are limited by how much GW make for them and don't have supplements or such. and some will suffer more if GW doesn't support them

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Mini_BananaMini_Banana Registered Users Posts: 192
    I think Tzeentch took the heat and softened the blow for Nurgle and maybe Slaanesh. I assume a lot people had an idea of what to expect at this point. Or at least should have an idea of what to expect...
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Yeah. Personally Tzeentch really made me adjust my expectations - to the point where Plague Toads hopping in to Nurgle's base roster was enough to generate a little bit of excitement.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,442
    1v0 said:

Uhhh those Chaos warriors/Chosen (that I think are saved for DLCs) would have been really great.

I'd like to see one column with all the Daemons.
    Glory matters not.

edited November 2021
    Surge_2 said:

1v0 said:

That be one hell of column. The highest amount of unique assets of any race in game.

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,442
    saweendra said:

Surge_2 said:

1v0 said:

That be one hell of column. The highest amount of unique assets of any race in game.
    Exactly, the Chad of Game 3 Rosters.
    Glory matters not.

Surge_2 said:

saweendra said:

Surge_2 said:

1v0 said:

Exactly, the Chad of Game 3 Rosters.
    Can not argue with that shame they had to give the pointless mono label or realm of chaos just call it doc , be done with it.

1v0 said:

1v0 said:

So did WoC and Norsca. Let’s count all the DLC they got….
    It's game 3. DLC for DLC races are proven to sell well.

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions